• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v palace - **

That's the problem with this formation. There's no option for a 3rd CM so its easy to be over-run when the others have another body in there

In a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 you can drop a man deeper.

We always seem to end up with 2 vs 3 in CM

Which isn't an issue if you hold the ball up and have movement to move the opposition shape.
But we don't, so we just their CM and a CB a free run, with momentum, at our central two.

Even dropping one in the hole behind a front two might help. Or get a wing back to tuck inside, just to narrow the midfield space.
It's a mess.
The players don't suit this formation.
The players don't want to fight for it.
The manager has no other ideas.
The manager can't motivate.

Only one solution.

Which isn't an issue if you hold the ball up and have movement to move the opposition shape.
But we don't, so we just their CM and a CB a free run, with momentum, at our central two.

Even dropping one in the hole behind a front two might help. Or get a wing back to tuck inside, just to narrow the midfield space.
It's a mess.
The players don't suit this formation.
The players don't want to fight for it.
The manager has no other ideas.
The manager can't motivate.

Only one solution.

Happens time and time again. Just get over-run

He'll never change it though

I'd just like to say that even though I'm critical of Conte at the moment, I would 100% sing along to the Conte-song if I were in the stands. Love to hear our boys supported like that. No matter how fudging dire it is out on the pitch, I enjoy hearing our fans supporting the team. :)

Back