• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

Mark Hughes is clinging on to his job against the backdrop of civil war at Queens Park Rangers.

The 49-year-old is facing a fight after Saturday’s 3-1 home defeat by Southampton left them rooted at the foot of the Premier League table, without a win in 12 games.

On Sunday night, the QPR chief had not been given any assurances from co-owner Tony Fernandes, who had been unwavering in his public support of Hughes.

Fernandes is not due in the UK ahead of the weekend clash against Manchester United, but Sportsmail understands Rangers staff have been put on red alert in case the tycoon makes an unscheduled arrival.

Fernandes was upset at the manner of the loss to Southampton but is leaning towards giving Hughes more time, unless other directors can persuade him otherwise.

It is believed key shareholder Ruben Gnanalingam will be in the country before the match against Sir Alex Ferguson’s side, while Hughes and Fernandes are expected to have talks this week.

An unexpected arrival of Fernandes would surely spell the end for Hughes as a growing resignation descends on Loftus Road that the manager will be sacked before the visit to Old Trafford.

The former Emirates Marketing Project boss is dividing opinion at the club. Most shareholders and board members are said to have lost faith in his management.

The same group wanted Hughes out after the 1-0 defeat at Arsenal on October 27 and are seriously questioning Fernandes’s decision to stand by his manager. Many believe the key reason behind his decision not to sack Hughes is a probable hefty pay-off.

Sportsmail has also learned players have lost faith in Hughes, unimpressed with how he has addressed his side’s sorry form. The potential appointment of Harry Redknapp is openly discussed.

Representatives of the former Tottenham boss, as well as ex-Liverpool chief Rafa Benitez, have indicated their interest to QPR.

Speaking on Match of the Day, Redknapp refused to rule out becoming QPR boss: ‘Mark’s still in the position, he’s a top bloke and an excellent manager.

‘He knows what he’s about and until there’s a change, if there is one, then it would not be fair for me to discuss it.’

But even supporters slated Hughes and some of his summer signings on Saturday, chanting: ‘You’re only here for the money!’

Hughes defiantly insists Fernandes and fellow co-owner Amit Bhatia would be wrong to sack him, but has sympathised with fans who criticised his players.

‘I can understand totally the frustration of the fans and they’re well within their rights to say that but I can assure them that’s not the case,’ said Hughes.

‘Everyone is working really hard to turn this around. When you have a performance like Southampton, the fans are absolutely right to criticise, given where we are.

‘In fairness, I was of the same view. But stability is absolutely what this club needs long-term, making wholesale changes again at this club would be the wrong decision. You would expect me to say that, but I honestly believe it.’

To compound Hughes’s problems, striker Djibril Cisse was caught up in a Twitter row with a QPR fan who criticised the Frenchman.

Cisse replied with the club address and postcode, tweeting: ‘Come to the training ground, we’ll have a chat big man.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2234953/Mark-Hughes-position-causes-civil-war-QPR.html

:ross:

What a fudging joke - who do they seriously expect to attract after only offering 2 consecutive defeats and a draw as your 'credit'?

And it's official, Di Matteo has been sacked.

No matter how bad Spurs get, there will always be one club who are more of a joke.

Seriously, if you were a manager, how would you feel about getting the job at Stamford bridge?

Re: O/T Manager Sack Watch - Di Matteo gone

Man, that was my prediction this summer. Looked like I would be waaaay the fudge off at the start of the season.

Safe to assume they have someone new lined up? Hopefully the rumours of Benitez will be true instead of Guardiola.

Before the season started I was going to put a bet on Di Matteo or Steve Clarke being first Prem manager sacked, their teams currently sit 1st and 3rd, good work GD !!

Luckily I never got round to putting the bets on, the odds will be better now if I still fancy it, looking more likely Hughes / AVB / Rodgers now though tbf, most likely Hughes as the other 2 will be given a bit more time as the owners won't want to lose face sacking their men.

gonads, I should have gone with my feelings on this one.

Re: O/T Manager Sack Watch - Di Matteo gone

Chelsea said:
The team's recent performances and results have not been good enough and the owner and the Board felt that a change was necessary now to keep the club moving in the right direction as we head into a vitally important part of the season,

The club faces a difficult task ahead in qualifying for the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League as well as maintaining a strong challenge for the top of the Premier League while competing in three other cup competitions.

The owner and the Board would like to thank Roberto for all he has done for the club since taking over in March. Roberto helped guide us to an historic Champions League victory and a seventh FA Cup.

We will never forget the huge contribution he has made to this club's history and he will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge.

Re: O/T Manager Sack Watch - Hughes Gone

QPR have terminated the contract of manager Mark Hughes with immediate effect

So only after benitez gone to chavs - fernandes figures it's cheaper/better to try and stay up by sacking hughes. Not surprised, bit late IMO.

So only after benitez gone to chavs - fernandes figures it's cheaper/better to try and stay up by sacking hughes. Not surprised, bit late IMO.

It was reported that they asked Hughes to resign earlier this week, but he refused. They then needed Fernandes to sign off on his compensation and he didn't arrive in the country until today.

A QPR statement read: "The Board of Directors wish to thank Mark for his commitment, hard work and dedication in his ten months in charge.

"Mark has shown integrity and professionalism throughout his time here, but ultimately the circumstances we find ourselves in have left the Board of Directors with very little choice but to make a change.

"The Board will now be working actively to put a new managerial structure in place as soon as possible.

"Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki will take charge of the R's trip to Manchester United in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday afternoon. The club will be making a further announcement in due course."

Shame Mark Hughes couldn't win anything this season.

Not even the title of first Premier League manager to be sacked this season.

Mark Bowen - yet another ex-Spurs player who has managed a Premier League club.

Quick! Phone Redknapp!
Quite Possibly Relegated
Quality: Poor, Rank
Quasi-Professional Rabble
Questionable Policy, Recruitment

No matter how bad Spurs get, there will always be one club who are more of a joke.

Seriously, if you were a manager, how would you feel about getting the job at Stamford bridge?

Fine because of the £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££. Sign a 4 year contract, do 6-12 months work and get a big pay off

Fine because of the £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££. Sign a 4 year contract, do 6-12 months work and get a big pay off

I dont think failing at Chelscum in any way shape or form impacts on your CV (although some on here may well think AVB is a case that proves my statement wrong) so you take the job get a brickload of cash and then leave - you will get another job and act as if nothing happened except a few Ferraris in the driveway.

Back