• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Why does Dawson not get picked for England?

Don't understand why people having a pop at dawson its five players in front of him who can't score thats the issue.Keeping clean sheets we seemed to be doing ok.Yesterday it was dembele and pauliniho being laurel and hardy that cost us not the defence.

If anything scoring from corners or in fact the corners that are put in is another issue.

We need either a proper left back 'a leighton baines' player to take us up the field,or a right back to put walker under pressure.

Begs the question just how bad is Rose's injury? I understood he was due to return weeks ago but still no sign. :-k

Re: Why does Dawson not get picked for England?

Kaboul has been fit but Daws still gets picked. As for your second sentence what makes you so sure? Like I said the defence is the one area AVB seems to have got right.

Speaking of sweeping statements, Kaboul has been far from 100% as seen by him frequently getting small injuries whenever he's played even though he's mainly played EL and other lower intensity games. And there have been comments from AVB (at least I think it was AVB, it was someone at the club at least) saying that his muscles are still adjusting to the operation and that he will need time.

AVB won't drop Dawson regardless. He's captain, he can't just drop him in a Prem game randomly.

Didn't Redknapp do just that?

And didn't AVB confirm that Dawson was our captain and then try to sell him last summer?

Not randomly, but if better options are available then I think he will. If AVB will think that Kaboul/Chiriches are better options I suppose is up for debate.

Dawson

I know it's harsh to pick out certain individuals from todays performance because most of them were awful but i have to say, Michael Dawson shouldnt start anymore games for us. He was constantly caught out of position and Ageuro made him look like a school boy at times. I think until Rose comes back we need to play Chiriches with Kaboul and then JV at LB but when Rose's back JV needs to play in middle with Kaboul.

Not only has Dawson been poor in this game but other times this season he just looks so slow with his high line. Also with JV or Chiriches' they can bring the ball forward rather than dawson's punting

Re: Dawson

Dawson has been the lynchpin of the meanest defence in the league.

Kaboul coming in turned it all to ****.

We've conceded the same amount in 90 minutes with Kaboul, as we have in 1080 without him.

Dawson has been the lynchpin of the meanest defence in the league.

Kaboul coming in turned it all to ****.

We've conceded the same amount in 90 minutes with Kaboul, as we have in 1080 without him.

Wow! I could have sworn you were Dawson hater and i'm sure you labelled him as one of the not-very-smart England footballer contingent at our club?

Kaboul was awful today. His defending for the Sandro own goal was horrible; too far away from Aguero and not in the right position to block the ball across the face of the area.

He should never have been given a start here. He's just coming back from serious injury, this wasn't the game for a first game after injury.

Wow! I could have sworn you were Dawson hater and i'm sure you labelled him as one of the not-very-smart England footballer contingent at our club?

No, Dawson has long been my favourite player (well second after King till recently). Dawson is exactly what you need for one of your CBs (and then a cultured partner like Verts or Chirches alongside him).

Defoe's the only English player left I've got no time for; although Lennon I'm increasingly frustrated by now we've moved beyond wingers.

Both Dawson and Kaboul looked slow and off the pace today. It's amazing how exposed they were though. What suprises me more though is how many teams look threatening against us with only 3-4 passes.

Dawson and Kaboul never works. Neither of them can play on the left of a pair.

worst CB pairing in the Premiership. Should have sold them both this summer. We need experience in those positions. Dawson has not progressed since he was 24 years old. And without King, he looks like a donkey

I said before the game when i did my line up that i would play Dawson and Chiriches but was 100% sure AVB would start Kaboul and Dawson. Against Emirates Marketing Project no less, who possess two of the most nippy, potent strikers in the league.

Back