• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Qarabag *** 26/9/24 at 8pm.

a delicate balance between getting there early enough to see it all and too early where the wife is bored brickless and there's still an hour before kick off
Hi treepits, you may not know but on level 5 (up the stairs once you enter the stadium) you can walk round to the East stand where there is a fancy bar with a guitarist playing Spurs songs. The microbrewery for Neck Oil enthusiasts is either on the ground floor or the lower floor, the huge goal line bar with all the catering is definitely down on the lowest level. Club shop worth a visit but the prices are pretty atrocious. I would definitely get to the stadium at least an hour before kickoff as once its 30 mins to the game, the bars all get rammed.
Thanks so much for this. Can’t wait!

You all make valid points which I agree with, but based on the League Cup line up, and the subs against Brentford, I think it will be:

Forster
Gray...Dragusin...Davies...Udogie
Bissouma
Sarr...Bergvall
Moore...Solanke...Werner​

The balls to play that line up would be immense ..

I think Europe is the one of the three where we need to take it more serious, the domestic cups you will likely run into other top 6 somewhere in the run, Europa, get the league bit done early, probably a moderate run for a lot of the tournament

i think we will have the strongest team and rest what ever players if there is a risk they need more time for the upcoming EPL game.
good test for ange's ability to balance league and european games - something he did not do well at celtic.

worst case situation is we lose this and have key players not ready for Sunday's game against United, same points as us in the EPL table

Romero is suspended, so Dragusin will play. I'd probably look to rest one FB, one or two midfielders and a winger. Depends on who we can bring in of course. Since we can have a gazillion substitutes we'll probably see a lot of kids on the bench.

Man U on Sunday in a massive battle to be in the top half.

Agreed. We know from experience that an A team and a B team doesn't work. But we also know from experience that not rotating doesn't work over time.

The way to get the players who wouldn't be a starter in the biggest games with everyone fit well integrated in the system and match fit is to give them meaningful game time.

If the poor performance against Coventry means that we abandon rotation that's not going to work over time this season. Too many games.

But there has to be a mix. Rotate some, start some first choice players. Start some that are established, but not clear first choices.

Note that this new format of playing eight games means you SHOULD chuck some games

E.g. Inter had to play City at the Etihad prior to their derby, and AC played Liverpool. Inter should have completely chucked the City game.

Not toooo relevant to tonight’s game, but if Qarabag score a screamer and Forster chucks one in his own net and we’re losing it isn’t the end of the world because we’re not directly competing with Qarabag in a small table.

Likewise if we were away at Roma or whatever it is not sensible to prioritise that. Focus on the winnable home games and just ensure you make if through in the top eight, but no need to kill yourself to win the qualifying table

---------------------------Austin
Whiteman--Dragusin--Davies--Forster
---‐----------------------Gray
------------------Sarr-------------Bergvall
----Werner--------Lankshear------Moore

Any news on whether Lankshear is available for this?
Would be handy to be able to bring him on for Solanke to give him a rest (he ran himself into the ground on Saturday) plus i still think Solanke is building up his fitness.

No more changes than necessary, get another win. Shame Spence isn't available.

‐-------------‐----------Forster---------------------
Gray------Draguisin----Davies---Udogie
----------------------Bentancur-------------------
-------------Kulusevski----Maddison-------
Johnson---------Solanke----------Moore

Get 2 or 3 nil up then ring the changes, hopefully around H/T to 60 minutes.

I see Ferencvaros just lost and Galatasaray just won... but what does it all mean when we're not in a small table directly competing with them? This format makes each game pretty meaningless, normally you would be looking at your own table and weighing up which team you need to struggle against to win your group, but with this format I'm really unsure if it is good or bad that those teams (which we face later) won or lost.

Edit, AZ won too.
And we also play Rangers and Roma, suddenly I'm feeling like this is a really tough set of fixtures

Well, there's an encouraging result - ManU 1-1 Twente.

ManU forced to work hard, had to bring on Garnacho, Hojlund, Mount and Mainoo in the second half, probably hoping they could comfortably rest them to be fresh for Sunday vs. us. Amazing, innit, how we often have to face top rivals on a day's less rest.

I see Ferencvaros just lost and Galatasaray just won... but what does it all mean when we're not in a small table directly competing with them? This format makes each game pretty meaningless, normally you would be looking at your own table and weighing up which team you need to struggle against to win your group, but with this format I'm really unsure if it is good or bad that those teams (which we face later) won or lost.

Edit, AZ won too.
And we also play Rangers and Roma, suddenly I'm feeling like this is a really tough set of fixtures
Just ignore the results - its the 32 teams with the biggest financial turnovers who go through at the end, except where a bigger bribe has been directly received to the Swiss PO Box trumps that. Its UEFA remember

Back