• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Naija just pm'd me saying he started the thread first haha !!!

We should be more concerned with JD than who started the thread first

Electrocuted while diving into a swimming pool - wtf!?

***me, that makes me so angry.

My wife was electrocuted whilst having a shower a while back (but luckily was OK after a night in hospital) and after lot's of investigation we discovered one thing; this type of accident can only happen if someone has fudged up.

For someone to lose their life because some lazy ****s can't be bothered to make sure the pool is wired safely is a disgrace.

Thoughts go out to Defoes family and poor girl involved.

Thats such a tragic thing to happen. JD has had enough to contend with and now this. Thought's are with you.

Dad, Nan, Brother and 2 cousins all die within a few years. Absolutely heartbreaking stuff for Jermain and i pray he recovers (again).

Christ, that's awful, a beautiful young woman taken away like that. What a thing to have on your conscience for those responsible—so senseless.

Villas-Boas added: ‘He always has this killer instinct. He scored in midweek for his country, scored for us during pre-season and again here.
‘He is showing that touch that we need up front. Jermain accepts that we are looking for one more striker because the team is in need of that, but when we have them all together the quality of the player is tremendous.
‘It is a different situation for him now. I have nothing to do with anything that happened in the past. He is our striker, is playing extremely well, is full of confidence and has been deadly in front of goal.’

Villas-Boas added: ‘He always has this killer instinct. He scored in midweek for his country, scored for us during pre-season and again here.
‘He is showing that touch that we need up front. Jermain accepts that we are looking for one more striker because the team is in need of that, but when we have them all together the quality of the player is tremendous.
‘It is a different situation for him now. I have nothing to do with anything that happened in the past. He is our striker, is playing extremely well, is full of confidence and has been deadly in front of goal.’

I just wish Defoe got involved in our build-up play more. Watching Emirates Marketing Project vs Southampton, all four of their front players showed for the ball when their CMs or FBs had it. With Defoe, I think it's sometimes harder for us to get the ball into the final third because he's normally on the shoulder of the last defender. He has the physical and technical ability to be able to drop off a centre-back, receive the ball, hold the centre-back off and then release it to another player; THEN he can try and get into a goalscoring position. When he hangs around the defensive line when we have the ball in deeper positions, it's just not very useful (unless we consistently manage to play him in over the top from deep, which is very hard to do.

IMO he's better technically than Adebayor (in terms of touch, shooting, close-control etc), but Ade (as well as some physical advantages) just has far better and well-rounded movement.

Last edited:
I just wish Defoe got involved in our build-up play more. Watching Emirates Marketing Project vs Southampton, all four of their front players showed for the ball when their CMs or FBs had it. With Defoe, I think it's sometimes harder for us to get the ball into the final third because he's normally on the shoulder of the last defender. He has the physical and technical ability to be able to drop off a centre-back, receive the ball, hold the centre-back off and then release it to another player; THEN he can try and get into a goalscoring position. When he hangs around the defensive line when we have the ball in deeper positions, it's just not very useful (unless we consistently manage to play him in over the top from deep, which is very hard to do.

IMO he's better technically than Adebayor (in terms of touch, shooting, close-control etc), but Ade (as well as some physical advantages) just has far better and well-rounded movement.

yeah - keep working on it. You and the rest of the football purists, experts and rocket scientists.

If you make a list of his 100 worst failings, it makes the fact that he keeps scoring goals disappear altogether.

yeah - keep working on it. You and the rest of the football purists, experts and rocket scientists.

If you make a list of his 100 worst failings, it makes the fact that he keeps scoring goals disappear altogether.

Do you disagree with what I've said? That he doesn't get involved in build-up play as much as Adebayor? That he has the technical ability to do it? That this would help the team more?

Why do you have such an issue with people who enjoy trying to look in depth at the game (I'm referring to the expert and rocket scientists comment)? It's just something that people find interesting, and it's just an opinion. Maybe the fact that people like you are so scornful of it is reflective of the fact that the English national team are behind some of the top teams in so many ways... when I was in Spain recently, their football call-in show was about Spain's use of a 'False nine' and 'Double pivots' - phrases that you presumably think should be left to the rocket scientists?

Why do you think that Defoe has scored just 11 league goals on average over the last 6 seasons? Do you not think he has any flaws?

No need to be so sour mate. Thought elltrev made some very reasonable and constructive points.

Watching Emirates Marketing Project vs Southampton, all four of their front players showed for the ball when their CMs or FBs had it. .

I actually watch Emirates Marketing Project and think thats part of their problem, too many indivdual talents not sticking to a said role. They look to me like a team without a system who eventually fullfill their goal of winning games because of the added quality they have rather than the brilliance of their system.

Looks ok when it works but when it falls apart it does so in style...

I actually watch Emirates Marketing Project and think thats part of their problem, too many indivdual talents not sticking to a said role. They look to me like a team without a system who eventually fullfill their goal of winning games because of the added quality they have rather than the brilliance of their system.

Looks ok when it works but when it falls apart it does so in style...

It 'looked ok' when they were winning the league last year. So I guess 'it works' on a fairly regular basis?!

I don't remember Emirates Marketing Project falling apart too many times last season.

Yeh but like I said, I would attribute Emirates Marketing Project winning the league based on individual talent getting them out of jail more than the system in which they play excelling.

On the flip side, with Man United I would say having a well drilled plan and sticking to it was the reason they had the success they did last season in pushing Emirates Marketing Project with a far less talented squad.

It 'looked ok' when they were winning the league last year. So I guess 'it works' on a fairly regular basis?!

I don't remember Emirates Marketing Project falling apart too many times last season.

It didn't look 'ok' when they were crashing out of the Champions League..

Back