• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project***

Hudd would have looked just as poor as everyone else in the 1st half as he wouldn't have been given time on the ball by the City players.

Bang on. He was able to do what he did because he was at the base of a 433 with Demebele and Holtby pressing and closing down.
He was able to do what he did against Everton and Basle because they were sitting seep protecting a lead and he had the space.

shout out to defoe and holtby and a BIG shoutout to big thudd. he changed the game for us today, not for the 1st time either.

never wanna see ade play for us again. ever

I wonder how many people will put this down to this being city's 3rd game in 8 days where as we had a 10 day break.

I was wondering after they scored so early why they didn't go for the jugular . It were like they thought they could win the game without getting out of first gear .

They clearly weren't up for it and I think, Zabelleta's, in fact their players response to the Benny challenge told us this.

Ade ran his socks off. More marathon runner than goal scorer. Not an easy role against the best defense in the league.

He is low on confidence. He can still be a good player.

Our attacking passing - final pass is woeful.

Apart from that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great cross! X

YOU have GOT to BE KIDDING!!! :ross:

Give Holtby some credit too.
It was the 433 that changed everything.
We suddenly had possession and Huddlestone had the space to do his work.

This.

Going to the 4-3-3 gave Hudd more space to work, and opened up what was a terribly congested middle of the park. Our defense had more options to pass to out of the back, we had a link between defense and attack, and we stopped ripping hoof balls up-field like we had Crouch up front.

Holtby was phenomenal in providing pressure to their forward most players and caused a lot of lumped passes which led to recycled possession. And everybody's talking about Hudd's passing, but Holtby's perfectly weighted pass to Defoe for our 2nd was brilliant.

The difference in play after the substitutions was astounding.

shout out to defoe and holtby and a BIG shoutout to big thudd. he changed the game for us today, not for the 1st time either.

never wanna see ade play for us again. ever

In a thread full of pathetic comments (from the first half) this is the best comment out of the whole thread. It sickens me and made be depressed seeing him 'play' for us this season. Its a bit depressing. Meh maybe more appropriate.

Holtby is a little terrier isn't he? :D He actually keeps his passing quite tidy too, not just an engine. Keep in mind he's still a kid too!

Holtby changed the game for me. He found some great spaces today, and his positioning (behind Defoe but ahead of Hudd) forced the compact City defense to stretch out to cover, which gave Hudd all the time in the world to play his fantastic little passes.

So, so happy. Today was a make or break game, like the Danny Rose game in 09-10. The confidence we will take from this will be massive, with Bale and Defoe both ending their recent droughts, BAE putting in a dependable performance at last, and Hudd showing that we do have an extremely potent option to unlock defences when the first eleven can't, which are all things that will stand us in good stead heading into the final five games.

It is on again. And, as an addendum, there are few things more satisfying than beating the profligate oilers.

Now, time to take the positives from this game and focus on the next one. Home straight, lads. Focus, and believe.

I am declaring myself most pleased.

We need to smash Wigan next week. I don't want the games against Stoke, Southampton and Sunderland to mean anything to those clubs.

COYS and thanks for today.

Hopefully, with Lennon, Bale and Defoe all having gotten enforced breaks and players on the bench like Hudd and Holtby performing well, it will give us the boost we need.

YOU have GOT to BE KIDDING!!! :ross:

Didn't say I thought he played well. Check back to see how critical of Ade I was - he never showed or moved for the ball in attack.

When city were fresh their defense were excellent and it's a tough job playing on your own up front against them. Just trying to balance out all of the 'hope he never plays for us again' brick.

Back