• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Sunday 31st August 1330 KO***

He should have scored that chance after they scored. It wasn't simple and his failure to take it reflects the fact that he isn't as talented as we'd like.

Its not the chance he missed, I missed it ironically, its more his ****e touch, his lack of closing down and his lackadaisical approach today.

We've had two golden opportunities so far and a couple more half chances - not too grim if you ask me

Yeah, due to the incompetence of the Lovren/Sakho combination. We haven't played very well at all. Not just been outplayed (that is easy to stomach given the earliness of Poch's time here), but some of our senior players have underperformed, making the wrong decisions consistently. Chadli, Ade, and Capoue the man culprits. We don't need a re-jig at half-time, but I do hope Poch gets into these players' heads and fortifies their self-belief and confidence in their own capabilities. We can win this. Liverpool have been sub-par. But not if we play like we've been doing so far.

Townsend on for Lamela for me. He is just more likely to affect a game like this and come up with something.

Kaboul off for Chriches as well. He's finished.

Important it's just one. They are giving gifts to us at all. One goal for us and everything changes.

Momentum. It's all about momentum.

@Squawka:
Tottenham 0-1 Liverpool HT:
Possession: 52%-48%
Shots: 4-8
Chances created: 4-5
Crosses: 7-6
Pass accuracy: 81%-80%

@PCarrESPN: Liverpool is unbeaten in 60 straight PL games when up at half (50 wins). Last loss: at Tottenham in Nov. 2010.

@StatsZone: #THFC 0-1 #LFC http://fft.sm/mcqqYU Almost identical passing from the two sides just before HT.
BwXqGTpIcAElMdB.png

Last edited:
id say the mistake drops his rating. both been dreadflul. thing capoue has showed for the ball more

He misjudged the flight if the ball....capoue on the other hand has not been in his position at all which causes beneteleb to do his job. I think it isn't even close tbh.

Actually I would put on Dembele for Bentaleb - we need to get hold of the ball in the middle of the pitch and Bentaleb has looked lost today.

What we need is a proper ball playing midfielder next to Capoue. I am really struggling to see what Bentaleb actually does? i'm pretty sure Jenas got a load of stick for doing the exact same thing (with a goal here and there).

He flatters to deceive a bit for me, not the most consistent of players.

when eriksen has the ball i feel confident that he'll find one of our players with it. there aren't many others in the team that inspire that confidence. Dier can pass, Verts, Chadli and Lamela - other than that? Don't see it.

Eriksen certainly isn't one i'd pick out for criticism. Until we get effective midfielders in where capoue and betaleb are playing we are going to be struggling like shiit against better sides.

On the plus side we look a lot better against them than in the past season.

Downside they should already be out of sight but for Balotelli's rustiness in front of goal.

They look more likely to win this, gerrard sterling Sturidge have been outstanding we don't have anyone to match them today. Big difference is they have gerrard who can pick out a pass for one of their runners. We have Capoue and Bentaleb- totally different league.

Not sure what poch can do to change it up, Lamela Chadli have struggled to get into this game, though Chadli had s brilliant chance to level and ADE is having one of those games. If we lose this we have no complaints - and hopefully resets people's expectations of a top four finish.

Makes me so angry when Adebayor plays like this. Seems a lack of focus and then he becomes ridiculously slow and clumsy. Also Kaboul and Rose need to be out the team.

Poch has never had a team come back to win in the premiership, perhaps this is the first. I do expect an improvement and think he will just tweak things. Need to pass quicker, been very slow

Someone has got to grab the game by the throat. It's not Ade. Eriksen of Lamela...one of them must rise to the task.

Its not the chance he missed, I missed it ironically, its more his ****e touch, his lack of closing down and his lackadaisical approach today.

His lack of closing down?

Ade? I can understand the criticisms, but he's been closing down like a madman today, it's been the only bright point of his game.

A frustrating half. Liverpool have looked good going forwards and had quite a few decent chances. We have assisted them with some poor passing and generally giving the ball away to many times in stupid positions. Has been very sloppy so far and for the first 20 minutes or so we looked very anxious.

Thought we improved a bit towards the end of the half and personally i would have expected Chadli to finish that. Shame. I think if we calm down and improve on the ball a bit we can certainly take something from the game. Need a bit more going forward. Quite lacklustre at the moment.

On the plus side we look a lot better against them than in the past season.

Downside they should already be out of sight but for Balotelli's rustiness in front of goal.

They look more likely to win this, gerrard sterling Sturidge have been outstanding we don't have anyone to match them today. Big difference is they have gerrard who can pick out a pass for one of their runners. We have Capoue and Bentaleb- totally different league.

Not sure what poch can do to change it up, Lamela Chadli have struggled to get into this game, though Chadli had s brilliant chance to level and ADE is having one of those games. If we lose this we have no complaints - and hopefully resets people's expectations of a top four finish.

Really?

Back