• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton & Hove Albion **

Still couldn't have reached that rocket imo. Still defenders' fault for not marking him. Wide open. Must be nice to be at the game though.
I can’t agree
It was central where he headed it
Exactly where Hugo was before he flapped and moved
Awful bringing him straight back

The next time their play breaks down on the edge of our box, look at the positions of the players. THAT is the formation.

There’s no way to play out, hence passes are forced and possession is given straight back. It’s happened in literally every match this season. And it’s quite simply because we have 3 at the back vs 1 striker, they have 3 in midfield totally dominating our 2, which means Son and Kulusevski drop in to make it a very narrow 4 in midfield, and suddenly we have no way to play the ball out.

Add to that their very high press and it’s just a recipe for disaster.
It’s damn clear to see
They have no spare men in attack and plenty in midfield building the pressure
We can’t change it with the personnel we have but it’s so ineffective

The next time their play breaks down on the edge of our box, look at the positions of the players. THAT is the formation.

There’s no way to play out, hence passes are forced and possession is given straight back. It’s happened in literally every match this season. And it’s quite simply because we have 3 at the back vs 1 striker, they have 3 in midfield totally dominating our 2, which means Son and Kulusevski drop in to make it a very narrow 4 in midfield, and suddenly we have no way to play the ball out.

Agree. And the ‘wing backs’ are playing no further up than full backs so are effectively a backward pass away also.

And I’ll add, the 2 in midfield are hardly Busquets and Xavi when it comes to showing and accepting the ball.

fudging horrendous half of football. Everything I expected except the score line. They’re light years ahead of us, we’re relying on counter attacks.

End of first half we moved from 5-3-2 defensive formation to 5-4-1 which has made us a bit more solid and means they don’t look like they’ve an extra player coming forward. But it blunts our attack and press.

Skipp has been good, Sonny looked up for it. Kane has been shocking.

Allowing Stellini to continue has been a dereliction of duty by Levy.

What a shame. A great opening 10 mins, then it all went a bit sour, and probably relieved to be level at HT. Did we tweak the formation after going ahead??

Remember when we thought he was better than Saka
TBF he was and has the talent still to be, he didn't tear it up last season by luck or because others were awful, he was exceptional. GHod knows what's happened for him to fall off a cliff like this though, Injuries? Confidence?

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

fair enough, I disagree, I think whatever formation you put this lot in, they will continue to fudge up the basics, and that is the main issue

fudging horrendous half of football. Everything I expected except the score line. They’re light years ahead of us, we’re relying on counter attacks.

End of first half we moved from 5-3-2 defensive formation to 5-4-1 which has made us a bit more solid and means they don’t look like they’ve an extra player coming forward. But it blunts our attack and press.

Skipp has been good, Sonny looked up for it. Kane has been shocking.

Allowing Stellini to continue has been a dereliction of duty by Levy.

Agree. Also Dier, Romero, and Hojbjerg has been rather poor, and Kulu looks off. I struggle to see what we're trying to do, apart from the "quicker" release towards the front line, but we're not doing it particularly well, and we're making rubbish mistakes, both under pressure and off pressure.

TBF he was and has the talent still to be, he didn't tear it up last season by luck or because others were awful, he was exceptional. GHod knows what's happened for him to fall off a cliff like this though, Injuries? Confidence?

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
Exactly, just because he’s a shadow of the player he was last season doesn’t mean that last season’s performance’s didn’t happen! We all saw them with our own eyes.
Just like Son being a complete passenger this season doesn’t mean he wasn’t top class before.

Back