• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Tottenham Hotspurs vs Brentford - Sat, 21 Sept, 3pm

If anyone is after 2 seats together on the south lower for tomorrow's game I've just stuck mine & a mates up on the exchange, block 249

I'm dreading this one. We've just witnessed a really inept management performance by Ange. He stupidly made 8 changes and what we saw was a bunch of players with scrambled heads unable to adopt his philosophy. Now we have to hope that the first eleven can re-assemble and deliver a winning performance against a really tough side.

This is a big game for the club.

I'm dreading this one. We've just witnessed a really inept management performance by Ange. He stupidly made 8 changes and what we saw was a bunch of players with scrambled heads unable to adopt his philosophy. Now we have to hope that the first eleven can re-assemble and deliver a winning performance against a really tough side.

The number of changes is a bit misleading as Odobert and Sarr has started as many games as Solanke and Bentancur in the league, just not the previous one. Dragusin and Davies wasn't really the problem either. It's a collective issue of players hiding and not offering passing options and we end up being slow and static. It wasn't until Kulusevski came on we managed to up the tempo and create some chances.

The number of changes is a bit misleading as Odobert and Sarr has started as many games as Solanke and Bentancur in the league, just not the previous one. Dragusin and Davies wasn't really the problem either. It's a collective issue of players hiding and not offering passing options and we end up being slow and static. It wasn't until Kulusevski came on we managed to up the tempo and create some chances.

NLD Line-up
Venom, Porro, Romero, VDV, Udogie, Bentancur, Maddison, Kulusevski, Son, Solanke, Johnson

Coventry Line-up
Forster, Gray, Dragusin, Davies, Udogie, Bentancur, Sarr, Bergval, Werner, Solanke, Odobert

I remember 2 schools of thought pre-match. The first was my line of thinking where you just change 2 or 3 and keep it mostly the same. That was on the basis that the last 2 games weren't a disaster, and perhaps things might click for the first teamers. Others were advocating for wholesale changes like we saw with a lot of calls for the younger squad members.

The reality is that Ange made too many changes to maintain his tactical system. He fielded 4 new players from the summer, 3 of which were the young guns. Whilst we got the victory, you could tell that the players were not on top of Ange's tactics. In fact, our worst performance of the season against the weakest opposition.

As for Brentford, I guess it depends whether Bissouma is fit and whether Bentancur needs a rest.

Brentford Line-up (guess)
Venom, Porro, Romero, VDV, Udogie, Bissouma, Maddison, Kulusevski, Son, Solanke, Johnson

Could not agree more, we should have learnt our lesson after the Fulham game in last seasons LG. Have no problem with playing the younger players in the cups early rounds but we should have started with our more experianced players got a lead and then brought the youngsters into the game.

So Ange says Bissouma is available as is Werner, but Odebert is out for a while as is Richarlison.

I wonder if we'll start Bissouma with Maddison and Kulusevski in midfield (personally i'd start Bissouma with Sarr and Kulusevski and save Maddison and Bentancur for Quarabag).

‐---‐------------------Vicario
Porro------Romero-----vdv-----Spence
‐------------------Bissouma
--------------Kulu---------Bergvall
----Johnson----Solanke----Moore

Just take some out of form players (Son, Maddison, Sarr, Udogie) out. Try and get some footballers, rather than runners, in AM and LWF too

‐---‐------------------Vicario
Porro------Romero-----vdv-----Spence
‐------------------Bissouma
--------------Kulu---------Bergvall
----Johnson----Solanke----Moore

Just take some out of form players (Son, Maddison, Sarr, Udogie) out. Try and get some footballers, rather than runners, in AM and LWF too

I just wish we could move to Poch's 4-2-3-1

Venom
Porro, Romero, VDV, Spence
Bents, Biss
Kulu, Madds, Bergval
Solanke

2 attacking full-backs, the double pivot midfield and the 3 ballers running the show.

Venom
Bents, Biss
Kulu, Madds, Bergval
Solanke

2 attacking full-backs, the double pivot midfield and the 3 ballers running the show.
I could get on board with that. More chance of hell freezing over though.

Venom
Bents, Biss
Kulu, Madds, Bergval
Solanke

The problem is we dont have an Ali (goalscoring ACM who gets close to the CF; Kulu, Madds, Bergvall are all Eriksen), nor a young Son (direct, pacy WF; Johnson is proably closest). Basically its our goal threat from midfield that is missing. Could Richarlison do the Ali role when back?

The problem is we dont have an Ali (goalscoring ACM who gets close to the CF; Kulu, Madds, Bergvall are all Eriksen), nor a young Son (direct, pacy WF; Johnson is proably closest). Basically its our goal threat from midfield that is missing. Could Richarlison do the Ali role when back?

Kulu could play off the CF, it's where he is best (different type of player to Dele but could do same impact).

Son is still quick if you give him space to go into. The issue with the side would be the width, looks quick narrow

Not sure Bergval is an Eriksen actually. He looks like he wants to do a flick or two, and drive the ball past players. I've not see the false 9 thing though. No better than Dele at that.

Frank gives it his best shot to try and outsmart the opposition every week.

And I don't think we are that hard to figure out......so it's going to be interesting
Agreed, the see saw of Spurs opinion is in the balance.
The late turnaround vs Cov was a big moment.
I pray we can see this one through and put out their fire; Brentford looked amazing vs City for 25 mins and the brilliance of Haaland killed them.

I believe they are without Wissa and Maupay/Toney left, so we can't really moan if they beat us, they haven't had it easy this summer.

Agreed, the see saw of Spurs opinion is in the balance.
The late turnaround vs Cov was a big moment.
I pray we can see this one through and put out their fire; Brentford looked amazing vs City for 25 mins and the brilliance of Haaland killed them.

I believe they are without Wissa and Maupay/Toney left, so we can't really moan if they beat us, they haven't had it easy this summer.

Surely even more reason to moan?

Back