• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

Unbelievable some of the unwarranted stick Dawson has had this season. Guy has had to play alongside numerous partners which is difficult for any defender to cope with, yet even for their mistakes he has copped lots of the blame.

He's worth having in just as leader. As much as a Chiriches-Vertonghen partnership could one day be viable for us, I can't help but be put off by the utter lack of leadership among the two of them. Every great team has had a leader in defence.

I felt that the failure of our management to work with Gomes was a major, major mistake. He is without a doubt one of the most talented keepers I have ever seen, in fact, I find it hard to think of a keeper who in their purple patch made as many near-impossible saves as he did. I thought he could've been reclaimed and then some; instead he was written off and left to rot. A massive, MASSIVE waste IMO...

The chip from Lampard, the two van Persie efforts - unbelievable goal keeping.

The way we ditched him was poor, but then to let him rot rather than selling him on defies belief.

Although there is a massive, MASSIVE chance that Gomes' nerve had gone and there is a massive, MASSIVE chance that the manager(s) knew this better than us fans, although if you capitalise, CAPITALISE and repeat, REPEAT things it does give your comments a lot of force, I said a LOT of force mate :D

Apologies for having a positive opinion of Gomes. I know it's not 'cool' in these parts but, dang and ding-dong-diddly, that's just the way I roll partner. No capitalization. Just the way it is. Funny, I wonder if Pellegrini thought that blond fellow he employs, Hart? yes, Joe Hart, that's the guy, I wonder if Pellegrini ever thought his 'nerve had gone'...

The chip from Lampard, the two van Persie efforts - unbelievable goal keeping.

The way we ditched him was poor, but then to let him rot rather than selling him on defies belief.

Is there any proof we are trying NOT to sell him? I find it hard to believe that Levy wants Gomes to "rot" in our reserves and collect a paycheck every week. More likely nobody wants him

Is there any proof we are trying NOT to sell him? I find it hard to believe that Levy wants Gomes to "rot" in our reserves and collect a paycheck every week. More likely nobody wants him

Gomes said recently he's tried leaving many times but Levy wants the fee we paid for him :lol:

Gomes said recently he's tried leaving many times but Levy wants the fee we paid for him :lol:

If that is true Levy is an idiot I think it's more likely teams have expressed interest but don't want to pay his wages. This is like Bentley part 2 but at least we only paid half the Bentley fee for him

I think what's perhaps closer to the mark is that Levy doesn't want to let him go for cheap because even though he's not playing first team football, he is serving an important 'dressing room' role for Sandro and Paulinho in terms of being a local mate. Laugh as you might, because it does sound weird, but I believe it to be the case. In fact, I think one of the main reasons Sandro won't go anywhere soon, ditto Paulie, is because of the London Brasil set which has established itself (the Chelski Brasil boys and ours)…they're very tight.

I will always feel sorry for Gomes. He is extraordinarily talented. I wish the management at the time had put more work in...

Look, he's a nice lad but just look at some of these gaffs. And the worst of it was... nobody in the ground was surprised any more, it became 'expected'.

[video=youtube;5APIFXlFhHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5APIFXlFhHY[/video]

Look, he's a nice lad but just look at some of these gaffs. And the worst of it was... nobody in the ground was surprised any more, it became 'expected'.

EDIT: Fine. You disagree. Moving on...

If that is true Levy is an idiot I think it's more likely teams have expressed interest but don't want to pay his wages. This is like Bentley part 2 but at least we only paid half the Bentley fee for him

Hoffenheim wanted to make his loan permanent, but DL wanted too much for a fee, according to press reports at the time.

:ross:

I've been wondering for a while why our defence is so poor both positionally and in terms of organisation which leads to teams seemingly able to get in behind us at will and drag us all over the pitch.

I think a lot of this is down to Dawson, yes he's had different partners throughout the season but he is now 30 and approaching a decade at the club yet seems unable to take on the senior role within the defence. He should be barking out the orders, showing the ropes to those less experienced and generally assuming control and ensuring the back 4 operate as a cohesive unit.

For me he fails to do these things on a regular basis and this combined with his own poor form leads me to think that in the summer we must replace him with someone similar in style but more dependable.

He certainly isn't alone in making mistakes but I don't think its unreasonable to say that the club captain and defensive leader should be doing more - plus more often than not he seems to make the same mistakes time and time again rushing out with no positional sense, getting caught flat footed. Take today for instance, he's suddenly out in the LB position, misses the header from a goal kick and Long is clean in on goal in Dawsons vacant area.

Numerous other things like the constant hoofs, general poor passing and first touch also annoy me but this applies to Walker and Rose who both seem unable to grasp a possession game.

I thank him for the service and don't think he's an awful player by any means but in order for us to improve in key areas that can make all the difference then tough decisions must be made.

Dawson will be here forever, we tried selling him but the only team in for him was QPR.

Can we mention how he saved us in the second half?

Or how hard it is to defend with no DM protecting you.

I've still got faith in the big man.

Whether you are an AVB-ist or a Sherwood-ist, both have them have started him in every single league game this season.

Or how hard it is to defend with no DM protecting you.

I've still got faith in the big man.

Whether you are an AVB-ist or a Sherwood-ist, both have them have started him in every single league game this season.

what would the guy in your avatar do?? I don't know if he'd start Daws really

Of course he had to go over. Hull had a goal kick and Daws was marking his man. However: He never should've pressed up, once Long won the header. He was our last man at that point, with Vertonghen attacking the goal kick. Rose should've tucked in, leaving Daws to sweep up behind. BUT, I also blame Walker. He got lazy and didn't track back in time. He should've been in line with Daws and Rose, and the moment Long won the header, he should've sprinted back to cover for Vertonghen.

Stupid, stupid goal to concede, but fair play to Hull who played it perfectly. In some ways it was very reminiscent of a few of our very own Berbatov/Keane specials, straight from a Robinson kick, back in the day.

Back