• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

According to Paul Merson on SKY today, Wolves third goal against us on Saturday was the moment Poch decided he would go to United as “he can’t take Spurs any further.”

Didn’t realise he was in such close contact with Mauricio.

What an absolute clam. As if Pochettino will decide his future based on one goal or game. Heard Merson say last week that Poch will leave and Kane, Alli and Eriksen will follow him out.

I hate Liverpool but enjoy Thompson because he’s so biased towards him and knows what it is to be a fan but he doesn’t go around slagging Everton off with nonsense at every opportunity. Then again Everton aren’t streets ahead of his team at the moment.

I wonder did Emery come to a similar conclusion as Firmino scored the third goal at Anfield. If so, I wonder what he thought when Liverpool scored the fourth and fifth.

Stealing a fudging living as a pundit.

Last edited:
What an absolute clam. As if Pochettino will decide his future based on one goal or game. Heard Merson say last week that Poch will leave and Kane, Alli and Eriksen will follow him out.

I hate Liverpool but enjoy Thompson because he’s so biased towards him and knows what it is to be a fan but he doesn’t go around slagging Everton off with nonsense at every opportunity. Then again Everton aren’t streets ahead of his team at the moment.

I wonder did Emery come to a similar conclusion as Firmino scored the third goal at Anfield. If so, I wonder what he thought when Liverpool scored the fourth and fifth.

Stealing a fudging living as a pundit.
To be fair to Merson I don’t think he’s anti Spurs he’s said similar ridiculous things about the Goons. He’s just a an idiot who over reacts to everything. Pretty much par for the course for most people when they are 6 pints in.

New
"According to Paul Merson on SKY today, Wolves third goal against us on Saturday was the moment Poch decided he would go to United as “he can’t take Spurs any further.”

Didn’t realise he was in such close contact with Mauricio. "

Drinkin' buddies.

Also gets first dibs on Poch's used shaving razors.

According to Paul Merson on SKY today, Wolves third goal against us on Saturday was the moment Poch decided he would go to United as “he can’t take Spurs any further.”

Didn’t realise he was in such close contact with Mauricio.
Amazing how you can somehow speak to anyone whilst you’re shovelling 5g’s of Columbian nosebag...

Was worth noting when defending today, our players stayed "right side" of the attacker everytime I can remember (Toby, Sanchez, Rose, all)

Think Poch has been doing some defensive drills.

Was worth noting when defending today, our players stayed "right side" of the attacker everytime I can remember (Toby, Sanchez, Rose, all)

Think Poch has been doing some defensive drills.
Trips was laughably bad, he let his man cross it every time.
At some point Sissoko was playing right back whilst Trips charged around midfield and even up front.
Sanchez let his man run goal side, but it was incorrectly flagged as offside when Toby was playing him on.

Every low we experience this season will be met with calls for Poch to leave us for UTD, every high will be met with silent disregard.

I do however believe that Poch leaving would perhaps see the loss of Eriksen and perhaps Kane. Much would depend on who we get in, but for Kane, it would be a prime time to move to Spain and start a new chapter of his career. Eriksen we know is ready to go to Barca the moment they call.

I couldn't care less what most people would suggest. I'm talking about the actual quality of the players. Our keeper is better than theirs. Our defence is. Our midfield is. Our striker is. We've spent less money than them. Yet our squad is better. (and incidentally, I wouldn't say most people just go by money spent and most people would acknowledge we have a better squad).

And again, I don't care what people may choose to believe. Our squad is better than theirs and I belive, so are the other members of the top 6. Where would you put them in the top 6?

It's not a shock that they have injuries. Dembele, who hasn't hit 40 games total for us for 4 seasons straight and Wanyama who spent most of the last season injured. And yes, I think cm should have been the area we looked to strengthen most this summer because I think it's our weakest area. This has nothing to do with one loss and it certainly is neither revisionist or speculative. As for entitled, genuinely.... What? So when we were trying to buy players this summer, were Poch and Levy entitled? Is the process of buying any player entitled because Levy and Poch are also entitled ding dongs? Why did they even drop 42 million on Sanchez, when they could have just constantly only elevated from the academy? May as well avoid transfers all together as that's an entitled attitude right? It's such a strange accusation. Nobody is asking for bloody Ronaldo or Messi.

Right, your problem is though, like I said, that you go in all guns shooting, almost regardless of what people are saying. People say they want a CM during the summer. You're an entitled ding dong. People say they want a CM even when we're winning, because they can see the gaping hole in the squad. You're a spoilt, entitled sing dong who doesn't appreciate the club. We're winning, what more do you want? People say they want a CM when we lose and.... You guessed it, spoilt entitled ding dong who is being reactionary after a loss.

I know some spurs fans have put the club as some kind of pauper outsiders in their minds and have decided that transfers are bad or only what entitled people want as a defence mechanism after the summer but neither are true. Poch will be looking for squad alterations. He wasn't saying it in hindsight in the summer and neither was a single fan of this club. Levy will be looking for squad alterations. It is a normal part of football, hence why pretty much every club will do some activity pretty much every season. And we are paupers compared to the rest of the top 6 but not the rest of the world, when we can drop 40 million on a player and have higher revenues than all but 5 clubs worldwide when you exclude the English clubs (and still all but 10 worldwide when you don't).

What do I want for the club? This may surprise you but I'd wager the majority of our fans want the same thing. Not everyone is a macaron or a wum. I want watching spurs to be enjoyable. I want to spend our games enjoying what we're doing, to be happy and to have a sense of connection with our players and manager. When I go to the stadium, I want there to be a great atmosphere and to enjoy the game. I want us to win, preferably in style but will happily accept certain games where we just have to dig in. I want us to make smart transfers but don't have the same obsession with penny pinching that some others do, or the drive to boast about how little we have spent, as long as what we do spend is sustainable for the club. This will change if a net spend trophy becomes available. I want us to win trophies. I want us to have a good academy and give opportunities to the players.

