• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I have no issue with people liking something and singing songs about it.

My issue is a thought process which believe people can be judged based solely on where they were they born, and worse, that this could make them superior in any way.

I actually do agree with that.

But do you think the Welsh and Scottish politicians feel the same way.

Not sure if your serious or not. But if you are what organisations do you think is more PC then the BBC...

Many government civil service dept has tied themselves in PC knots these days and some of the big banks also!
The NHS is getting bad also! some rules are a step forward especially in the disability arena which are personally to late for me but are a step in the right direction.

I don’t see why you’re all getting your gender neutral undergarments in a twist about that article. Red top brickrag overblows some non-story about somewhere that isn’t London doing something odd. Big deal.

Oh wait that sounds like Brexit.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I don’t see why you’re all getting your gender neutral undergarments in a twist about that article. Red top brickrag overblows some non-story about somewhere that isn’t London doing something odd. Big deal.

Oh wait that sounds like Brexit.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
I take offense to that post.

Labelling me as gender neutral suggests there are genders and that there may be differences between them.

My first thought was that it had been heavily redacted, but then I read it, and it actually contains far more detail and forethought than any other government report on brexit.

It looks photocopied too, rather than just PDF’d from the original document, although with Cummings and his 3D chess who knows the real story.
It's a low bar.

Apparently this is almost the same as the earlier leaked 'baseline' report now softened as worst-case scenario. The redacted bit is online now and is about no petrol and refineries shutting down. Oh look, hard border.

It's a low bar.

Apparently this is almost the same as the earlier leaked 'baseline' report now softened as worst-case scenario. The redacted bit is online now and is about no petrol and refineries shutting down. Oh look, hard border.

It reads to me like prep from WWII, only this time it’s not because a nazi lunatic has started a world war but because some people are having a lark.

The history books will not be kind to those responsible.

It reads to me like prep from WWII, only this time it’s not because a nazi lunatic has started a world war but because some people are having a lark.

The history books will not be kind to those responsible.
It reads to me like a teenager has put it hastily together after having two weeks to do the project but left it to the last night and copy/pasted it from google searches.

I’m off to fill the cars/bike up, and every other vessel I can find.
I think I'll fill my face up with wine. Does anybody know how to skip on to the next multiverse?

Edit: on a parallel note (eh ;)) I finally understood superstring theory tonight

Last edited:
feel the same way as me or feel that place of birth has relevance on values and character?

I feel the same way that I don't mind people singing songs about something they like though I sense with those politicians it was about nationalism.

Regarding the EU. I was talking to a remainer friend today and he said he could understand why I voted out for patriotic reasons.

fudge patriotism it is not for me. Small government with less levels of politicians or civil servants yes I'm all for that. More accountability and less of the sinister empire building the EU is doing.

Said on here many times. When people and Boris did it recently talk about making Britain the greatest nation and making Britain great again.

Nope no no not for me. Make Britain a forward worldly looking nation. A modest quiet calmly efficient polite place.

We should always be welcoming asylum seekers. Interestingly I went to herstmonsaux castle today for a falconary day. When walking around the castle I was reading about the guy who brought it because as a refugee he was put their as a child. Made his millions in later life and brought it and dedicated it as a place for nations to learn together. Cool guy and cool place.

On nationalism I tend to agree with you except I don't hate the English. I noticed with my friend today he was talking about patriotism as though to be patriotic was intelluctly backward.

I think having full control over ones owns lawyers and being able to vote them out those that try to stop us is an amazing thing.

Many government civil service dept has tied themselves in PC knots these days and some of the big banks also!
The NHS is getting bad also! some rules are a step forward especially in the disability arena which are personally to late for me but are a step in the right direction.

As you know I have a terminal illness but one I might be able to live with for 20 years. I would like to see the government extend the rights of people with illnesses to try any new drugs however experimental. I am going to China in January for mine.

We are missing a trick in this country not opening up these trials here especially with our booming med tech industry.

Even before I got sick I was always very pro disabled rights, religion rights are the one area where I lack as I wouĺd ban them all.

I feel the same way that I don't mind people singing songs about something they like though I sense with those politicians it was about nationalism.

Regarding the EU. I was talking to a remainer friend today and he said he could understand why I voted out for patriotic reasons.

fudge patriotism it is not for me. Small government with less levels of politicians or civil servants yes I'm all for that. More accountability and less of the sinister empire building the EU is doing.

Said on here many times. When people and Boris did it recently talk about making Britain the greatest nation and making Britain great again.

Nope no no not for me. Make Britain a forward worldly looking nation. A modest quiet calmly efficient polite place.

We should always be welcoming asylum seekers. Interestingly I went to herstmonsaux castle today for a falconary day. When walking around the castle I was reading about the guy who bought it because as a refugee he was put their as a child. Made his millions in later life and bought it and dedicated it as a place for nations to learn together. Cool guy and cool place.

On nationalism I tend to agree with you except I don't hate the English. I noticed with my friend today he was talking about patriotism as though to be patriotic was intelluctly backward.

I think having full control over ones owns lawyers and being able to vote them out those that try to stop us is an amazing thing.

I don't hate anyone for what they are, but I do hate the way some people behave, racially motivated hate crime has doubled in this country since the referendum.

I'm for small government for local things too, but I'm also for big government for big things, we need a driver for environmental protection and humanitarian action, the EU is good at that.

I have no more say in who leads the Tory party than I do in who is EU President. I voted for Swinson to lead the LD's, but I can't make her PM on my own.

Back