• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Still not bothered watching the new thor film. Enjoyed the antman films and bill Murray is a GHod so might get back on the horse. Just marvel seems meh since endgame.

Speaking of Bill Murray, He seems to be the latest celeb to be getting cancelled. Have you seen people are starting come out to complain about his past behaviour lately

Speaking of Bill Murray, He seems to be the latest celeb to be getting cancelled. Have you seen people are starting come out to complain about his past behaviour lately

Is anyone in the least surprised about that?
I'm not, never liked the man, always struck me a bully hiding behind humour.

He's been a dingdong. Not committed crimes or anything so don't really care. It's what he does on screen that counts.

Please GHod, just make the Marvel films and TV shows stop.

Nah I used to be a hater on the MCU side of things, having much preferred the more gritty DC films of the time like Sin City, V for Vendetta, Dredd etc

I do get the Scorsese arguments to a certain extent but it's just fun at the end of the day + the scope of what they've done is impressive, as DC have now shown it's not easy to get a whole film universe pulling in one direction with casting / directors.

They may never reach endgame levels again, still don't think we can blame them for wanting to do other major stories in the comics in the same manner with the new generation...If it's Gunn that's directed it I'm pretty sure the special will be excellent (much like Guardians 3 hopefully).

Nah I used to be a hater on the MCU side of things, having much preferred the more gritty DC films of the time like Sin City, V for Vendetta, Dredd etc

I do get the Scorsese arguments to a certain extent but it's just fun at the end of the day + the scope of what they've done is impressive, as DC have now shown it's not easy to get a whole film universe pulling in one direction with casting / directors.

They may never reach endgame levels again, still don't think we can blame them for wanting to do other major stories in the comics in the same manner with the new generation...If it's Gunn that's directed it I'm pretty sure the special will be excellent (much like Guardians 3 hopefully).

I agree to an extent but it’s just too much for me, there’s too much money to leave on the table to take a break for say 1-2 years but I’m
Just burnt out with them now and the quality has taken a nose dive.

I agree to an extent but it’s just too much for me, there’s too much money to leave on the table to take a break for say 1-2 years but I’m
Just burnt out with them now and the quality has taken a nose dive.

Stop watching them. If enough do, they won't make money so will make something else.

I love most of the marvel content whether it’s films or tv but I must admit I think there’s been a decline in quality in the films since Endgame which I guess was sort of inevitable. Absolutely loved Spider-Man No Way Home, but the rest of phase 4 has been underwhelming. NWH was just a great, entertaining movie. No preachy agendas or anything like that. I also feel I watch a lot of the shows purely because I don’t want to be out of the loop or not know what’s going on when Ms Marvel rocks up in a film. I did really enjoy She/Hulk though. I largely ignored all the nonsense re people complaining about the character being a woman, it was entertaining and a little different from the recent offerings, the cameos were great too. I’ll watch anything if it’s well written, well acted, well directed etc regardless of who’s in it.

Not exactly new, but The Guy Ritchie film "The Gentlemen" is absolutely brilliant! It's hilarious! Some brilliant characters, and Hugh Grant is fantastic! Highly recommended it. It's on amazon prime now.

Back