• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham vs Wolves ***

Is it a big worry? We've played three, won two, and battle to a draw at one of our immediate rivals away from home - Kane who is usually a no show in August has scored twice and our overall team performances have been sub par barring the opening day.

To me that's bloody marvellous cos it means when we start motoring we're going to steamroller teams.
We’ve also been worthy of the wins v Southampton and Wolves even though we didn’t play particularly well either time. Chelsea away was a point well and truly stolen though!

Is it a big worry? We've played three, won two, and battle to a draw at one of our immediate rivals away from home - Kane who is usually a no show in August has scored twice and our overall team performances have been sub par barring the opening day.

To me that's bloody marvellous cos it means when we start motoring we're going to steamroller teams.
I agree
It’s bloody great to be better off like for like knowing we can be much better

We’ve also been worthy of the wins v Southampton and Wolves even though we didn’t play particularly well either time. Chelsea away was a point well and truly stolen though!
Although if Reece James had been sent off for 2 clear identical yellows the game could have been very different

I agree
It’s bloody great to be better off like for like knowing we can be much better

think how we felt last season at this point - Nuno grimacing his way around the club, saying that everyone hated everyone else, and despite being top we were creating virtually no chances per game....

amazing how quickly things change.

Its only a slight worry for me, the lack of fluidity but like your last sentence I hope to see us kick on soon

I’m not a huge fan of the lad because he’s very limited on the ball but he’s been arguably our best and most consistent performer in the three games so far. He’s had three very solid performances.
Everyone would have wanted Royal to Marcelo quality going forward, especially Conte. But he isn't. But I think Conte likes his solidity and defensive capabilities, and the fact that he very often occopies the right spaces. He won't curl in a perfect hard cross right on the planet of Kane, but he's often in a position where he can pass it to Kulu to do it. That kind of makes up for it.

I wanted more, we’ve already dropped two points as far as I’m concerned.

Everyone would have wanted Royal to Marcelo quality going forward, especially Conte. But he isn't. But I think Conte likes his solidity and defensive capabilities, and the fact that he very often occopies the right spaces. He won't curl in a perfect hard cross right on the planet of Kane, but he's often in a position where he can pass it to Kulu to do it. That kind of makes up for it.

I love Marcelo, one of the greats, but he wasn’t as good as Royal defensively imo.

I’m not a huge fan of the lad because he’s very limited on the ball but he’s been arguably our best and most consistent performer in the three games so far. He’s had three very solid performances.

What Royal has done is improve in defense, he is actually really solid, also he is very good in the air and as good awareness to drop in. Seen a few great headers in danger areas in last few games. BUT he is still very indecisive going forward. I would rather he took an early cross more than not, he seems to get in areas still but dawdles

think how we felt last season at this point - Nuno grimacing his way around the club, saying that everyone hated everyone else, and despite being top we were creating virtually no chances per game....

amazing how quickly things change.

this time last year we were on for the perfect season, 38 1-0 wins

also, everyone did hate everyone else because a certain player was being a clam, I wouldn’t swap Nuno for Conte, and I’d much rather have kept Jose before that, but Nuno was as much a victim of the situation as we were, he has my thanks and respect for actually showing up through that dark period

Last edited:
What Royal has done is improve in defense, he is actually really solid, also he is very good in the air and as good awareness to drop in. Seen a few great headers in danger areas in last few games. BUT he is still very indecisive going forward. I would rather he took an early cross more than not, he seems to get in areas still but dawdles

I think that’s fair, I agree, if it was the other way around we’d have huge problems.

And I keep banging on about it, but his engine is immense, he’s often the most forward player on the pitch, then the deepest 15 seconds later.

Well, we can only better the results from last year were we didn't win, right?

No, we can better the performances too, we can put a whole game together, we can turn up from the first minute and get games won early so we can coast after half time and save energy for the next game.

The points are great, but I’d probably feel better if we had fewer yet had dominated all three games.

We’ve got the best squad and the best manager in the league, we’ve got the best player on the planet, it should be easier for them and less stressful for us.

No, we can better the performances too, we can put a whole game together, we can turn up from the first minute and get games won early so we can coast after half time and save energy for the next game.

The points are great, but I’d probably feel better if we had fewer yet had dominated all three games.

We’ve got the best squad and the best manager in the league, we’ve got the best player on the planet, it should be easier for them and less stressful for us.
I did say results, didn't I? And as far as I'm concerned, that's what matters. We played the best football in the league by some distance under Harry, and at times under Poch. Won us fudge all.

I did say results, didn't I? And as far as I'm concerned, that's what matters. We played the best football in the league by some distance under Harry, and at times under Poch. Won us fudge all.

Exactly, we need to put it all together, if it’s not perfect it’s not good enough.

Back