• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paxton noise (AKA the oxymoron thread)

I have had a season ticket for about 12 years now, Haven't been to many games this season and half way through last i decided not to go anymore.

I think the atmosphere is poor as people have come to the realisation that we will never be a top team. We sold our best player (Bale) who provided the fans with lots of excitement and hope. I think the "Hope" factor as dwindled, that's why the fans have sort of given up.

Will we win anything?? doubtful
will we finish top 4? doubtful
Is it exciting to watch Spurs? No
Have we got any exciting players? arguably No

That's why sometimes during a Europa game where new fans get the opportunity to come do we sometimes see singing etc. New fans that dont go to the Lane often have a bit of excitement.

For me anyway, my passion for Spurs has gone. I still watch every game and go to the occasional game but until we get a sugar daddy i cant see us doing anything anytime soon.

You can probably tell im a very negative person :)

But we're recruiting a lot of our young players and have a lot more potentially coming trough. Isn't that exiting in itself and requires as much support as we can muster?

Completely agree but I do take exception to people who moan and groan as it affects my enjoyment of the game and actually in my mind makes it harder for my team to do well. Perhaps we should have an area for the moaners behind screen glass so that the players cannot hear! ;)

We do, they're called corporate boxes

I like the look of the new corporate boxes in the west stand with seats outside they have done 2 so far with more being sorted it seems

I like the look of the new corporate boxes in the west stand with seats outside they have done 2 so far with more being sorted it seems

Really? I haven't been to the lane this season so wouldn't know but seems strange to make the changes when we'll be leaving soon

If people want to sing fine, if people want to moan fine, but, watch your language around children and don't get uppity at those of us who just want to sit and analyse a game of football, that's what I'm paying for. It's just a couple of hours of entertainment, we don't all have to take it so seriously.

I'm also a big fan of the 1882 movement as it groups all that tribal stuff together, like minded people having a good time, in a pre determined area I can stay away from.
Have to say I'm with you on this one. (Although re the language that's a bit more tricky - having been to more than a few games now if my son hasn't heard it at school he's heard it at WHL).

While I don't mind people who want to sing, or indeed moan (to themselves quietly), some enthusiastic people are blessed with exceptionally loud voices, which when directed at my ear, can be a bit disconcerting after a relentless 90 minutes. The good thing is that, unless you have season ticket, you can choose where you sit in the knowledge that some areas are usually/generally quieter than others. With the occasional exception - Eg El Guepardo :).

The thing I dislike the most is constant negative expletive laden shouting at specific players on our side.

Does anyone think that constantly shouting and calling player a clown shoe or tosser or useless is going to improve their performance. I must try that on my kid next time he mucks up his homework, see how well that goes. Don't forget a lot of these players are just kids (very rich kids) but kids nevertheless.

Last edited:
Back