• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I think it is disgusting.

I do understand why people would say there is no mandate for no deal brexit, it was of course not specifically voted for. BUT it is a form of Brexit, without question. So there is some mandate, at least.

Leaving us in vassalage or indeed revoking A50 altogether have no mandate at all.

And yet, Corbyn and co have taken it upon themselves to force that as the most likely of outcomes. WITH NO MANDATE WHATSOEVER. He has also refused the opportunity to earn that mandate (and the majority to carry it though).

This is basically a coup.

And somehow the sitting government are painted as the bad guys. Its ridiculous.

Whereas you would put people out of work? All the car workers. Disrupt food supplies, medicine? Damage our currency even further? This is an issue of pragmatism. No one voted for worse. To knowingly deliver wrose for the UK is madness.

Last edited:
I'm still interested in this:

• The UK tax payer - most of us I guess - are paying taxes towards government debt interest payments of £40b per year. That is not paying off the debt, just interest. Is this correct?
  • Obviously the UKs net contribution to the EU is under 9b. Was 8.6b in 2016.
  • The Brexit vote was clearly associated with drops in growth in the economy and investment. Which directly translates into less revenue for the government. Had there been no Brexit we would have had less debt now.
Meanwhile Brexit is doing damage to our economy. Slowly but surely the negative effects are happening: City has been in recession since 2017, Office for National Statistics says
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...office-for-national-statistics-says-f7l5x0zbf

The figures above illustrate the false economy of Brexit. Paying out 8.6b is well worth it. What we lose economically out of the EU would be massively more. Do those that back Brexit, back a poorer UK with less money for services? That is the harsh reality when all this brick settles.

Last edited:
Whereas you would put people out of work? All the car workers. Disrupt food supplies, medice? Damage our currency even further? This is an issue of pragmatism. No one voted for worse. To knowing deliver wrose for the UK is madness.

absolutely!
It's just the same 50-year-old tory crusade, nothing more! And as I said early in the thread it tearing them apart.
So there is a bright side!

Back