• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Scum ***

Johnson is part of the issue though. He's had the ball more than two times and if he's not in acres of space he just passes it on to someone else. He's unwilling to take his man at least I guess he knows that's not a strength of his but it does limit his use in an offensive sense.
It's the same on both sides although Son is more likely to beat his man. We're so slow though that there's often two players they would need to beat, especially for Son with Saka getting back well. We need to go long at times and use Solanke instead of the slow build up letting their defence get into position.

Football would be a bit nuts if that was a red card. May as well be walking football to ensure nobody ever gets injured.

The Bentancur yellow was the one I couldn't wrap my head around, was getting booked for applying a bit of pressure to an Arsenal player going nowhere!? It was very odd, seems like he picks up a couple like that.
Forgot to write that the red card would definitely due to him placing hands on Vicario. Perhaps I don't watch other EPL games but the reffing in Spurs games seems to be going to brick. That is one reason I stopped watching EPL games last season. I didn't like how I would be ranting at the screen. Wasn't a good example for my kids.

Johnson isn’t the issue
The passing to him has been non existant
The two times we passed to him we had shots… not great ones but much more threatening
He's had it in space a few times and just passes back.

He did well to time his run in the last minutes of that half, then just looked unconvincing

Try and take the man on

Johnson is part of the issue though. He's had the ball more than two times and if he's not in acres of space he just passes it on to someone else. He's unwilling to take his man at least I guess he knows that's not a strength of his but it does limit his use in an offensive sense.
Agree
So pass to him when he is in space
Which is a lot of the time
If he fails then I’m cool with the negativity

It's the same on both sides although Son is more likely to beat his man. We're so slow though that there's often two players they would need to beat, especially for Son with Saka getting back well. We need to go long at times and use Solanke instead of the slow build up letting their defence get into position.
I agree, it's part of the reason I've said I don't believe Son is a good wide player for us anymore.

He's had it in space a few times and just passes back.

He did well to time his run in the last minutes of that half, then just looked unconvincing

Try and take the man on
Johnson doesn't have that skill set. He is good at running with the ball placed ahead of him. Gareth Bale like winger, he is not.

We get nothing from the wide and play it intricately but don't really have the quality of technique to pull off the playing through this Arsenal team not the real ability to beat a man.

I think the solution today is to play faster but that's easier said than done.

This is where Maddison has to look up anbd in channels more, as well as not drop deep and do his 'quarter-back' thing. He is the rhythm dictator and as such, for me anyway, he is too slow and tentative. As for that early set-piece!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to write that the red card would definitely due to him placing hands on Vicario. Perhaps I don't watch other EPL games but the reffing in Spurs games seems to be going to brick. That is one reason I stopped watching EPL games last season. I didn't like how I would be ranting at the screen. Wasn't a good example for my kids.
It was brutal in the Bournemouth Chelsea game last night, same with the yellows giving them out for every tackle.

We have had 4 yellow cards from 10 fouls
They have had 1 yellow card from 7 fouls (and there was also an advantage from a foul on Maddison that's not included)

Johnson isn’t the issue
The passing to him has been non existant
The two times we passed to him we had shots… not great ones but much more threatening
that one early to him 1 v 1 against timbre in the box he was too predictable. feint before the shot/cross - any defender could read it.

go a few seconds back, the ball that was passed to johnson was a beauty though. it forced timbre to turn mid run; on the other hand a smarter winger would have done a slight feint while timbre was finding his footing to get an advantage.

not "street smart" enough.

Agree
So pass to him when he is in space
Which is a lot of the time
If he fails then I’m cool with the negativity
I want a player who is useful in more than 1 specific circumstance. It's why I said it's not going to work when we play a slower intricate buildup form of football. Johnson is rarely going to be in the eons of space that he requires. He's needs to be able to play against defenders who are set and ready for him.

Back