• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Just need to Milan to finish the job, so happy ...

Why would you be happy about Barcelona losing to Milan? We might need Barcelona again to stop Arsenal and ManU. Afterall they did that 3 times in recent years. Compared this to Milan who bottled a 3-0 lead to lose to Liverpool. Lost any respect to Milan after that. When it comes to CL, it must be Anything But English teams, unless we are in it !

Why would you be happy about Barcelona losing to Milan? We might need Barcelona again to stop Arsenal and ManU. Afterall they did that 3 times in recent years. Compared this to Milan who bottled a 3-0 lead to lose to Liverpool. Lost any respect to Milan after that. When it comes to CL, it must be Anything But English teams, unless we are in it !

You do understand that continous absence of English teams in the later stages of the CL would eventually result in UEFA taking away 4th as qualification spot (much like what happened in Serie A vs. Bundesliga)

You do understand that continous absence of English teams in the later stages of the CL would eventually result in UEFA taking away 4th as qualification spot (much like what happened in Serie A vs. Bundesliga)

But you can't say.. I cheer on all English teams EXCEPT towards the end because I don't want them to win it but I DO want England to keep it's 4 qualifying spots because it might help us sneak in as the 4th best team in the league!? That's a bit weird... If it drops to 3 (or 2) spots because City, Chelsea, Le Arse are completely brick and go out early etc then so be it.. I dream of the days Spurs have glory again in Europe, I don't want all our rivals to be able to say they've been there done that.. the worse they perform the bigger the acclaim we'll get when we are able to get to these later stages and hopefully win it some day! (even if that means we have to finish top 2 or whatever to qualify) :eek:

I cheer any team playing Barcelona

Continous quarter / semi-final presence would be good enough to keep the coefficient high, with the occasional Utd final

I cheer any team playing Barcelona

Continous quarter / semi-final presence would be good enough to keep the coefficient high, with the occasional Utd final

You missed my point, You want other teams to do well just so England keeps getting 4 places and we can sneak in by only scraping 4th?
Surely you should want Spurs to think f**k 4th, if we're striving to be the best in Europe then we shouldn't give a flying f**k about 4th place in England??
Where's your sense of spirit Arc lol!!

Sadly mate, there are currently about 5 clubs who can trump just about any wage offer we place on the table, leaving us 6th in line - so finishing ahead of any 2 of them is a mighty ask as it is. Finishing ahead of 3 of them - monumental.

Sadly, there are currently about 5 clubs who can trump just about any wage offer we place on the table, leaving us 6th in line - so finishing ahead of any 2 of them is a might ask as it is. Finishing ahead of 3 of them - monumental.

I know... I know....
You're a realist I get it ;)

Well, after last season's intergalactic qunting (13 point collapse, Chelsea's lucky run) - I find it hard to believe anything would go our way again. :)

It was fun checking out the Gala-Schalke game just to get a look at Gala's new stadium. Gala's scored early, place was rocking. Kept trying to picture Spurs in that sort of setting.

Looks like the away seats are in the upper deck and enclosed by tall plexiglass screens. We should do that in the new stadium. Roof on top as well.

Last edited:
The Gala stadium looked epic last night - they were unlucky not to be 2:0 early on

Drogba still looks every part the top striker he was last season - phenomenal physical presence in the final third

The Gala stadium looked epic last night - they were unlucky not to be 2:0 early on

Drogba still looks every part the top striker he was last season - phenomenal physical presence in the final third

There is some talk now that Drogba shouldn't have been playing. He was ineligible for some reason. Interesting to see how that pans out.

Superb result in Milan last night - hopefully they can hold out in Spain 2 weeks later and complete the job

I don't care who wins, but that results sets it up very nicely for an entertaining second game I think so very happy about it. A 1-2 goal Barca win and the second game would have been pretty much superfluous.

It was fun checking out the Gala-Schalke game just to get a look at Gala's new stadium. Gala's scored early, place was rocking. Kept trying to picture Spurs in that sort of setting.

Looks like the away seats are in the upper deck and enclosed by tall plexiglass screens. We should do that in the new stadium. Roof on top as well.

I was also watching that game, half watching at least. First half was great, both teams going for it, neither team could defend. Schalke really impressed me with some great team play. If they can get that going again they could go far. Gala wasn't as impressive, Drogba was great, Sneijder was rather invisible.

Bundesliga side Schalke 04 have lodged a protest with Uefa over Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba's participation in their 1-1 Champions League draw.

The European governing body said its disciplinary panel would investigate the matter but had not yet set a date.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21535933

fudging muppets at Uefa should have gotten this done and dusted before Drogba played his first match for Galatasaray.

Smacks of an inept organisation.

Bundesliga side Schalke 04 have lodged a protest with Uefa over Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba's participation in their 1-1 Champions League draw.

The European governing body said its disciplinary panel would investigate the matter but had not yet set a date.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21535933

fudging muppets at Uefa should have gotten this done and dusted before Drogba played his first match for Galatasaray.

Smacks of an inept organisation.

Galatasaray have done nothing wrong, he was registered in their CL squad and isn't cup tied as he hasn't played in europe.

Back