• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Scum ***

He still continues to get picked though. He has just slowed everything down it seems
Yes. Moreover he is pointing lots and unfortunately none of the players are taking notice.

Him getting picked is because we only have a very young challenger for his position. Hopefully Bergvall starts to assert himself soon.

This referee has spoilt this game. Timber in my opinion should have been sent off. His foot didn't slip off the ball. He lifted it up and brought it back down. Isn't that the stupid reasoning they used to send off Romero in the Chelsea game?

The 3 players behind Solanke need to do a lot better.

This is stupid, the yellow on Bentancur, Kulu and maybe vic is so bloddy soft… why didnt him giv 1 yellor for the tackel on Porro and another for the burst up with vic?

he looks like type brought up through football academies but didn't play a lot of street football. Can play, but wilts and loses his cool easily.

unfortunately i don't think he will develop into a top 4 team player.
Johnson isn’t the issue
The passing to him has been non existant
The two times we passed to him we had shots… not great ones but much more threatening

This referee has spoilt this game. Timber in my opinion should have been sent off. His foot didn't slip off the ball. He lifted it up and brought it back down. Isn't that the stupid reasoning they used to send off Romero in the Chelsea game?

I can just about take him not being sent off for that, but the shirt-grabbing is a second yellow.

Hopefully we will have a better 2nd half, which is the norm for us. Very cagey game, though. And we need to be fully switched on on defense. They are carving us apart at times and getting shots off, even though we end up blocking them. But can't continue like this, because one is bound to go in.

We need to realise we should be winning this game. We seem afraid to take charge. Too slow in the final third, and I want more more more from Maddison; he needs to play with more verve. Instead he's attempting to dictate play without actually having much to say.
It’s slow slow slow
They are too then they go long
Weird tactics as neither will bring the other out
The red card will make the difference

Johnson isn’t the issue
The passing to him has been non existant
The two times we passed to him we had shots… not great ones but much more threatening
Johnson is part of the issue though. He's had the ball more than two times and if he's not in acres of space he just passes it on to someone else. He's unwilling to take his man at least I guess he knows that's not a strength of his but it does limit his use in an offensive sense.

Football would be a bit nuts if that was a red card. May as well be walking football to ensure nobody ever gets injured.

The Bentancur yellow was the one I couldn't wrap my head around, was getting booked for applying a bit of pressure to an Arsenal player going nowhere!? It was very odd, seems like he picks up a couple like that.

Johnson is part of the issue though. He's had the ball more than two times and if he's not in acres of space he just passes it on to someone else. He's unwilling to take his man at least I guess he knows that's not a strength of his but it does limit his use in an offensive sense.

That seems to be the case for most players. We wait for someone to make a small run and pass it slowly around.

We need to realise we should be winning this game. We seem afraid to take charge. Too slow in the final third, and I want more more more from Maddison; he needs to play with more verve. Instead he's attempting to dictate play without actually having much to say.
We get nothing from the wide and play it intricately but don't really have the quality of technique to pull off the playing through this Arsenal team not the real ability to beat a man.

I think the solution today is to play faster but that's easier said than done.

Maddison is playing deeper more with Kulusevski also on the pitch. His role requires him to play with less risk more of the time.

Imo he's still trying to do the more risky things when he gets on the ball further forward, but it happens less with Kulusevski in the team. Particularly in a game like this.

Back