• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

The gamepad looks like it will give console gamers more possibilities similar to gaming on a PC while maintaining what makes Wii special.

Wii U looks poor, another party game console.

All 3 main conferences were shockingly bad, thank GHod for Ubisoft

Call of Duty: Black ops 2

[video=youtube;i2gVBe0airU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2gVBe0airU[/video]

Wow. Shockingly bad. Treyarch are continually ruining Call of Duty's reputation. CoD 3 = awful, World at War = Terrible, Black ops = a disaster, And now this...deary me...

r.e. D3 disciples

Have you all managed to reach Nightmare by now? How about an eveninng group session some time?

Last edited:
r.e. D3 disciples

Have you all managed to reach Nightmare by now? How about an eveninng group sessions some time?

I'm only level 22 on Act 2 atm so not on Nightmare just yet lol

As for the COD video... Should change it's name to MOD! Coz thats all it is, same game with a different skin every year... just a high production value mod but sold at full price!

I'm only level 22 on Act 2 atm so not on Nightmare just yet lol

I wonder if different difficulty levels can join games

EDIT: apparently I can join a lower difficulty but you can't come up

Will add you tonight if I remember - missus is out so I can jam a bit. When are you generally on?

Last edited:
Loads more which I'm sure others will think of but those are the ones that immediately leap from my head. Kinda wish that there would be modern versions of more of those, there already is with some, but maybe the magic of remembering how good those were would be lost when playing the modern equivalents.

so why not just play the originals again - reboots are never the same anyway?

you might recognise some of these i guess...

Will add you tonight if I remember - missus is out so I can jam a bit. When are you generally on?

Yeah, you can always go down and help level up a lower character (and grind bosses ;) )

Not sure when I'm about next for a long stint but I'll jump in when I am... btw: Papa, thanks for the massive custard pie to my friend request :D

I just get on when I can... I work shifts generally during the night which makes hooking up for online games a tad difficult. But I'll try get on before work a couple times if I can

Call of Duty: Black ops 2

[video=youtube;i2gVBe0airU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2gVBe0airU[/video]

Wow. Shockingly bad. Treyarch are continually ruining Call of Duty's reputation. CoD 3 = awful, World at War = Terrible, Black ops = a disaster, And now this...deary me...
That genuinely looks like a tinkletake. Seriously. It looks like someone has made a satirical trailer ripping the brick out of COD. I'm 1:30 in and we've:

- had a guy close to death receiving treatment
- spoken directly to the president
- mentioned the fall of capitalist governments (WTF)
- had a slow mo missile explosion
- had a slow-mo gun loading
- mentioned the evil foreign sounding guy

fudging hilarious

the last cod killed it for me. they basically removed all strategy and made it a pure reflex fps. people spawning from all angles and all based around about four direct routes with no cover.

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

Yeah, you can always go down and help level up a lower character (and grind bosses ;) )

Not sure when I'm about next for a long stint but I'll jump in when I am... btw: Papa, thanks for the massive custard pie to my friend request :D

I am pretty sure I've tried to add a bunch of you who've posted your IDs... I changed mine by the way: HotSpur#1474
Never got any confirmations, so I'm not sure if it's due to global play or whatever.

I've spent a stupid amount of time with this game. Trying to get through Act 2 Inferno but I keep getting my ass handed to me (60 monk). Certain elite pack combinations make me tinkle my pants, although if my Barbarian friend is tanking, I can usually survive a bit longer. It might not be a bad idea to start a thread just for D3 that could act as a /trade channel since finding good gear can be difficult/expensive.

That genuinely looks like a tinkletake. Seriously. It looks like someone has made a satirical trailer ripping the brick out of COD. I'm 1:30 in and we've:

- had a guy close to death receiving treatment
- spoken directly to the president
- mentioned the fall of capitalist governments (WTF)
- had a slow mo missile explosion
- had a slow-mo gun loading
- mentioned the evil foreign sounding guy

fudging hilarious

I also noticed a significant amount of "OMG that was close!!" near death moments all in the space of bout 6mins gameplay!! It's like Micheal Bay on speed!!!

If that had been a film I would have walked out. I generally avoid anything by Michael Bay though.

Hopefully they realise the "franchise" (terrible word) is done before they completely destroy what was once a good name. Not holding my breath though.

Which was the one where the SAS bloke launched a nuclear weapon from a submarine (for reasons that escape me)? MW2? That was the last one I bothered with.

Hopefully they realise the "franchise" (terrible word) is done before they completely destroy what was once a good name. Not holding my breath though.

Which was the one where the SAS bloke launched a nuclear weapon from a submarine (for reasons that escape me)? MW2? That was the last one I bothered with.

got worse after that, you know a game is fundamentally wrong when people run around with sniper rifles firing at you from about five yards away

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

They seem to have a fixation with 'bigger is better'. I can't be enough just to hunt down and kill one terrorist. Now in every game the whole fudging world is at stake. You get sensitised to brick blowing up pretty quickly; after a million times there's nothing impressive or exciting about a helicopter crashing into something. Every game the devastation is just immeasurable, and the gameplay is second to making brick blow up, creating implausibly important story lines and painful super slow-mo 'I'm nearly dead' type scenes. Shame.

Back