• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Sunday 31st August 1330 KO***

Townsend on for Lamela for me. He is just more likely to affect a game like this and come up with something.

Kaboul off for Chriches as well. He's finished.

Townsend for Lamela? No thanks. Last thing we need, another player who can't pass. What makes you think he would bring more influence? His no assists in his Spurs career to date?

He misjudged the flight if the ball....capoue on the other hand has not been in his position at all which causes beneteleb to do his job. I think it isn't even close tbh.

doesn't stop them both being ****. absolutely criminal that Sandro cant even make the bench. unless they know something we don't and he cant play two games in a week or something

It feels a lot like many of our performances last season. Defensive error and we concede. Miss good chances. Lamela way off the pace.
We still lack a playmaker and a clinical finisher.

First change would be Dembele for Bentaleb

Then Kane for Chadli if we still don't improve

If we're still down, Townsend for Lamela

Kane 2nd half for me.

Pool dealing with everything in their 25yards, so someone to drop and move along the line and deep will ask them a different question.
And he has a good long range shot , mignolet has been pretty comfortable, aside from chadli effort

@Squawka:
Tottenham 0-1 Liverpool HT:
Possession: 52%-48%
Shots: 4-8
Chances created: 4-5
Crosses: 7-6
Pass accuracy: 81%-80%

@PCarrESPN: Liverpool is unbeaten in 60 straight PL games when up at half (50 wins). Last loss: at Tottenham in Nov. 2010.

@StatsZone: #THFC 0-1 #LFC http://fft.sm/mcqqYU Almost identical passing from the two sides just before HT.
BwXqGTpIcAElMdB.png

encouraging. just need to make it count - 5 competitive games in to a new system will take time.

What we need is a proper ball playing midfielder next to Capoue. I am really struggling to see what Bentaleb actually does? i'm pretty sure Jenas got a load of stick for doing the exact same thing (with a goal here and there).

MS5.jpg

In all honesty, Bentaleb is 19, he's not going to be the finished product for at least, five, maybe even six years. I think what everyone's excited about is that he's got the raw tools (stamina, tall frame, good technique, good awareness, eye for a pass) to become a world-class player in time. The things he still needs to learn (positioning, movement, anticipation, making runs into space, springing a ball beyond the defense at the right time) can be taught to him, they're all skills that can be learned in time.

when eriksen has the ball i feel confident that he'll find one of our players with it. there aren't many others in the team that inspire that confidence. Dier can pass, Verts, Chadli and Lamela - other than that? Don't see it.

Eriksen certainly isn't one i'd pick out for criticism. Until we get effective midfielders in where capoue and betaleb are playing we are going to be struggling like shiit against better sides.

Yea I didn't intend that to come out as severe criticism he's a definite starter I just think he varies from an 8/9 out if 10 performance to a 5/6 out if 10 performance too frequently, but that could be as much to do with the different positions he's asked to play.

It feels a lot like many of our performances last season. Defensive error and we concede. Miss good chances. Lamela way off the pace.
We still lack a playmaker and a clinical finisher.

Poch is good but he is not a miracle worker. It will take time for him to improve us to get to Liverpool's level - leaves such a bad taste in the mouth to say that!

Reading through this it's just the typical people calling out player they don't like as play bad when we're losing.
Bentaleb has made one mistake all game for instance.

Harry Kane would be the first player is sub on. He deserves the chance.

must be SO easy to win a free kick in the top flight, lean into someone and fall down like a sack of ****

Back