• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Bayer Leverkusen vs Mighty Spurs

Where the hell is wimmer?

A key part of our system is the cross field pass from the centre backs to begin stretching the opposition. It's going to be difficult for Wimmer or JV to do that playing on the right, particularly if they are pressed as heavily as Bayer will.

Wimmer needs a loan. I think he is better, more experienced than CCV. But Poch is taken with CCV. So there is the pecking order and Wimmer needs a loan.

Good team we put out, and with options from the bench. We'll give them a hard game. A draw would be OK, a win would be fantastic. 2-1 Spurs. Son and Janssen.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Wimmer needs a loan. I think he is better, more experienced than CCV. But Poch is taken with CCV. So there is the pecking order and Wimmer needs a loan.

Kind of agree actually. If JV is out Wimmer is straight in, but if Toby is out it is Dier then CCV he has to contend with.

Of course the flip side is we do need left footed cover if Jan is out. It's a tough one.

Where the hell is wimmer?

Surely something has gone on behind the scenes over the close season. He hardly put a foot wrong while covering for Vertonghen, and then got dropped to the bench as soon as JV was available.
Maybe he had words with Pochettino over it and it has caused a slight rift between them?

If Wimmer is happy to wait for his chance, then there's no way we should loan him out. Having a player of his quality to cover for Jan could make a huge difference to our season.

Sitting in the corporate free drinks area in Leverkusen wondering why Wimmer isn't on the bench. Without Dembele I'd take a draw.

OS team:
Lloris
Trippier - Dier - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama
Alli - Eriksen - Son - Lamela
Janssen​

Subs:
Vorm
Carter-Vickers
Davies
Dembele
Onomah
Sissoko
Winks​

Good attack minded side. Positive from Poch. We must be at it right from the start. No slow start please.

Surely something has gone on behind the scenes over the close season. He hardly put a foot wrong while covering for Vertonghen, and then got dropped to the bench as soon as JV was available.
Maybe he had words with Pochettino over it and it has caused a slight rift between them?

I read over the international break that he spoke to the press about being frustrated by lack of game time and hinted at looking elsewhere come January. I'll find the link after the game and put it in his thread

Verts coming back in after Wimmer did such a great job is less puzzling than his current absence even from the bench. As @clownfoot said it might be down to his statement about wanting more game time. Poch has shown he likes his squad to keep it zipped and work hard.

Not convinced with that lineup to be honest.

Angriff Angriff Angriff

(apologies to any German's if that is wrong. Google trans)

Anyway COYS.

Really need to keep a close eye on Chicharito. His movement is world class, and he can make goals out of nothing. I'm a little worried about his quick feet around Verts and Dier.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Happy with the starting line up. Bench looks thin but to be expected when we are missing key players. Feeling sorry for big Kev, should be on the bench.

This, tbh. I'm getting more and more baffled as to what he's done wrong to be treated like this, or (alternately) just what CCV's shown in training to merit a spot on the bench over him. Still, Poch knows best, I suppose.

That music sends a frisson of excitement down my spine. Shiver me timbers and COYS!!

Always said we deal badly with the high press (like when we played liverpool).Unless we can impose ourselves on them first, we can quickly start looking very ordinary.

We do have Dembele though as a viable solution and game changer from the bench.

Back