• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

paul clement arrested

You said 'made no effort whatsoever to offer any attack intent' and Ive just given examples of how not true, if you want to change goalposts up to you. My point is that if the best you can offer is two non chances that came to nothing as evidence of attacking intent then you really are scraping the barrel.

End of the day crying about a team that setup to defend and get a point and succeeded is embarrassing, they arent the first team to do so and wont be the last - majority of the time we break such a team down. This time we didnt, and it certainly wasn't Swanseas' fault. Get over it.....
I don't seem to be getting my point across. I have no objection to teams with less resources coming to us with a defensive gameplan but not even being set up to hit us on the break is properly weak!

I don't seem to be getting my point across. I have no objection to teams with less resources coming to us with a defensive gameplan but not even being set up to hit us on the break is properly weak!

they tried to hit us on the break numerous times, they were as effective at making goal scoring opportunities as we were however

My point exactly, I have never had an issue with so called smaller sides coming and playing long ball or counter attacking. I have seen us lose so many of them over the years that why would I have an issue about it. But I have never seen a team play so defensive as Swansea did, it was quite appalling and sad for the game.

we've had these arguments before on a Tony Pulis thread, if swansea go toe to toe with us, they lose 4-1, they had a gameplan executed perfectly by an up and coming young english manager and if we don't have the nous to break them down, more fool us, all we need is to score once and they have to change their gameplan.

they tried to hit us on the break numerous times, they were as effective at making goal scoring opportunities as we were however
Yeah but the reason that these attempts failed is predominantly because they were sat so deep they literally had no outlet to make a break with!

we've had these arguments before on a Tony Pulis thread, if swansea go toe to toe with us, they lose 4-1, they had a gameplan executed perfectly by an up and coming young english manager and if we don't have the nous to break them down, more fool us, all we need is to score once and they have to change their gameplan.
I'm not suggesting that they should have tried to go to to toe with us...gaaaarrrgvcgh!!!!I'm suggesting that they ought to at least show a tiny bot of ambition.

Results like today (so far!!) show how ridiculous this tread is.

Huddersfield didn't park the bus and were 3-0 down inside 30.

The difference, early goal

Results like today (so far!!) show how ridiculous this tread is.

Huddersfield didn't park the bus and were 3-0 down inside 30.

The difference, early goal

They have men behind the ball but counter attack, difference is their goal keeper gifted us a goal and they crumbled. They have been poor defensively and we have an edge.

This thread is perfect and was started by the poster on this website with the most knowledge of football, humble guy to.

My fear is with two weeks to prepare that Eddie Howe will set Bournemouth up with a very tight defence and we will have to send out an arrest warrant on him.

Dont do it Eddie, play football son you know you want to.

My fear is with two weeks to prepare that Eddie Howe will set Bournemouth up with a very tight defence and we will have to send out an arrest warrant on him.

Dont do it Eddie, play football son you know you want to.

Have you started supporting Arsenal, but think they've changed their shirt colours?

It's a modern view, I expect to see an entertaining and exciting game, with some skill along with the effort and tactics, I want to see my team win but would not continue to go to matches if we had to adopt such methods. The game now is not about winning it's about not losing an attitude I've never played any game with.

Have you started supporting Arsenal, but think they've changed their shirt colours?

No I have spent my entire life supporting, started because they were my local team and my father who was also a fan took me to watch them when I was little. I grew up on the whole "we will go out and try and beat the other lot not wait for them to die of boredom" and I expect the same in return. I did when we were relegated and perhaps playing for draws would have kept us up.

I have always wanted to see us play proper football and apart from Graham and AVB even when we have been crap we still tried to play football. I think that is what is beautiful about the beautiful game.

I will not be back till very late Saturday night so will probably not post then but sometime Sunday evening.

Now here is the important bit and like the sun newspaper just for fun and because my audience is thick i shall do it in bold:: If Bournemouth attack us and try and win the game, they can beat us, and if they do I will applaud them for doing so. I will find fault with Tottenham and where we could have played better(the whole point of a forum) But I will say any time that tries to play the game and then beats us deserves it.

I even begrudgingly had to hand credit to Arsenal when they were winning and winning in style in the mid noughties. Nothing wrong in wanting to see football played as it should be. If you wish to think you are some sort of uber football fan because you do not mind a team setting up not to play football or you wish to try and discredit another fellow fan by suggesting they support a rival team because they express a wish to see the game played in an attractive manner, go ahead I dont give a fudge.

;)

Ok my last post in this thread ever. Howe set Bournemouth to try and win and frankly we were there for the taking and with a bit more luck they could have easily got something from the game. I have always admired Howe for trying to play football the right way and they played their part in a game where they were going for 3 points and could have had them, better then going for one point.

Well done Howe your team was the better one first half because you wanted to play proper football.

Back