• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

Stoke and Everton are pretty decent jobs for any up and coming manager. Question is: Will anyone be given a chance?

Stoke: In the past 4 seasons, Stoke have averaged the lowest pass success rate (66.9%) of all teams to have been in the Premier League

So now going into next season the second longest reigning manager after Wenger would be..

Alan Pardew... and he may not even be there.

BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf 20m

LIVE ODDS: Next Stoke City boss: Sir Clive Woodward 3/1 Martin Johnson 9/1 Lawrence Dallaglio 12/1 Warren Gatland 25/1 Jonny Wilkinson 50/1

Wenger - 16 years, 7 months
Pardew - 2 years, 5 months
Allardyce - 1 year, 355 days
Jol - 1 year, 348 days
Mackay - 1 year, 338 days

Everyone else: 1 season or less.

Compared to top 5 the season just gone:

Fergie - 26 years, 6 months.
Wenger - 16 years, 7 months.
Moyes - 11 years, 3 months.
Pulis - 6 years, 6 months.
Martinez - 3 years, 11 months.

Just shows how important it is for the clubs to have a clear football philosophy and transfer strategy and hire coaches that fit. Leaving everything to the manager only leads to a never ending circle of money being wasted.

Whenever I hear a pundit say that some manager have to be allowed to bring in his own players I feel like punching them in the face. It just shows how clueless they actually are and just sit there spouting cliches.

Compared to top 5 the season just gone:

Fergie - 26 years, 6 months.
Wenger - 16 years, 7 months.
Moyes - 11 years, 3 months.
Pulis - 6 years, 6 months.
Martinez - 3 years, 11 months.

Have I missed something with Martinez? Has he left Wigan?

If Pardew is now second longest serving manager.......

L'Equipe claim PSG are talking to Benitez.

Mourinho to Chelsea
Ancelotti to Real
Benitez to PSG

Does anyone here think Pulis will or should get another PL job?

I can see some team give him a go half way through a season to try to save them from relegation, but will a club really turn to him as their first choice?

I could even imagine most Championship clubs would say thanks, but no thanks, we'll look elsewhere.

Back