• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Aston Villa***

I think that Janssen needs another striker in very close attendance to play off or its the bench or elsewhere for him, sadly.

Janssen takes up some unusual positions for a main striker. A minute ago he was ahead of the cross into the box. Just now, after passing to Davies, instead of heading into the box for a ball across the goal he dropped off for a pull back. And then on the corner he just stood in the area rather than attacking the area.

His movement suggests he thinks like a #10, the player in behind the main striker, but without necessarily having the skills required of a #10 at this level.

He just doesn't look like a decent striker. I can't say one good thing about him unfortunately.

Not enough attacking threat on the pitch at all - get off one of the defenders, no need for three at the back against a poor Villa side especially with Dier and Winks in central midfield

Right now we are there for the taking. At present, for us, it smacks of ' If we scrape a win fine, if we lose, concentrate on the league' Just seems a damp performance

Exactly, Villa should be going for it. So they loose... who cares? They are not going to be relegated, they are not skint so dont need a cup run and they are trying to get promoted from a hard, hard league; they dont want extra games from a reply.

Unadventurous, tedious waste of time. Our lack of ambition is staggering...if in doubt pass backwards. Time to do something productive...grrrr.

He just doesn't look like a decent striker. I can't say one good thing about him unfortunately.

He'd be good for a struggling team as he holds the ball up well - if his team were under the cosh for 80% of the game he'd be useful as his team could play the ball up to him and he'd hold it up. That's not what we need though

What a brick 45 minutes. I'd like to see us switch back to a 4231, get GKN on for one of the defenders and get him 1v1 with their fullback. I actually think that Onomah would work well in the small spaces they are leaving us, more so than Son.

Janssengate -what is he good for? The new Jenas -although I actually thought Jenas was a pretty decent player.
[in case anyone is wondering the "pretty" is modifying the "decent" -although some might consider him "pretty"]

Christ Janssen is poor. His traps end up as ten yard passes. He looks more like a competition winner than a pub player. We paid 17 million for him? Cannot believe it.

Point is, it's his first game in a long time, playing in a team that have never played together at the same time. He's not Messi, but chill the fudge down and give the guy a tiny bit of slack!
I think that shirt (in your avatar) may be the wrong size......perhaps the wearer could consider going a size smaller in future.

Villa/Bruce is playing 6 at the back.

I just saw Cheatskis second goal. Peterborough had 2 at the back vs 43 Cheatski strikers.

Bruce is no mug

We're doing the same mistake as Liverpool earlier today. We need more and quicker passing and movement in behind. And as Klopp said about his team, they're not that used to playing together, but still, much room for improvement in the 2nd half.

Back