• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Bayer Leverkusen vs Mighty Spurs

alekaras

The ITK of IDK
What da &%$@! is the matter with you people? Less than 24 hours to kick-off and no OMT yet? We had OMTs up and running earlier than this for bloody EL ties in Karabukistan and now that we're in CL we can't be bothered?

You don't even deserve specifics. Consider yourselves lucky I mentioned who we're playing against in the thread title.

cXEthz6mvn4D6.gif

Am surprised that Walker hasn't travelled at all, shame really as he is the man this season

For me it shows that Poch is prioritising the league over the CL

For me it shows that Poch is prioritising the league over the CL

Sensible if true...but he has to keep the squad motivated...

I realize that we can't play the same eleven in every match, but I disagree with the policy of resting Walker in the CL, just like I did before the CSKA game. It would have made more sense to me to rest him against WBA or Bournemouth. The Champions League group stage is only six game longs. A defeat tomorrow can prove to be very costly. We did keep a clean sheet in Moscow, but Trippier was the weak link in that team. He struggled defenisvely on his side.

I realize that we can't play the same eleven in every match, but I disagree with the policy of resting Walker in the CL, just like I did before the CSKA game. It would have made more sense to me to rest him against WBA or Bournemouth. The Champions League group stage is only six game longs. A defeat tomorrow can prove to be very costly. We did keep a clean sheet in Moscow, but Trippier was the weak link in that team. He struggled defenisvely on his side.

Sadly I think England shafted us. Both FBs played virtually every minute, thus Poch probably feels he has to rest one and one. I am guessing he does not want to rest both at once.

Sadly I think England shafted us. Both FBs played virtually every minute, thus Poch probably feels he has to rest one and one. I am guessing he does not want to rest both at once.

Wasn't Bertrand injured? I don't think Rose would have started both games if Bertrand was fit.

Would happily take a point from this one as it keeps us above Leverkusen and keeps us in touch with being top of the group. I don't think Poch will settle for a point though and can see us going there with the intention of taking all 3 points.

Get a new avatar man!

I'm not one to question Poch, but I think Trippier in the WBA match and saving Walker for Bayer would have made sense. Cue a 4-0 destruction of Leverkusen with 1 goal, 3 assists, and two clearances off the line by Kieran.

Tough game, probably the toughest of the group. Schmidt employs an incredible press, so should be a fascinating tactical battle. They literally hound the ball from the clips I've seen (remember them losing a game 5-4, think Son got a hattrick).

Their home form is also very good I believe. We'd do well to come away with a win, but we are capable and it would do wonders for our self belief.

Lloris

Trippier Dier Vertonghen Rose

Wanyama Dembele

Lamela Alli Eriksen

Son

Subs:
Vorm, Wimmer, CCV, Davies, GKN, Sissoko, Janssen

Edit - Walker hasn't travelled, so scrap that!

I think Walker can play this one. He'll get a break after the Bournemouth game. I'd give Alli a break though, bring him off the bench if we need him.

-----------lloris
trippier----dier----vert---rose
------wanyama---dembele
--sissoko----eriksen----lamela
------------son

subs: vorm, wimmer, ccv, davies, gkn, alli, janssen.

If he hasn't gone to Germany it might be a knock and not rotation.

Would happily take a point from this one as it keeps us above Leverkusen and keeps us in touch with being top of the group. I don't think Poch will settle for a point though and can see us going there with the intention of taking all 3 points.

A point would be good, but I expect us to go for the win.

Quite close to a must not lose game... Though not quite.

Back