• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paxton noise (AKA the oxymoron thread)

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Now, I know that the Paxton stand is the family stand, but I'm always disappointed by the lack of noise and atmosphere in the stand. Whilst I'm not disputing the support from fans who sit in the stand, it would be great if the support were to be more vocal.

I was sat in the Lower North Endline 19 | 1 ticket
Row 24 | Seat 86 against Crystal Palace, people will have no doubt heard me singing. I shouted Hugo every time that he got the ball, or made a save. As I explained elsewhere, in the absence of a Hugo song, I wanted to cheer his name regularly to recognise his contribution.

I also led shouts of Come on You Spurs that must have been loud enough that the other stands heard, as the noise came back from the other stands as soon as I shouted.

Now, I'm not singing my praises, more just trying to lead the way for us to continue building an excellent atmosphere. I want our players to be surrounded by walls of noise. I want opposition fans to be silenced, as they can't get a word in. I want opposition players to feel anxious due to the support that they know is felt for the home team. I want us to be known as the loudest supporting team about, we want our players to be the best, so let's build a crowd atmosphere that is the best that it can be.

tinkle off that's never going to happen ... our atmosphere has been brick since harry left ... one thing being the entertaining football.

I sit in the Paxton upper, atmos has never been great up there, for some big games sure the Lane gets rocking all over but generally it's not great. I don't really mind tbh, been sitting there for 13 years now, I get my fix of atmos at away games I suppose.

i know that the Paxton has never had history of being a vocal stand but not sure why, other than being a family stand. I think if there were members of the stand who were positively vocal with regularity then it could improve the atmosphere of not only the stand, but the ground.

And not sure if the point was made above about waiting until the football is entertaining, but, why not be supportive vocally the whole time? Sure, some games aren't the best to watch but fudge it, why not give the team more confidence to be expressive, given them more vocal support & get right behind them whatever.

I know that some supporters enjoy supporting & just watching & I know that they support the club just as much as anyone else, but I'd like to think that we can follow the path set by the song 'Everywhere we go it's the Tottenham boys making all the noise' by ensuring that it's true too at home.

Is it that bad to want the stadium to be rocking at all times?

Now, I know that the Paxton stand is the family stand, but I'm always disappointed by the lack of noise and atmosphere in the stand. Whilst I'm not disputing the support from fans who sit in the stand, it would be great if the support were to be more vocal.

I was sat in the Lower North Endline 19 | 1 ticket
Row 24 | Seat 86 against Crystal Palace, people will have no doubt heard me singing. I shouted Hugo every time that he got the ball, or made a save. As I explained elsewhere, in the absence of a Hugo song, I wanted to cheer his name regularly to recognise his contribution.

I also led shouts of Come on You Spurs that must have been loud enough that the other stands heard, as the noise came back from the other stands as soon as I shouted.

Now, I'm not singing my praises, more just trying to lead the way for us to continue building an excellent atmosphere. I want our players to be surrounded by walls of noise. I want opposition fans to be silenced, as they can't get a word in. I want opposition players to feel anxious due to the support that they know is felt for the home team. I want us to be known as the loudest supporting team about, we want our players to be the best, so let's build a crowd atmosphere that is the best that it can be.

@Danishfurniturelover would not have been happy if he had been sitting near you

I remember the Paxton being fantastic up until about 93. Virtually the last terracing in thr ground, when most of it had converted to seats. Loads of singing, surging, and inevitable giant Spurs banner thing being draped over your head and eclipsing about 100 people in one go lol.
Then the Yid-i-o chants and surge on the way out whilst trying to avoid getting crushed against the walls.

I sit in the North Upper and people actually look at you funny if you start a song when a goal hasn't just been scored.

I sit in the North Upper and people actually look at you funny if you start a song when a goal hasn't just been scored.

Yup. I can't really understand why though. I mean, isn't that part of the point of actually being at the game? To provide vocal support.

