• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

Does anyone here think Pulis will or should get another PL job?

I can see some team give him a go half way through a season to try to save them from relegation, but will a club really turn to him as their first choice?

I could even imagine most Championship clubs would say thanks, but no thanks, we'll look elsewhere.

If AVB were to move on I'd positively welcome a Tony Pulis/Charlie Adam management dream team. :^)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Alan Pardew will become the second longest-serving manager at a Premier League club - a mere two and a half years after taking charge.

I can see some team give him a go half way through a season to try to save them from relegation, but will a club really turn to him as their first choice?

I could even imagine most Championship clubs would say thanks, but no thanks, we'll look elsewhere.

aren't wasps looking for a new coach?

Pulis created a monster. So my answer is no.

Aren't Stoke the third highest spenders in the Premier League since 2008 after Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea? Their wage bill must be pretty high too and I cannot see much re-sale value in their squad.

Aren't Stoke the third highest spenders in the Premier League since 2008 after Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea? Their wage bill must be pretty high too and I cannot see much re-sale value in their squad.

Straight out of the Redknapp/Allardyce school of management: Spend high on aging, average footballers with little to no re-sale value. Complement with freebies on even higher wages.

Straight out of the Redknapp/Allardyce school of management: Spend high on ageing, average footballers with little to no re-sale value. Complement with freebies on even higher wages.

Thank you so much for the Crouch and Palacios money.

Chelsea defender Gary Cahill would welcome the anticipated return of Jose Mourinho to Stamford Bridge.

If I were him I would start worrying about my place in the side. I suppose sucking up to the new boss is a good place to start.

Second part is the more interesting, purchase price is a useless stat, as is net spend.

Time and time again the Scum scenario highlights that, they never are in the top 4 or 5 "spenders" but their wage bill is consistently in top 2 or 3.

Second part is the more interesting, purchase price is a useless stat, as is net spend.

Time and time again the Scum scenario highlights that, they never are in the top 4 or 5 "spenders" but their wage bill is consistently in top 2 or 3.

Scum's net spend is always out of whack as they got stupid prices for players like Anelka, Overmars, Petit. I'm sure I'm missing a few others. Our net spend wouldn't look too bad if we got fair value for C*ntbell.

Based on a quick google and looks at some swissramble and guardian graphs their wage to turnover seems to be around 70%. Not quite as good as ours, but not terrible either. Probably sensible for a club their size.

The point about re-sale value is a good one though. I think I'm right in saying that Begovic is likely to be their first player to move to a "top club" since Pulis took over. We've seen clubs that have spent considerably less on transfers produce much better and much more coveted players. Just look at Wigan and Swansea for example. Considering how much money Pulis has been allowed to spend on bringing in players that's pretty awful.

Net spend isn't completely useless, it must be seen in context of course though.

It does seem like their owners have injected a considerable amount of money into the club for them to be able to sign players like Kenwyne Jones, Peter Crouch, Wilson Palacios etc.

I've tried to keep track of the sackings this season and have them at 38. Then there's those that have retired or moved clubs. I'd wager at least 2/3 of all league clubs have changed manager at some point.

Wenger - 16 years, 7 months
Pardew - 2 years, 5 months
Allardyce - 1 year, 355 days
Jol - 1 year, 348 days
Mackay - 1 year, 338 days

Everyone else: 1 season or less.

That's incredible. Imagine if Arse get rid of Wenger (not highly unlikely?) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine sack Pardew (pretty likely), then the longest serving PL manager will have just two seasons in charge of his club. Wow.

I really hoped next season would be another tough one for them, skirt with relegation, maybe even go down.. if they get Hughes then I'm laying money that they do.

It is amazing how brick managers get fired then get another job. That doesnt happen in other walks of life.

Megson was one - he was fudgein brick.

hughes - :ross:

I think he's ok:
Blackburn - did well; was highly regarded
Man C - did well; weren't they 4th when he was fired and then they finished 5th?
Fulham - think he got them to 9th and left after 1 season as realistically that's about as high as they will ever finish
QPR - kept them up in first season; then admittedly spent a lot of cash of players past their sell-by date

I think he's far from useless

Back