• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

paul clement arrested

lol it's a joke people trying to claim it's not football. Who do we think we are?! Defending well as a unit isn't football now?! It's down to us to break them down, what were they meant to do just come out all guns blazing and bend over for us? They should have stole something on the break a couple of times and Sanchez should have easily been sent off. Some are just showing themselves up not being able to handle a poor result, they did a job on us and fair play to them....

lol it's a joke people trying to claim it's not football. Who do we think we are?! Defending well as a unit isn't football now?! It's down to us to break them down, what were they meant to do just come out all guns blazing and bend over for us? They should have stole something on the break a couple of times and Sanchez should have easily been sent off. Some are just showing themselves up not being able to handle a poor result, they did a job on us and fair play to them....

'Blame everybody but their team' philosophy, nah not for me

90% of the time when we do not get a result I blame our players or manager. When AVB set us up like that i hated it.

Burnley drew with us and i was not bothered, but Swansea made no attempt to play football.

90% of the time when we do not get a result I blame our players or manager. When AVB set us up like that i hated it.

Burnley drew with us and i was not bothered, but Swansea made no attempt to play football.

Rubbish, played like a team coming to a top 4 side would.

We score early and its not an issue.

Something we still have not found a fix for is breaking these sides down, its been 3 seasons now and there are really no more excuses.

teams have been doing that against us for years, wembley, the lane, and on their own grounds

credit to them

Last edited:
76 attempts over 3 Wembley league games, we have scored 2 goals, one of them an own goal

We are the issue here not a manager setting up to nulify us

A lot of those shots yesterday were because they had a team of polish builders building a wall around there penalty area.

What ever you think the problem is, it is going to be a long season which to be frank i would rather save the money for next year when teams might come and give us a game.

Swansea could have won yesterday if they put in a bit of effort, our new defender is a bit iffy so far.

Something we still have not found a fix for is breaking these sides down, its been 3 seasons now and there are really no more excuses.

We have found it, it just takes us awhile to get our attack going. In 10 of our first 15 league games last season, we scored 1 goal or less. We scored 2 goals or more in 18 out of the next 23 league games. It will come.

76 attempts over 3 Wembley league games, we have scored 2 goals, one of them an own goal

We are the issue here not a manager setting up to nulify us

Bingo, i do not like what Swansea set out to do but its part of football and no matter what anyone says its takes a lot of hard work on the training pitch to enable teams to play that way.

We could have won all those three games IF we had been more clinical in front of goal ( its nothing new as we have done the same last season has well). Its all right saying how the likes of Kane, Ali, Son are great players ( and they are) but we fail to take a lot of chances and its a thing we HAVE to sort out, otherwise the likes of Burnley and Swansea will escape a big defeat which was what would have happened ( despite the way they were set up ) if we had finished better.

But we must have done it last year.

We won 17 of 19 at home.

Something we still have not found a fix for is breaking these sides down.

How can you say such nonsense? Clearly the way to break these teams down is to play 6 defenders, with Trippier on the left side. It was STUNNING yesterday. Really stunning. I'm stunned.

There's defending well as a unit and there's making no effort whatsoever to offer any attacking threat at all. Frequently throughout the match they had no outlet once they won the ball because all 11 players were so deep I side their first half. I can understand playing to your strengths/ weaknesses but even classic "small" teams such as Wimbledon used to provide some attacking threat.

Swansea offered nothing in that department and their performance was embarresing imo!

Tottenham vs Swansea
Possession
Home75% Away25%
Shots
Home26 Away4
Shots on Target
Home8 Away0
Corners
Home11 Away1

Attachments

• 200w.gif
    200w.gif
    753.3 KB · Views: 7
There's defending well as a unit and there's making no effort whatsoever to offer any attacking threat at all. Frequently throughout the match they had no outlet once they won the ball because all 11 players were so deep I side their first half. I can understand playing to your strengths/ weaknesses but even classic "small" teams such as Wimbledon used to provide some attacking threat.

Swansea offered nothing in that department and their performance was embarresing imo!
Thats weird, I remember Sissoko making a crucial tackle otherwise Swansea player had massive opportunity to score,and Abraham about to run through onto goal only for Sanchez to foul him and lucky ref/linesman didnt recognise otherwise Sanchez would have been sent off. You are sounding like Arsenal fans who used to whinge about teams who would set up defensively.Its part of football, weve broken down these types of teams before and when we dont you have to look at our attacking play,not whinge about the other team - its embarrassing.....

Reactions: DTA
Perhaps look at our manager and players they blag the big bucks and plead for new contracts and the like and look at our chairman for nor spending more on a bigger squad giving us a few more options to break down oppositions like this.
Swansea played no different to any other sides that be near the bottom through out the season and you got remember we spanked them 5 nil last season. It's survival down there for most of the sides.

When we go to Madrid we be the Swansea most probably for most of the game and playing on the break and such.

Thats weird, I remember Sissoko making a crucial tackle otherwise Swansea player had massive opportunity to score,and Abraham about to run through onto goal only for Sanchez to foul him and lucky ref/linesman didnt recognise otherwise Sanchez would have been sent off. You are sounding like Arsenal fans who used to whinge about teams who would set up defensively.Its part of football, weve broken down these types of teams before and when we dont you have to look at our attacking play,not whinge about the other team - its embarrassing.....
Talk about scraping the barrel....you're talking about two instances in which they nearly had a chance to have a shot on goal, but in the end didn't, as evidence of their attacking intent.....please.

Like I said Wimbledon or more recently Bolton under fat Sam were at least capable of scoring a goal on the break....swansea never even came close....

Talk about scraping the barrel....you're talking about two instances in which they nearly had a chance to have a shot on goal, but in the end didn't, as evidence of their attacking intent.....please.

Like I said Wimbledon or more recently Bolton under fat Sam were at least capable of scoring a goal on the break....swansea never even came close....
You said 'made no effort whatsoever to offer any attack intent' and Ive just given examples of how not true, if you want to change goalposts up to you.

End of the day crying about a team that setup to defend and get a point and succeeded is embarrassing, they arent the first team to do so and wont be the last - majority of the time we break such a team down. This time we didnt, and it certainly wasn't Swanseas' fault. Get over it.....

Back