I'll wait for the counter argument from someone who wants to tell me that, if you go to watch a play, you don't cheer when the cast get their lines right.

Football is then turned in to pantomime, but given all the villains created by fans & the media, maybe such comparisons aren't as far from the truth as you would think.

Plus, for me, football has always been about turning up, watching the players hopefully win, whilst cheering and singing the team on to victory. As if a chant could suck the ball in to the net.

I'd love it if we could get a rocking atmosphere back at the club & so I'd only encourage like minded individuals sat in Paxton, to give it a good go at setting the place aloud over the forthcoming games. I'm confident that tomorrow's game will have a good atmosphere, so let's take that forward from here.

Sing up for the Tottenham... It's the Tottenham Boys making all the noise...

I started a thread similar to this about 3/4 years ago. I would never sit there it's terrible - any stand where you're asked to watch your language on the back of every seat at a football ground is outrageous.

I sit in the Paxton and the people round me are the worse bunch of supporters I've ever seen, the moaning starts about 20 minutes before kick off, it's always the wrong team selected and when we go a goal down it gets vile, last season I left two games early because I would have got involved in an argument with the macarons which is not good for someone approaching 70. As I've said before we are all entitled to our opinions but I can't understand why these people go to the games if they feel so negatively about the club, manager, team and players.

I started a thread similar to this about 3/4 years ago. I would never sit there it's terrible - any stand where you're asked to watch your language on the back of every seat at a football ground is outrageous.

I agree. Whilst I can understand the principle, I then see kids being brought in to beer gardens pre game & hearing all the songs & wonder how effective this language screening is at games.

Plus, if we're introducing kids to football, surely a good atmosphere will help to make the game more exciting for those who are attending their first games. I know that, when I was a kid..many years ago, that providing the singing wasn't too hostile or abusive, that I'd have preferred the atmosphere to watching quietly.

I'll sit in the Paxton in future, some pf the time, I just hope that the atmosphere improves & I'll sing & shout as much as possible.

I sit in the Paxton and the people round me are the worse bunch of supporters I've ever seen, the moaning starts about 20 minutes before kick off, it's always the wrong team selected and when we go a goal down it gets vile, last season I left two games early because I would have got involved in an argument with the macarons which is not good for someone approaching 70. As I've said before we are all entitled to our opinions but I can't understand why these people go to the games if they feel so negatively about the club, manager, team and players.

Likewise. I think in unison, the crowd needs to take to the team that plays that day. Ok, we may want other players selected, but we are supporting the club as much as specific players. If you don't like a player, better to stay quiet than air hostile negativity at them. The mindset seems to need a changing, and it's only through a motion that we can move forward. Aim to create positivity amongst the crowd that drowns out the negativity.

What is wrong with applause at the end of the performance like you do at the theatre?

And there's the theatre comparison. Thanks for bringing that to the table. No one claims to support a dramatic society group, we are Tottenham fans. Where is the support in sitting silently on our hands? You are then acting as a passive onlooker, rather than a supporter, if you try to look in to the definitions.

I'm not saying that the inward support is any less, but I think that vocal support ought to be a part of supporting. Support displayed through vocal encouragement in the way of songs & shouts.

I'm sure you think very differently, so all I can present is my view.

And there's the theatre comparison. Thanks for bringing that to the table. No one claims to support a dramatic society group, we are Tottenham fans. Where is the support in sitting silently on our hands? You are then acting as a passive onlooker, rather than a supporter, if you try to look in to the definitions.

I'm not saying that the inward support is any less, but I think that vocal support ought to be a part of supporting. Support displayed through vocal encouragement in the way of songs & shouts.

I'm sure you think very differently, so all I can present is my view.

The loud obnoxious chanting is the sort of thing I expect of people who watch eastenders and shop at Next and Tesco and enjoy reality t.v. We are Tottenham we should be better then all that.

Back