• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

The selection today and sunday is a nightmare, and Poch is gonna be either a macaron or a genius depending on the results. I say we just support the team regardless of the team selection, and don't be hindsight know it all's!

Thats how he described it in an interview and its understandable, I'll support the team regardless and if we scrape past Fiorentina with the tea lady up front, I'll be so happy to be wrong.

B-yIgbWWwAAXhfy.jpg

Bit of a brickhole TBH.

Lloris; Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Stambouli; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Soldado.

subs: Vorm, Rose, Walker, Mason, Paulinho, Townsend, Kane

Yet we are still more than 8 times as likely to win silverware on Sunday as we are via the ITV4 Cup (just check with the bookies, they'll tell you).

That's because we are behind in the tie. Our odds were way down before the game.

And to anyone looking to tune into itv4 in an hour we are on bt sport 2.

I feel like Poch has picked close to full strength teams for this game and our last two, but left out one or two vital ingredients in every one of them. It was almost good enough against Fiorentina at home, almost good enough against West Ham at home, will it be almost good enough again today?

Maybe it would have been better to have gone all in in a couple of the games, rather than distrubuting his credits evenly.

Happy with no Townsend to fudge up our attacks. Not sure if Dier is rested for final, hope not.

I don't trust Chiriches.
At least its a strong team otherwise.

Fiorentina have gone 433 same as they were second half last week.

Lloris; Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Stambouli; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Soldado.

subs: Vorm, Rose, Walker, Mason, Paulinho, Townsend, Kane

Quite like that team. Obviously strong. Bentaleb and Eriksen the two I thought maybe would be rested in addition to Mason and Kane I suppose.

Lots of quality in that team, hope we get at Fiorentina early.

That's because we are behind in the tie. Our odds were way down before the game.

And to anyone looking to tune into itv4 in an hour we are on bt sport 2.

Down how far? Winning the LC would still have been much more likely...

I feel like Poch has picked close to full strength teams for this game and our last two, but left out one or two vital ingredients in every one of them. It was almost good enough against Fiorentina at home, almost good enough against West Ham at home, will it be almost good enough again today?

Maybe it would have been better to have gone all in in a couple of the games, rather than distrubuting his credits evenly.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing?

Had Poch focused only on one game/competition and we ended up not getting the results we wanted people would be just as hindsight happy to point out how that was wrong. And sometimes we do fail to get the results we want with our strongest team too...

Solid team again today. I think Poch is doing a good job balancing the squad in a tough period.

Rather pleased with that line up, quite strong with only 4 100% definite starters for Sunday (Hugo, Verts, Bentaleb, Eriksen)

I don't trust Chiriches.
At least its a strong team otherwise.

Fiorentina have gone 433 same as they were second half last week.

Think Chiriches looks strong at RB and gives us another option with how comfortable he is on the ball.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing?

Had Poch focused only on one game/competition and we ended up not getting the results we wanted people would be just as hindsight happy to point out how that was wrong. And sometimes we do fail to get the results we want with our strongest team too...

Solid team again today. I think Poch is doing a good job balancing the squad in a tough period.
The balancing looks good, but Verts has featured in every lineup. Not sure how this will affect him. Do you think his position is such that he can handle multiple games?

The balancing looks good, but Verts has featured in every lineup. Not sure how this will affect him. Do you think his position is such that he can handle multiple games?

Central defenders should be the players that should cope with may games the best (after goalkeepers). And Vertonghen is experienced enough that I think he should cope very well.

A bit more worried about Bentaleb, will be his 4th start if he starts on Sunday and he played 90 minutes at home vs Fiorentina and against West Ham. More holding out of the midfield deep duo is probably another role that requires a bit less running, but he's still very young and inexperienced. Fantastic learning opportunity for him and he's just been so fudging good when he's been on form (most games) that I get why Poch wants him out there every game. Seems very fit physically too, getting reset mentally before Sunday might be the real challenge thinking about it a bit more.

Think Chiriches looks strong at RB and gives us another option with how comfortable he is on the ball.

Agreed. Seems the obvious choice. And Walker was looking a bit tired against West Ham. Asking him to play 90 minutes Thursday-Sunday-Thursday-Sunday and be at his best for that last Sunday game would be a huge ask. Especially remembering his playing style and the fact that he was out injured for so long and didn't have a proper pre-season.

Vlad played several good games at right back before Walker returned, hopefully he'll put in another good shift today.

the front 4 are too lazy which will leave bentaleb and stambouli overrun

Chadli can be a bit reluctant to track back or close a man down but I do not think that you can say the same about Soldado, Eriksen or Lamela under Poch.

Not too unhappy with that team

Our strongest side with just resting the 3 players who need it most - Walker, Mason and Kane.

Back