• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Since almost everyone except me raves about Rooney, I'd say him. At least there's others out there that have seen Walcott for what he is.

U21 Squad:

Ben Amos (Hull City - loan from Manchester United)
Jack Butland (Birmingham City)
Declan Rudd (Norwich City)
Jason Steele (Middlesbrough)
Ryan Bennett (Norwich City)
Steven Caulker (Tottenham Hotspur)
Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton)
Craig Dawson (West Bromwich Albion)
Tom Lees (Leeds United)
Jack Rodwell (Emirates Marketing Project)
Danny Rose (Sunderland - loan from Tottenham Hotspur)
Adam Smith (Tottenham Hotspur)
Andre Wisdom (Liverpool)
Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
Tom Ince (Blackpool)
Henri Lansbury (Nottingham Forest)
Jason Lowe (Blackburn Rovers)
Josh McEachran (Middlesbrough - loan from Chelsea)
Nick Powell (Manchester United)
Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool)
Raheem Sterling (Liverpool)
Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)
Nathan Delfouneso (Blackpool - loan from Aston Villa)
Marvin Sordell (Bolton Wanderers)
Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur)
Connor Wickham (Sunderland)

Really liked the look of Marvin Sordell in the olympics, got potential to be a really good all round striker. Not prolific by any means but he does seem to be able to bring others in to the game.

Think it's great that we've got three proper academy talents in the U21's.

Who would people say is the most overrated player in the England squad?

I'd say either Walcott or Rooney.

Got to be Rooney. I've often wondered had SAF not got his hands on him the Rooney we see today could be very different. SAF changed Rooney to fit Utd and as a consequence I believe sterilised some of young Rooney's greatest strengths for the team.

Rooney is overrated as a goal scoring Striker but he is a very very good player to have behind the striker. He links up play comes back and wins the ball and wants to be involved in play, he scores goals and has an eye for a pass so i would say he is not really overrated in the slightest.

wonder if lennon will get in this squad. in quite good form, playing reguarly (unlike walcott), could be a good option. remember when he tore croatia apart in the last WC qualifiers at home and everyone said he would be our danger man at the WC. shame he was brick at the WC but then they all were

Rooney is overrated as a goal scoring Striker but he is a very very good player to have behind the striker. He links up play comes back and wins the ball and wants to be involved in play, he scores goals and has an eye for a pass so i would say he is not really overrated in the slightest.

I think he is overated as an England player. He never reproduces what he does for United.

Roy Hodgson has "allowed" several players who could have played for the senior team against San Marino to be named in the U21 squad to face Serbia in a two-legged playoff.

Roy Hodgson has "allowed" several players who could have played for the senior team against San Marino to be named in the U21 squad to face Serbia in a two-legged playoff.

Although I like the idea of a full strength u21 squad, will these players all drop out (needing a rest) when it gets to the tournament!?

Forster, Hart, Ruddy;
Baines, Cahill, A Cole, Gibbs, Jagielka, G Johnson, Lescott, Walker, Shawcross;
Carrick, Cleverley, Gerrard, A Johnson, Lennon, Lampard, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott;
Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck, Carroll.

FOOTBALL
England squad for the World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Poland: Hart (Emirates Marketing Project), Ruddy (Norwich), Forster (Celtic); Baines (Everton), Cahill (Chelsea), Cole (Chelsea), Gibbs (Arsenal), Jagielka (Everton), G Johnson (Liverpool), Lescott (Emirates Marketing Project), Shawcross (Stoke), Walker (Tottenham); Carrick (Manchester United), Cleverley (Manchester United), Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Gerrard (Liverpool), A Johnson (Sunderland), Lennon (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Milner (Emirates Marketing Project), Walcott (Arsenal); Carroll (West Ham, on loan from Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United), Welbeck (Manchester United).

Has Milner been getting game time? who cares actually... at least he's helping to keep Downing out!

Back