• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sporting CP ***

Marcus is an interview that doesn't really need to happen.

Nice to see Pedro Mendes though, solid pundit, speaks well, completely out of place on BT Sport.

Away from the VAR stuff.

Thought the performance was good. Clearly much better second half than first, but not bad in the first one either.

Should have won that, were the better team. A good change of pace from our recent disappointing results.

Perhaps buy Pedro Porto if we can.

Away from the VAR stuff.

Thought the performance was good. Clearly much better second half than first, but not bad in the first one either.

Should have won that, were the better team. A good change of pace from our recent disappointing results.

Was dissapointed with the game personally, didn't create anything of note (didn't see the final ten minutes) and there was plenty of sloppy passing, poor defending and lack of movement that has become a staple of our game of late.

If Kane was behind the ball, he can't be offside.

However, I don't think he was, at least, not entirely, so the standard offside rule applies. Goalscoring parts of Kane's body were ahead of the last defender, ergo he's offside.

The defender getting a touch is irrelevant. As others have said, it's only different if the touch was deliberate.

That said, I'd like to see that passage of play again in slow motion. Not a still with fudging arbitrary lines scrawled on a screen by some work experience Muppet.

Away from the VAR stuff.

I cannot believe you thought that first half wasn’t bad. We looked clueless….

Was dissapointed with the game personally, didn't create anything of note and the same old sloppy passing and lack of movement that has become a staple of our game of late.

Thought there were some really good passages of play in the first half. Not enough and the obvious lack of Kulusevski is obvious.

Second half we pushed them. Lacking at times with the final ball. Chances kept falling to Dier rather than Kane. But did create chances.

That blurry image proves nothing. Can’t even see the ball properly. Has the ball reached Emerson yet? If he has already made contact then the line is drawn too late in the phase of play and needs to go back a frame = Kane further back. You can’t even see where the entire foot of the defender behind Kane is - could he be level with Kane? It has been said before, but the refresh rates of the tv pictures simply aren’t high enough to make these incredibly tight decisions viable.

maybe one day VAR really will be perfect and faultless. But all the fans will be long gone by then. It’s beyond farcical.

Thought there were some really good passages of play in the first half. Not enough and the obvious lack of Kulusevski is obvious.

Second half we pushed them. Lacking at times with the final ball. Chances kept falling to Dier rather than Kane. But did create chances.

We were chasing an equaliser so i would bloody well hope we would push them at home, there was no quality and frankly we were lucky not to have been 2 down before the equaliser.

Sorry but that just doesn’t prove Kane is ahead of the ball, everyone’s trusting those lines, but how are they drawn? They’re guessing plain and simple.
Shouldn't we also have a line from the defender on there somewhere? So many lines it just becomes one line, and they think "fudge it" (in Dutch) and give us our 2 points back.

Andros Townsend. Absolutely spot on with how every football fan feels I would say

"The bottom line for me, whether it's offside or onside is irrelevant. I don't like VAR for this reason. As a football fan, you're killing the raw emotion of the game. You've seen Conte running on the pitch, injured players are running on the pitch.

Harry Kane has gone mad, the fans have gone mad. And then 10 minutes later the goal gets disallowed. This is not what football is about. Football is about raw emotion. Slowly VAR is dragging out the raw emotion of the game we love."

Back