• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Bayer Leverkusen vs Mighty Spurs

Getting better as the game goes on, Leverkusen can't keep this press up all night and our lads can run for 90 and not stop. Can see us getting the chances and goals second half.

And is it just me but are European referees getting worse?

It's not just you.

A decent half for me. We looked a bit nervy/sloppy early on, but we have dominated the last 25 minutes or so and put together some neat attacking moves. It's just that final ball or finishing touch again that is lacking (and a bit of luck). I couldn't believe that double chance for Janssen and Lamela didn't end with a goal. Janssen should do better to be honest, but Lamela's effort hitting the exact spot where the goalkeeper was stood was just bad luck. Defensively we have looked solid except when we have put ourself in trouble trying to play out from the back.

Having seen all teams in the group now, I am convinced we are the best football team in the group, but we need to take advantage of our dominance in games and actually get the points on board. I expect Leverkusen to up their game in the second half, though, so we must be wary of that.

Typical champions league game - won't get a lot of chances, gotta take them.
Unlucky with the bar twice. Alli will free should have scored - goes in 7/10.
But chances will come.

They get shape behind the ball well, bit like Sunderland, and are happy to push us wide, which is always defendable. Need someone like Sissoko or Dembele to run at them centrally - get them on their heals and affect their shape.

We deserve a win right now, but a draw would be fine in the greater scheme of things...having said that, we DO need to take the chances we are creating.

Back