• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

Keeper sweeping.

Only needed because Jenas (I think) gave the ball away dangerously close to the gaping hole in our defence. We managed to get that clear, then Benny tries a double drag-back and it's gone again.

These things will be punished much, much quicker with the new system. I'm surprised they haven't noticed yet.

Fortunate that they're not our starting midfield.

Unfortunate that neither of our starting midfield has been through pre-season with us.

I think I'd bring on Hudd and have him sit in front of the back two. Give the defence an out ball at least.

I haven't seen bale on the left wing once yet. fudge knows what hes doing.

He started out on the left, made a couple of dangerous runs and looked strong. We saw that was working, so immediately decided to switch wings with Lennon to ensure that didnt happen again.

Jenas is a fudging joke. What the fudge is AVB doing playing all the time in preseason?! Its a disgrace. The player is a disgrace. He is so fudging bad it makes me want to smash my face in the monitor. So frustrating, i really thought we were shot with that useless ****! But no, here is again to be completely and utterly inept at every fudging thing he tries to do - he can't run with the ball, he can't pass, shoot, awful movement, no fudging awareness.... ARGH!!!!!

Anyways, other than that I think we're okay actually. Defoe doesn't help, no holdup at all so it's pointless him being there really, we've dominate possession, we'd dominate even more with Adebayor. Personally, I'm confident with a few signings we're on to something here, but the fine margins it is, without them we're average. Defoe, Jenas and Livermore simplyy aren't good enough to rely on week in week out. Jeans just need to fudge off completely out of this squad.

Fitness-wise, there's no problem. And if we were still managed by Harry, we would probably be fine. However ,we're playing a completely new tactical system, with a new manager and a new approach to pressing and defensive duties immediately in front of the high back line.

Expecting him to get all that in, what, a week? Seems rather hopeful to me.

He knows how to play centre midfield however AVB wants him to play. I see your POV though just don't agree with it.

He started out on the left, made a couple of dangerous runs and looked strong. We saw that was working, so immediately decided to switch wings with Lennon to ensure that didnt happen again.

Keeping our opponents guessing, luring them into a false sense of comfort. i like it!

Anyways, other than that I think we're okay actually. Defoe doesn't help, no holdup at all so it's pointless him being there really, we've dominate possession, we'd dominate even more with Adebayor. Personally, I'm confident with a few signings we're on to something here, but the fine margins it is, without them we're average. Defoe, Jenas and Livermore simplyy aren't good enough to rely on week in week out. Jeans just need to fudge off completely out of this squad.

Do not blame Defoe, he has proved that he plays his best football with a partner and his worse football up front on his own, so what do we do..............

True.

We look a bit rusty, but played some very nice stuff for 20 mins til they scored

No surprise that Jenas is timid with or without the ball and causes us more problems than them
No surprise that the wingers switched wings and our game immediately shut down
No surprise that Friedel is scared when he has to kick it

But otherwise we looked alright in patches

He knows how to play centre midfield however AVB wants him to play. I see your POV though just don't agree with it.

Fair enough. I would wager that he'd be less effective than, say, Livermore would be for at least the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, though. Still worth starting him, mind.

Lennon is looking good. Seems strange that even with the high line they are winning the second balls. You'd think that by squeezing the space we'd be odds on to pick up the loose scraps. Then again with Jenas in there its hardly suprising.

The lack of an outball for the centre backs is concerning. Although, as everyone has pointed out, its far from our first choice midfield. I'm quite liking the early movement up front: Gylfi, Bale and Lennon are all making positive forward runs which bodes well for the future.

The half of football with the highest intensity so far in our pre-season, as it should be.

Really need some creativity and purpose in the centre of midfield. Our buildup against an organized Valencia is just not near good enough. Ekotto tries and is hit and miss, Vertonghen has brought the ball forward well a couple of times, but our central duo just adds so very little. (Man, could have copy-pasted that from earlier in the thread)

Up until the goal we were doing well though, through pressing and some corners and set plays we looked alright.

Our pressing is taking shape, but we leave an out ball from the goalkeeper to a winger that seems way too easy to play. Not sure what is up with that.

I know this is a "no brick Sherlock moment", but in the first third we need a "Llorente/Leandro" type player, we need Sandro to boss the midfield and we need a Lloris/Cesar" type 'keeper between the sticks.

Any half decent premier league outfit would tear us apart on that overall showing!

I like that Vertonghen tries to play out of a tight spot rather than hoof it, but I can see this leading to a few goals against this season as a result.

Ben Arfa and Cisse are going to have a field day if we play like that. There's a lot of work to be done on the training pitch in the next week based on that defensive performance in the first half

Jenas is a fudging joke. What the fudge is AVB doing playing all the time in preseason?! Its a disgrace. The player is a disgrace. He is so fudging bad it makes me want to smash my face in the monitor. So frustrating, i really thought we were shot with that useless ****! But no, here is again to be completely and utterly inept at every fudging thing he tries to do - he can't run with the ball, he can't pass, shoot, awful movement, no fudging awareness.... ARGH!!!!!

There's been fudge all for him to hold up. Get crap out of your system by all means but dont make brick up.

Back