• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New DoF Poll (The Less Grease More Ethos Edition)

Who do you want for our next DoF

• Michael Edwards

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Paul Mitchell

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Ralf Ragnick

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Rui Pedro Braz (Benfica)

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Luís Campos (PSG)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Giovanni Sartori (Bologna)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Ramon Planes (ex-Barca)

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
You have to wonder whether some managers will look at all the work which needs doing and just think there are easier ways of earning a living

I certainly can’t see why any of Frank, de Z or Kompany would leave another PL team to join

maybe Slot or Amorim give the pull of the PL.

Even Potter or Rodgers…would they just wait for a team which is less of a brick show?

Whoever we end up with, we need someone who can clear the decks of all the rubbish we've been hanging on to for too long.

Not going to happen, none of the deadwood have any value, so I'm thinking selling players, getting rid of high value players like son and kane and replace them with average mediocre players that may make us a profit in the future. Throw in some young players and it will hopefully work with some magic and luck

Whoever we end up with, we need someone who can clear the decks of all the rubbish we've been hanging on to for too long.
Won't be easy that

1, Levy will want absolute top dollar for the dross
and 2, who the fudge is going to actually buy said dross

Lloris, Sanchez, Dier, Perisic, Sessegnon, PEH, Winks, Lo Celso, Reguillon, N'Dombele, Rodon

Won't be easy that

1, Levy will want absolute top dollar for the dross
and 2, who the fudge is going to actually buy said dross

Lloris, Sanchez, Dier, Perisic, Sessegnon, PEH, Winks, Lo Celso, Reguillon, N'Dombele, Radon

some will find homes:

GLC will go to Villa. Can match his wages

We release Lloris and Perisic - worth nothing and big earners

Rodon will find a buyer as he’s not on much

Winks I think will find a taker in the PL

agree about the others though…

Have been in one of the boxes today as the guest of a reasonably prominent agent.

According to what he’s heard, our DoF search isn’t going too well, with the parameters the DoF has to operate in (budget, autonomy, expectations) not being particularly enticing,

Quite a few candidates have said ‘no thanks’ so far apparently.

Have been in one of the boxes today as the guest of a reasonably prominent agent.

According to what he’s heard, our DoF search isn’t going too well, with the parameters the DoF has to operate in (budget, autonomy, expectations) not being particularly enticing,

Ah well. It’s not as if we need a DoF for anything over the next 2-3 months…

Ah well. It’s not as if we need a DoF for anything over the next 2-3 months…
He also thinks that Scott Munn is a strange appointment and top DoFs would want to report straight into the CEO and have pretty much full autonomy of the budget and football decisions.

He also thinks that Scott Munn is a strange appointment and top DoFs would want to report straight into the CEO and have pretty much full autonomy of the budget and football decisions.

Could be that we're going down the scientific/algorithm based approach without a big name wheeler-dealer? Not saying that I think thats the right method, and I can understand a top DoF wanting to report to Levy rather than Munn

Any whispers on the manager situation?

Could be that we're going down the scientific/algorithm based approach without a big name wheeler-dealer? Not saying that I think thats the right method, and I can understand a top DoF wanting to report to Levy rather than Munn

Any whispers on the manager situation?
We’d better get started with it if so…..

Manager whispers were that Nagelsmann was first choice and the one we wanted but said no after some preliminary talks. Kompany was also high up the list but said no. He thinks it will be Slot now But says things at Spurs are never simple so there could easily be 5 or 6 more names in the frame before somebody is brought in.

he is surprised that we are working on getting a new manager in before we have a new DoF

Quite happy a random agent doesn’t know much about the inner happenings at the club.

You have to wonder whether some managers will look at all the work which needs doing and just think there are easier ways of earning a living

I certainly can’t see why any of Frank, de Z or Kompany would leave another PL team to join

maybe Slot or Amorim give the pull of the PL.

Even Potter or Rodgers…would they just wait for a team which is less of a brick show?
Don't leave the house, you may get run over.

Makes sense - this appointment of Munn is a very strange one, because it is in effect a meaningless role.

The coach reports to the Director of Football, who reports to Munn, who reports to Levy.

But the budget doesn't change because Munn is there, and I doubt Levy will allow Munn to sign off on all the cheques.

Levy will still show his face in the stadium, and will be the one who provides final signoff on players, coaches and managers.

So what is the point of Scott Munn? Another rando fresh off some club from footballing Nowheresville, Australia as an unnecessary layer of management between Levy and a DoF?

Can't really see a DoF being excited to work in those conditions given our limited budget and excessive oversight on ops.

Makes sense - this appointment of Munn is a very strange one, because it is in effect a meaningless role.

The coach reports to the Director of Football, who reports to Munn, who reports to Levy.

But the budget doesn't change because Munn is there, and I doubt Levy will allow Munn to sign off on all the cheques.

Levy will still show his face in the stadium, and will be the one who provides final signoff on players, coaches and managers.

So what is the point of Scott Munn? Another rando fresh off some club from footballing Nowheresville, Australia as an unnecessary layer of management between Levy and a DoF?

Can't really see a DoF being excited to work in those conditions given our limited budget and excessive oversight on ops.

I understand the confusion completely and why people would be opposed to it.

I think that if Tottenham (the company) is viewed a conglomerate consisting of:

1) the football side
2) the property part
3) the non-football entertainment part: concerts, karting, NFL etc
4) [other]

...then it becomes clearer. However the problem is that the football part, and the mens teams in particular, are the dominant part of the business so Levy won't hand off decisions to Munn

I understand the confusion completely and why people would be opposed to it.

I think that if Tottenham (the company) is viewed a conglomerate consisting of:

1) the football side
2) the property part
3) the non-football entertainment part: concerts, karting, NFL etc
4) [other]

...then it becomes clearer. However the problem is that the football part, and the mens teams in particular, are the dominant part of the business so Levy won't hand off decisions to Munn

That's exactly it mate. I get Levy wants to turn us into a property/events empire and make THFC at best, 'anchor tenants' in our own stadium...but he can't escape the reality that the football will continue to be the bread and butter for decades yet.

So the football side will need to be handled differently than the events booking side, which means more oversight from the man at the top - unfortunately for us, that's him.

So, while the appointment of a Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Events Officer, etc., all make sense -the 'Chief Football Officer' does not because Levy's going to be making all the major decisions anyway. Bit baffling.

That's exactly it mate. I get Levy wants to turn us into a property/events empire and make THFC at best, 'anchor tenants' in our own stadium...but he can't escape the reality that the football will continue to be the bread and butter for decades yet.

So the football side will need to be handled differently than the events booking side, which means more oversight from the man at the top - unfortunately for us, that's him.

So, while the appointment of a Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Events Officer, etc., all make sense -the 'Chief Football Officer' does not because Levy's going to be making all the major decisions anyway. Bit baffling.

Agreed. Maybe we'll announce a NFL London franchise run by THFC and based at our stadium soon?

Otherwise I agree that there seems a big overlap between Levy and Munn's roles given that the men's football team is probably 90% of the value of the business

Back