• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Watford***

C1GG3qpXEAEudmQ.jpg:large

C1GQ7umWgAAri4i.jpg

And arsenal should have 5 less points after the disgraceful referee decisions in stoppage time against Leicester and Soton and also the unprecedented levels of cheating in the last few seconds against Burnley.

Really enjoyed this win. We were comfortable from start to finish. But was really annoyed about the late goal we conceded. Wish we had won 3-0 instead of 4-1. That late goal we conceded shows we still have the bad habit of getting complacent when we are winning. Annoying to note that it was Kaboul's first goal for Watford ! We really should stop letting our ex players and those in bad form to score against us !

It was great to see Kane and Alli scoring 2 goals each. All were well taken goals ! Both looked sharp in front of goal, especially Kane. Kane has now scored 10 league goals this season and 59 goals in his last 100 league matches for us. Hope he will go on a long goal scoring run. Too bad we didn't score more goals. After scoring our 4th goal so early in the second half, thought we would score another 2 or 3 more goals. Instead, we got complacent and didn't look like scoring after that. Wish Janssen had managed to score as well.

Our midfield did well to outplay Watford. Watford were poor but our midfield did their part well. But disappointed Eriksen and Son did help us get more goals. Also thought it was too risky not to replace Wanyama who was 1 yellow card away from being suspended. Felt Sissoko should have come on for Alli instead of Winks. It was harsh on Sissoko not to play a part as he had been in good form lately.

Our defence almost had a perfect match. That late goal conceded was a black mark on the defence though. Due to that, we have not kept a clean sheet in 3 matches now. It shows we have to be more alert even if we are winning comfortably. Credit to Trippier for assisting 2 goals with inch perfect pass. Trippier has always been one of our best passer of the ball but too bad he is not very convincing in defence ! Great to see Alderweireld coming back but he seemed rusty a few times.

Good to see us winning 4 league matches in a row. This has helped us move above ManCity into 4th place in the league. Hopefully this win will boost our confidence when we play Chelsea next.

Really enjoyed this win. We were comfortable from start to finish. But was really annoyed about the late goal we conceded. Wish we had won 3-0 instead of 4-1. That late goal we conceded shows we still have the bad habit of getting complacent when we are winning. Annoying to note that it was Kaboul's first goal for Watford ! We really should stop letting our ex players and those in bad form to score against us !

It was great to see Kane and Alli scoring 2 goals each. All were well taken goals ! Both looked sharp in front of goal, especially Kane. Kane has now scored 10 league goals this season and 59 goals in his last 100 league matches for us. Hope he will go on a long goal scoring run. Too bad we didn't score more goals. After scoring our 4th goal so early in the second half, thought we would score another 2 or 3 more goals. Instead, we got complacent and didn't look like scoring after that. Wish Janssen had managed to score as well.

Our midfield did well to outplay Watford. Watford were poor but our midfield did their part well. But disappointed Eriksen and Son did help us get more goals. Also thought it was too risky not to replace Wanyama who was 1 yellow card away from being suspended. Felt Sissoko should have come on for Alli instead of Winks. It was harsh on Sissoko not to play a part as he had been in good form lately.

Our defence almost had a perfect match. That late goal conceded was a black mark on the defence though. Due to that, we have not kept a clean sheet in 3 matches now. It shows we have to be more alert even if we are winning comfortably. Credit to Trippier for assisting 2 goals with inch perfect pass. Trippier has always been one of our best passer of the ball but too bad he is not very convincing in defence ! Great to see Alderweireld coming back but he seemed rusty a few times.

Good to see us winning 4 league matches in a row. This has helped us move above ManCity into 4th place in the league. Hopefully this win will boost our confidence when we play Chelsea next.

A few comments against your post

I think the players stepped off the gas and started saving themselves for the next game against much harder opponents who have an extra days rest

I also think sissoko is being saved for that game and winks is a player who helps us see games out with his very good passsing so although I'd have preferred son off for an attacking like for like I get what Poch did

I too am dissappinted we conceded but it didn't make a difference in the context of the game and came via a poorly managed free kick. It wasn't switching off for me, more a case of conceding yet another set piece goal

I was annoyed with the way we handled that FK and the ensuing pinball, I was more annoyed by the panic that set in afterwards, we were a shambles and they could have easily scored a second in IT

Excellent game from us overall, though I suppose it could be argued it was partly down to Watford being rubbish.

Great to get into a winning habit.

Conceding from another set piece is disappointing, that's 9 goals from them now. We can't blame it all on Toby's injury.

I wonder if we'll see a tactical yellow from Wanyana on Wednesday if he's one away from a suspension, given the type of game it will be he'll likely get booked anyway.

Conceding from another set piece is disappointing, that's 9 goals from them now. We can't blame it all on Toby's injury.

I wonder if we'll see a tactical yellow from Wanyana on Wednesday if he's one away from a suspension, given the type of game it will be he'll likely get booked anyway.

The suspensions now are for 10 yellows

I think we'd succeptible from set Pieces as it's the only way some teams can score vs us

Such a spurs Fan thing to say. But yes I feel the same. At Half time i was worried they might come out and fight and 3-0 become 3-2 pretty quick. Im suppose im scarred from the Emirates Marketing Project Cup game and the Man Utd league game from being 3-0 up on both occasions. But this Team has more about them.
I was at Geneva airport queueing for security when we got the first. By the time I got my phone back off the belt it was 2-0. As we walked to the gate it was 3-0. As I boarded the plane it was 4-0. Happy days, I could relax on the flight without being able to check scores. Yet still I had that slight concern you mention above!

I know Watford were really poor but i really enjoyed some of our team play yesterday, the way the team are playing at the moment ( i do not really do this often) i do believe we can beat Chelski next.

Kane had his best game of the season ( imo), Song was wasteful in front of goal but his running into space and movement was first class. Ali was everywhere and Wanyama had another excellant game.

I know Watford were really poor .

I think we all said this after yesterday. Earlier today i was talking to a Woolwich fan - (warning : oxymoron incoming) a reasonable, sensible Woolwich fan. He described our performance yesterday as "immense". When I agreed, but added the caveat that Watford is were really poor, he was not convinced, seeing it rather that we were so good we made Watford look very bad and they had no chance against us.
The reality is probably somewhere in between, but it made me think that maybe we need to stop looking for 'excuses' (or rather an excusing reason) when we win like we did yesterday and just enjoy what was a very, very good, strong, confident performance.
We need to get used to it.

I think we all said this after yesterday. Earlier today i was talking to a Woolwich fan - (warning : oxymoron incoming) a reasonable, sensible Woolwich fan. He described our performance yesterday as "immense". When I agreed, but added the caveat that Watford is were really poor, he was not convinced, seeing it rather that we were so good we made Watford look very bad and they had no chance against us.
The reality is probably somewhere in between, but it made me think that maybe we need to stop looking for 'excuses' (or rather an excusing reason) when we win like we did yesterday and just enjoy what was a very, very good, strong, confident performance.

Unfortunately a lot of our fans have seen false dawns before and remain pessimistic about our team, I believe we have moved forward and we should be confident of beating any team outside the top 4 and can beat those when we are on form.

They said before the game that Watford are in bad form and have loads of injuries so had to put kids on the bench and didn't have high hopes... then they lost a player in the build up and had to play Ighalo... they really were poor. So lacklustre, they didn't try, they didn't sprint, they didn't close us down or challenge properly. They didn't mark runners.

Back