• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs – Ferencváros (A) – Thu 3 Oct 5.45pm UK / 6.45pm Budapest***

No Spence doesn't. As of pre season Spence was LB, and as was seen against Coventry it was Gray who was picked at RB not Spence, and Spence came on at half time as LB.....

Spence played RB at least for some games, and we had a Donley at LB.
I watched Spence and Moore link up well down the right vs Hearts right in front of me.

Spence is a RB who can also play at LB.

Spence played RB at least for some games, and we had a Donley at LB.
I watched Spence and Moore link up well down the right vs Hearts right in front of me.

Spence is a RB who can also play at LB.
I know Spence is a RB, but he is being used at LB. Against Everton he was bought on for last 20 minutes to replace Udogie, against Coventry bought on at half time to replace Udogie whilst Gray played RB, against Brentford he wasn't used at all and Gray bought on for Porro for last few minutes, against Man U he was bought on to replace Udogie at half time. There's nothing to suggest Ange sees him as the backup RB to date....

Taken from another Spurs forum:

Speaking to us exclusively on SPURSPLAY ahead of the clash at the Groupama Arena in the Hungarian capital, Ange told us: "Sonny and Destiny are back in London. They're working away, but they're not available for this one. Everyone else from the weekend got through the game and is good to go."

As for the inclusion of younger players and Sergio Reguilon in the travelling party, Ange added: "We've got training sessions (here), so we've brought young players and Reggy, just to make sure the quality of our training is what it needs to be today."

Well known for his work on talkSPORT, Sky Sports, The Guardian and The Football Ramble podcast - and a regular contributor here at Spurs for almost 10 years - European football expert Andy Brassell will give us a short, sharp view on our opposition ahead of every UEFA Europa League match this season.

Next up, champions of Hungary and one of the famous old names of European football - Ferencvárosi TC, who we face at the Groupama Arena in Budapest on UEL league phase Matchday 2 on Thursday evening (5.45pm UK).

Ferencvárosi TC​

Manager - Pascal Jansen
Domestic form - Top of Nemzeti Bajnokság (NB1) in Hungary, 6 wins out of 6
Europa League form - Lost MD1 2-1 at Anderlecht

Andy: "There are two interesting things here for me. One, they have a number of players who have played in the Champions League before, so that shows they have significant resources for that part of Europe. They have a nice, new stadium, this year they appointed Pascal Jansen as their coach, and he was the coach of AZ Alkmaar when they got to the semi-final of the Conference League, a really bright coach. He’s quite well known - his mum was a British pop star (Sue Chaloner). They’re ambitious, with players like Adama Traoré (Mali international) who has played in the Champions League. You’ll get a big atmosphere there as well. It’s not like playing in the national stadium, the Groupama Aréna is smaller, tighter and a bit noisier. Without getting amazing results, they’ve given big teams some difficult moments in the Champions League, so it will be interesting."

Well known for his work on talkSPORT, Sky Sports, The Guardian and The Football Ramble podcast - and a regular contributor here at Spurs for almost 10 years - European football expert Andy Brassell will give us a short, sharp view on our opposition ahead of every UEFA Europa League match this season.

Next up, champions of Hungary and one of the famous old names of European football - Ferencvárosi TC, who we face at the Groupama Arena in Budapest on UEL league phase Matchday 2 on Thursday evening (5.45pm UK).

Ferencvárosi TC​

Manager - Pascal Jansen
Domestic form - Top of Nemzeti Bajnokság (NB1) in Hungary, 6 wins out of 6
Europa League form - Lost MD1 2-1 at Anderlecht

Andy: "There are two interesting things here for me. One, they have a number of players who have played in the Champions League before, so that shows they have significant resources for that part of Europe. They have a nice, new stadium, this year they appointed Pascal Jansen as their coach, and he was the coach of AZ Alkmaar when they got to the semi-final of the Conference League, a really bright coach. He’s quite well known - his mum was a British pop star (Sue Chaloner). They’re ambitious, with players like Adama Traoré (Mali international) who has played in the Champions League. You’ll get a big atmosphere there as well. It’s not like playing in the national stadium, the Groupama Aréna is smaller, tighter and a bit noisier. Without getting amazing results, they’ve given big teams some difficult moments in the Champions League, so it will be interesting."

Interesting, I always expect a tough game away from home in Europe, these are massive games for the clubs, fans and national pride. Too many write these games off as easy wins with whatever XI we put out, I believe we should start with a strong side and make changes if we get in a winning position.

Interesting, I always expect a tough game away from home in Europe, these are massive games for the clubs, fans and national pride. Too many write these games off as easy wins with whatever XI we put out, I believe we should start with a strong side and make changes if we get in a winning position.

Indeed. I also think many teams in these 'lesser' leagues will see a game against a PL team as a massive "advertisement window" (on different levels) so will up their game regardless. We go into it writing it off as a game to rotate most of the team at our peril

Reguillon isn’t in our Europa league squad on either list. He is however in our Premier League squad. It’s not uncommon for players unavailable (suspension, long term injury) to travel and be part of the unit. I believe this is just a continuation of the effort to reintegrate him into the group
Ange mentioned that some new guys will be there to ensure training quality

Back