• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

fudging hell. What a game.

Officials pretty fudging terrible but it was great drama. Dortmund not really at their best throughout the tie but really look forward to seeing them playing again in the CL. Feel for the Malaga players, must be gut-wrenching

Losing it like that has got to hurt . Not been a good week for them and their manager.
http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/malaga-plane-hit-by-lightning-as-coach-manuel-pellegrini-mourns-father-s-death-in-nightmare-week-1.1168101

You watched just 25 mins which happened to be Gala's best period of the game. Hardly a fair opinion on tonight's performance then

Thing is I've never seen the player all the fans gush about and I have watched him countless times playing for us. Like I've said many times good playerbut not exceptional. Maybe he' just ordinary when he knows I'm watching;)

Last edited:
Thing is I've never seen the player all the fans gush about and I have watched him countless times playing for us. Like I've said many times good playerbut not exceptional.

Fair enough. I guess we all like different things about the game and appreciate different things. Most spurs fans I know really do appreciate a proponent of the spurs push and run philosophy. Modric was absolutely every inch born to play for Spurs.

Have to feel for the man.

Seems like an excellent manager, with Malaga banned from Europe next season I wonder if he will be on the move. Think he's been linked to England in the past, but I seem to remember people saying that he doesn't speak English at all.

BHcCg_QCIAAMwEw.png

The poor faces.

Can someone explain to me how Santana was offside at the end there? Commentators all seemed to be saying as he was beyond the Goalkeeper he was off, but surely it's the last defender, who happens to be behind the goal line that counts? Am I completely wrong in that thought?

Can someone explain to me how Santana was offside at the end there? Commentators all seemed to be saying as he was beyond the Goalkeeper he was off, but surely it's the last defender, who happens to be behind the goal line that counts? Am I completely wrong in that thought?

needs to be two players, the goalie plus one to be onside (or if not goalie any two players)

Nope. Offside if he's ahead of the second to last player, doesn't matter if the last player is the goalie or an outfield player. Also doesn't matter if the attacking player is also ahead of the last player.

Question for that one is if it's a new situation after the ball comes off the Malaga player on the line. Either it way there was a slight offside when the original cross came in so should have been disallowed.

Klopp was just interviewed on the telly, smile going around his head. Seems like a great guy and one of the most talented young(ish) coaches in the world. Hope he stays in Germany :)

Klopp for me is the best manager in the world this moment.

He's created this unbelievable Dortmund side who play unreal stuff. Sure, he is miles off Bayern in the league but he wants the Champions League, you can tell. He is absolutely hungry for it. They play perhaps the best football in the world at the moment and they have great talents in the time like Reus, Gotze, Lewandowski, Hummels, Subotic, Gundogan, Kuba etc.

OptaFranz ‏@OptaFranz 23m
10 - Dortmund haven't lost any of the last 10 matches in the CL (6 victories, 4 draws) - a new club record. Historical.

Thing is I've never seen the player all the fans gush about and I have watched him countless times playing for us. Like I've said many times good playerbut not exceptional. Maybe he' just ordinary when he knows I'm watching;)

Your not alone mate. He's a very good player but not world class IMO.

This is where I know I am in the minority of Spurs fans, in that I don't see the fuss myself. When you have the likes of Ronaldo, Drogba, Ozil, Sneider De Maria etc Modric just does not stand out for me.

Modric' modest goal output (whilst he did score some beauties for us he'd scuff about 10 easier chances for each one) is the one thing that stops him being in the very top bracket of players but his ability to pick out a pass (something we've lacked this season) combined with his ability to beat a player to create some space and his tackling back made him the best all round midfielder to play for us in recent years imo.

I said Modric was some player. I never once said he would outshine the likes of Messi or Cristiano. So I think his reputation as a very very good footballer is well deserved.

Just finished watching the Dortmund game. fudge me that was a great game. That game is the reason why I love football. fudging brilliant.

Might I also say that the Dortmund coach is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Never heard him interviewed before but the guy is only tethered to sanity by a very thin thread.

Back