• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sporting CP ***

Then you have to accept mistakes from officials.
Let's not pretend fans, players and managers didn't bring this on ourselves. The over analysing and scrutiny of every decision and berating officials when they got things wrong, including using it to justify team inadequacies.
You can't have your cake and eat it.

I’m not willing to accept mistakes, it’s not good enough yet, but they have to keep trying.

And Marseille can only go through by winning?

We are fudged especially as we have just two days until bounemouth town and then just two days again until marseille.

Our only hope is to play ultra defence and then nick something on the counter.

The other option we have is to play a second string side at bornemouth town.

Forster
Sanchez, Tanganga, Lenglet
Emerson, Skipp, Bissouma Sarr, Sessegnon
Gil, Lucas

Maybe Kane and Son can come on for the last 20 mins.

Hopefully still be 0-0 at that point.

The other option we have is to play a second string side at bornemouth town.

Forster
Sanchez, Tanganga, Lenglet
Emerson, Skipp, Bissouma Sarr, Sessegnon
Gil, Lucas

Maybe Kane and Son can come on for the last 20 mins.

Hopefully still be 0-0 at that point.

In a million years that’s not happening and if it did, there would be mutiny in the fan base.

The only issue i have with var is that for offsides it doesn't seem like the tech is there to give a comprehensive answer or that it is likely to reach a point that it will - would keep it for goal line tech and allowing refs to see fouls they would have otherwise missed etc

The only issue i have with var is that for offsides it doesn't seem like the tech is there to give a comprehensive answer or that it is likely to reach a point that it will - would keep it for goal line tech and allowing refs to see fouls they would have otherwise missed etc
Goal line tech is a no brainer.

the rest is a mess, like you say the technology just isn’t there for a 100% accurate offside call. It also relies on a human to draw the line and decide at what point they draw the line (which frame to use). Penalty/foul decisions are subjective as well, they will never ever been conclusive for every decision, some literally are 50/50!

Goal line tech is a no brainer.

the rest is a mess, like you say the technology just isn’t there for a 100% accurate offside call. It also relies on a human to draw the line and decide at what point they draw the line (which frame to use). Penalty/foul decisions are subjective as well, they will never ever been conclusive for every decision, some literally are 50/50!

Even with subjective situations I'm all for giving the ref the benefit of seeing replays in order to make the best call possible - needs to be a time limit or whatever but as you/i say the lines with offsides add nothing conclusive

Maybe, maybe not. We’ve seen in the past that throwing a team of players together like that seldom works. If Bournemouth saw that team sheet, they’d be salivating. Conte would never put a team like that on the pitch in the Premier League. Maybe in the League Cup but even then I doubt it.

Well multiple players including Kane and Son will be firmly in the red zone right now with regards a muscular injury occurring.

Make that dark red during b’mouth and the fudging black zone (if that exists) during the marseille game.

Romero and peh already got pulled from the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game cos they were in the red zone.

These players are not machines.

Well multiple players including Kane and Son will be firmly in the red zone right now with regards a muscular injury occurring.

Make that dark red during b’mouth and the fudging black zone (if that exists) during the marseille game.

Romero and peh already got pulled from the Saudi Sportswashing Outfit game cos they were in the red zone.

These players are not machines.

Yeah I think that’s a fair point. If we have Richarlison and Kulu, there’s a better chance of resting Kane and Son. The last few games, Kane has barely moved out of second gear. I wonder if that’s the instruction from management because we know he’ll have to play every game. In the stadium, he gets pelters at times for not charging around but, like you say, he’s not a machine.

What players are being asked to do right now is immoral. It’s even worse when you consider that it’s to facilitate a World Cup in Qatar. Football should be ashamed of itself.

And I don’t care how much they are paid. Sometimes, the players are treated as really well paid slaves.

Surely the fact that it hits the defender means he's onside? The ball changed paths BECAUSE of that touch. Don't give me the nonsense about "not playing at the ball." He's fudging in his own box defending, if he's not playing at it then what the fudge is he doing there. Stupid rule.

VAR Reviews on anything should be allocated 30 seconds if a decision to disallow the goal can’t be made in 30 seconds, then the goal stands.

it’s so fûcking simple.

Andros Townsend. Absolutely spot on with how every football fan feels I would say

"The bottom line for me, whether it's offside or onside is irrelevant. I don't like VAR for this reason. As a football fan, you're killing the raw emotion of the game. You've seen Conte running on the pitch, injured players are running on the pitch.

Harry Kane has gone mad, the fans have gone mad. And then 10 minutes later the goal gets disallowed. This is not what football is about. Football is about raw emotion. Slowly VAR is dragging out the raw emotion of the game we love."

Spot on. The nitpicking centimeters is ruining it. Being 1cm offside gives you no real advantage.

Back