• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Political Issues

I have to agree on inheritance tax, really is sickening that what people work for all their life and then pass on to their loved ones is just stolen away in tax. Thousands upon thousands having to sell their family home they they grew up in etc to pay the tax.

Its not even a small notional figure, 40% is ridiculous.

The Tories were supposed to increase the threshold to ?ú1m as in their manifesto but they ditched the plan. Hopefully they will win next time outright and then it will certainly be pushed though.

cameron sold us down the river again when it comes to europe, as if we would ever sue them and get anything back, veto my fucing arse.

What is all of this I am reading about rising tensions in the Falklands? How do you guys feel about it?

The argies had been quiet about the falklands then recently oil was discovered in its waters and they started to kick off again.

The people of the falklands have free and legal elections and wish to remain part of great britain, which is all that should matter.

The new one or the one from Pirates of the Caribbean? :-k

The new one

The Daring class are often considered the most powerful air-defence warships in the world.

The ship's capabilities centre on the SAMPSON Multi Function Radar which can detect hundreds of targets out to a distance of 400 km (250 mi) and the Sea Viper missile system. In addition Daring's S1850M 3D air surveillance radar is capable of detecting 1,000 targets up to 400 km (250 mi). It is also capable of detecting outer atmosphere objects such as ballistic missiles. As at June 2010, these defences are not yet available, due to problems with the Aster missiles.

Weapons and systems
Anti-air (Sea Viper)
Sea Viper missile system.
1x SAMPSON multi-function air tracking radar - range of 400 kilometres (250 mi).
1x S1850M 3D air surveillance radar - range of 400 kilometres (250 mi). Capable of tracking up to 1,000 targets, including outer atmosphere objects such as ballistic missiles.
48 x Aster 15 and 30 missiles in a 48 cell SYLVER A50 vertical launcher. Missiles as follows;
Aster 15 - Short to medium range anti-air missile - range of 2 – 30 km.
Aster 30 - Long range anti-air missile. Also anti-ballistic missile capable - range of 3 – 120 km.

Anti-ship
4 x Sea Skua anti-ship missiles. On the embarked Lynx HMA 8 helicopter.
1 x 4.5 inch Mark 8 naval gun has an anti-ship role.
8 x RGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missile. The Type 45 has the provision for a pair of quadruple launchers but there are currently no plans to fit this system.[26]

Guns
1 x BAE Systems 4.5 inch Mk 8 mod 1 gun.
2 x Oerlikon 30 mm KCB guns on single DS-30B mounts.
2 x Miniguns and up to 6 x General Purpose Machine Guns[27]
2 x Phalanx 20 mm close-in weapons systems.[28]

whilst i was away i met a fair few Argentinians - they are fudging obsessed with the Falklands - pretty much everyone that i met bought it up at some point and all were quite passionate about it.

Seems like a bricky place to fight over, but who am I to comment? My country fights over bricky swaths of land on the regular.

Seems like a bricky place to fight over, but who am I to comment? My country fights over bricky swaths of land on the regular.

It is because of where it is that the british want to keep it as a base, same with girbaltar and that is the only reason aside from our money that the euorpeans want us in the EU because of our naval bases, just like the was no chance cameron giving into the financial tax on the city the is no chance of us giving up any island with a navy base on it. Britain is crap and brick and has so much wrong with it and we do stupid things that cost us money like the EU membership but we are not so stupid as to give away our naval bases.

Blair apparently wanted to sell them off but that should tell you everything you need to know about him.

It is because of where it is that the british want to keep it as a base, same with girbaltar and that is the only reason aside from our money that the euorpeans want us in the EU because of our naval bases, just like the was no chance cameron giving into the financial tax on the city the is no chance of us giving up any island with a navy base on it. Britain is crap and brick and has so much wrong with it and we do stupid things that cost us money like the EU membership but we are not so stupid as to give away our naval bases.

Blair apparently wanted to sell them off but that should tell you everything you need to know about him.
What's the purpose of British naval bases when the US Navy exists?

Hundreds of years?

The Falklands were British before Argentina even existed, they can fudge off, especially that plastic clam of a president of theirs.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1456817

A good thread on SCC that debates the points between Britain and Argentina.

The inhabitants of the Falklands are BRITISH and want to be BRITISH, end of discussion.

The British navy is a blue water navy and we want to maintain independent capability to project force without the need for the US.

Bottom line Yankie, if you get loud we'll blow you to high heaven, the fact that you can repay the favour many times over means we'll be sure to stay best of friends for the foreseeable!! :)

Hundreds of years?

The Falklands were British before Argentina even existed, they can fudge off, especially that plastic clam of a president of theirs.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1456817

A good thread on SCC that debates the points between Britain and Argentina.

The inhabitants of the Falklands are BRITISH and want to be BRITISH, end of discussion.

The British navy is a blue water navy and we want to maintain independent capability to project force without the need for the US.

Bottom line Yankie, if you get loud we'll blow you to high heaven, the fact the can repay the favour many times over means we'll be sure to stay best of friends for the foreseeable!! :)
No no, you misunderstood. I didn't say you guys were fudging up the world for hundreds of years as a reference to the Falklands. I don't give two fudges about the Falklands. Not one fudge either, actually.

And I was being facetious about the British Navy. It'll be good to have you guys along side us in the North Atlantic when Ze Germans act out again.

Back