• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official 'Why is there no Lyon OMT?' OMT ***

If we're to go through and meet INter in the next round, our second leg is scheduled for Mar. 14. At present , we're also scheduled to play Fulham on Saturday the 16. So would the Fulham match get bumped to Sunday?

I'm mildly concerned about the way fixtures are beginning to pile up. If Liverpool are still fancying their top four chances, they have a strategic advantage tomorrow night. They kick off two hours after we do, so they'd know the result. They're already down 2-0 to a good side. So if they want a clear advantage heading into our visit to Anfield, they just run the scrubs out against Zenit. Then they've got an entire week off to prepare for us while we have to play Inter the Thursday before(I'm assuming it's at WHL. UEFA site isn't totally clear about who's home first).

But, as mentioned above, Inter are in bad form and scrabbling to hang on to a top three finish, which would be made even sweeter if they grab it because it will likely come at rival Milan's expense.

Lotta permutations here.

Last edited:
If we're to go through and meet INter in the next round, our second leg is scheduled for Mar. 14. At present , we're also scheduled to play Fulham on Saturday the 16. So would the Fulham match get bumped to Sunday?

I'm mildly concerned about the way fixtures are beginning to pile up. If Liverpool are still fancying their top four chances, they have a strategic advantage tomorrow night. They kick off two hours after we do, so they'd know the result. They're already down 2-0 to a good side. So if they want a clear advantage heading into our visit to Anfield, they just run the scrubs out against Zenit. Then they've got an entire week off to prepare for us while we have to play Inter the Thursday before(I'm assuming it's at WHL. UEFA site isn't totally clear about who's home first).

But, as mentioned above, Inter are in bad form and scrabbling to hang on to a top three finish, which would be made even sweeter if they grab it because it will likely come at rival Milan's expense.

Lotta permutations here.

I'm pretty sure the game would get moved to Sunday if we progress tomorrow night.

Re: Liverpool. I can see what you're getting at if they were playing the day after it might be a remote possibilty they might consider playing a weakened team, but our match will only finish about 10 minutes before the ko at Anfield, too late to make wholeseale changes.

If they wanted to gain an advantage like you are suggesting, they could always play a weaker X1 in the 1st leg of the next round if they progress

And as luck would have it, they would advance to play a winnable tie against the winner of Basle (2 - 0) Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, playing tomorrow in Ukraine.

SPURS TEAM NEWS:

There are no changes on the injury front going into Thursday night's Europa League Round of 32, second leg in Lyon.

However, Andre Villas-Boas had positive news to report at Lyon's Stade de Gerland on Wednesday night with the possibility that Jermain Defoe could return to training next week.

The striker picked up an ankle injury at West Brom on February 3.

"Hopefully he'll be back on Monday, but we don't want to rush any decision," said Andre.

Jermain remains out for the time being though and is joined on the sidelines by Sandro, Younes Kaboul and Tom Huddlestone - all three have knee injuries.

I'm hearing reports about Spurs fans being attacked in Lyon.

I hope it's nothing serious but these things are becoming a very disturbing habit.

Edit:According to eye witnesses 200 masked men lined street in Lyon to attack pub Spurs fans were drinking in ahead of Europa League clash.

Last edited:

I hope it's nothing serious but these things are becoming a very disturbing habit.

Edit:According to eye witnesses 200 masked men lined street in Lyon to attack pub Spurs fans were drinking in ahead of Europa League clash.

THis popped up on my facebook feed - a mate's brother who is out there...

200 Spurs fans in pub been attacked out of absolute nothing in Lyon. French fans are vile scum. Spurs fans been bottled and stabbed. No doubt UEFA will fine us! Kick these ****s out of football

Last edited:

200 sounds a lot to me. But trouble doesnt surprise me at all.

Is it me or have we lost the ability to fight back? fudge me 200 spurs fans in a pub should easily be able to hold their own

EDIT: I was in a pub for Twente away and we was attacked.
There was only 20-30 of us against about 150 but we gave as good as we got.

THis popped up on my facebook feed - a mate's brother who is out there...

200 Spurs fans in pub been attacked out of absolute nothing in Lyon. French fans are vile scum. Spurs fans been bottled and stabbed. No doubt UEFA will fine us! Kick these ****s out of football

Spursalot - thats what I saw

Spursalot - thats what I saw

Fair...

https://twitter.com/Katspur71

"Well I guess a few of you decided to come to the Smoking Dog. It is now full and louder than any away pub ever #coys"

"Spurs security. We need urgent help."

"Smoking Dog urgently."

"We're trapped in the back and chairs are coming through the window."

"Lyon stormed pub. We're trapped in the back. No police."

"Spurs security are here. Ambulances on the way. Will update soon."

"Police here. Ambulances here. Seems to have calmed down. Hearsay it was French fascists. Tbc."

"Can I say, for the record, @SpursOfficial 's representatives were on the scene in 5 minutes. Thank you. Glad you were here. #Coys"

For those who don't want to go on Twitter..

Last edited:
It was so scary & frantic that they had time to tweet that they were under attack.
Sounds like a woman who brick herself after a french clown shoe chucked a pint over someone.

Try going to Donetsk and being molotov c0cktailed

EDIT - For the record, i've heard a completely different story from a man, not a hormonal woman.
My mate who is out there - "It was a brief stand off, spurs chased them off"

It was so scary & frantic that they had time to tweet that they were under attack.
Sounds like a woman who brick herself after a french clown shoe chucked a pint over someone.

Try going to Donetsk and being molotov ****tailed.

EDIT - For the record, i've heard a completely different story from a man, not a hormonal woman.
My mate who is out there - "It was a brief stand off, spurs chased them off"

That's exactly the same story. The spurs security arrived and chased them off. Five minutes. Yup a brief stand off.

Says a lot about you that you believe what a man says over a 'hormonal woman'...

Especially amusing when they say basically the same thing.

Last edited:
That's exactly the same story. The spurs security arrived and chased them off.

Says a lot about you that you believe what a man says over a 'hormonal woman'...

Hardly. Women see situations differently. If it was to kick off (I.e, a chair coming through the window from 20 fellas, which is the number i've heard)...I wouldnt make such a big deal out of it and pretend its bigger than it is. You get it everywhere.

Again repeating what i've said, i've heard its an absolute nothing story. Nothing compared to Lazio away.

Going into the opposition's "territory" getting drunk and shouting the odds(I don't buy that they're all there for a quiet drink) it's just asking for trouble. Or I guess it's just a coincidence that wherever our fans go they end up being attacked for no reason.

BushHill, you're aware football isn't about fighting, right?

Where have I said football is all about fighting or glorified it?
Im just trying to put my point across that this so called source is talking absolute crap and trying to make this out to be something terrifying when the truth is far from that.

I spoke to my mate a few minutes ago (See earlier post) and he said it was just 20 geezers who got a bit rowdy throwing brick and eventually got chased off by spurs fans and a few spurs stewards. Spurs "Security" doesnt exist.

Last edited:
Back