So.... Pretty much what almost every single fan of every single club worldwide wants, give or take a few things.

Brilliant post! Articulate, well-written and not in any way confrontational.

Especially agree with the part about transfers. If signing no one was truly the way forward then everyone would do it. Every club in world football needs new signings to upgrade the squad, to improve competition for places and most importantly to give the players a lift, Danny Rose alluded to this at the beginning of last season. It was an unpopular opinion and this forum is a pro Levy/ENIC forum so most people dismissed what he said but I would bet a lot of players privately were pleased he said what he said even though they would never admit it publicly. I'm sure Poch wasn't happy though. Funny how no one was saying before the window that we would sign no one, most said "relax, we will sign someone". That attitude changed very quickly as soon as the window closed and we signed no one, as if it was the plan all along to make zero new signings despite Poch saying the exact opposite just weeks before. Talk about revisionism.

Brilliant post! Articulate, well-written and not in any way confrontational.

Especially agree with the part about transfers. If signing no one was truly the way forward then everyone would do it. Every club in world football needs new signings to upgrade the squad, to improve competition for places and most importantly to give the players a lift, Danny Rose alluded to this at the beginning of last season. It was an unpopular opinion and this forum is a pro Levy/ENIC forum so most people dismissed what he said but I would bet a lot of players privately were pleased he said what he said even though they would never admit it publicly. I'm sure Poch wasn't happy though. Funny how no one was saying before the window that we would sign no one, most said "relax, we will sign someone". That attitude changed very quickly as soon as the window closed and we signed no one, as if it was the plan all along to make zero new signings despite Poch saying the exact opposite just weeks before. Talk about revisionism.

First-off, your first two sentences illustrate (to me anyway) that you haven't quite bought into the concept that Poch might be different to other top managers...

I remember thinking very clearly that "being brave" was as much about not signing fodder as it was signing super-stars. Look at it practically. Who could he buy that is a big money player who would both improve the first 11 and be a starter? MOST of "those" players would demand first-team every match/on their terms. As it is, he has cultivated several of those himself. What looks good on paper does not always bear out in the group. Unless we got a De Light, I'd be surprised to see big big big money spending, because the truth is we DON'T need to. Just give him what he DOES want. And as long as he gets that, he goes nowhere...

First-off, your first two sentences illustrate (to me anyway) that you haven't quite bought into the concept that Poch might be different to other top managers...

I remember thinking very clearly that "being brave" was as much about not signing fodder as it was signing super-stars. Look at it practically. Who could he buy that is a big money player who would both improve the first 11 and be a starter? MOST of "those" players would demand first-team every match/on their terms. As it is, he has cultivated several of those himself. What looks good on paper does not always bear out in the group. Unless we got a De Light, I'd be surprised to see big big big money spending, because the truth is we DON'T need to. Just give him what he DOES want. And as long as he gets that, he goes nowhere...
Nowhere but up the steps to lift a trophy...

tenor.gif

Steff with all due respect, it’s not my job or any other poster on this forum’s job to name players who could improve us, that is for Poch and his scouting team to do. It is clear that Dembele is not the player he was and he always misses at least 10 league games a season due to injuries. Unfortunately for us, Wanyama has also had his injury problems for 18 months and even when he has been fit, he hasn’t been able to recapture his form from 2 years ago. No one is saying we need to go out and buy a “star”. I could name numerous players who we signed who weren’t household names before we signed them and were bought for reasonable prices; Alli, Trippier, Walker, Rose, Son, Vertonghen to name a few.

Steff with all due respect, it’s not my job or any other poster on this forum’s job to name players who could improve us, that is for Poch and his scouting team to do. It is clear that Dembele is not the player he was and he always misses at least 10 league games a season due to injuries. Unfortunately for us, Wanyama has also had his injury problems for 18 months and even when he has been fit, he hasn’t been able to recapture his form from 2 years ago. No one is saying we need to go out and buy a “star”. I could name numerous players who we signed who weren’t household names before we signed them and were bought for reasonable prices; Alli, Trippier, Walker, Rose, Son, Vertonghen to name a few.

But here’s the thing which makes me laugh. Suddenly, everyone is onto the fact that Dembele is on the wane fitness-wise, ditto Wanyama. When it was suggested last Jan that both would be sold if offers came in, there were ructions!

The club have wanted to move both on for sone time. We have seen Skipp and Amos blooded. I think Amos would’ve featured more but for his horrendous luck. We have a revitalized Sissoko, Winks and Dier for holding midfield. We have Dele Alli now able to play deeper, ditto Eriksen who has always been able to. Something is working. Despite the injuries we are flying.

You behave like the club have no pro-activity at all.

When Poch spoke about “being brave” he spoke as much about the bravery in keeping your powder dry as using it. Arguably the two players who have cost us the most over time have been NKoudou and Janssen (with Njies and Stamboulis in there too). We simply do not need middling players as they take up massive squad resources.

I think that if you see incomings this window, they will be young players that the manager/scouting team have identified for some time. And trust me, they have a few in mind. Again, the suggestion that the club are not onto these things is weird to me.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

But here’s the thing which makes me laugh. Suddenly, everyone is onto the fact that Dembele is on the wane fitness-wise, ditto Wanyama. When it was suggested last Jan that both would be sold if offers came in, there were ructions!

The club have wanted to move both on for sone time. We have seen Skipp and Amos blooded. I think Amos would’ve featured more but for his horrendous luck. We have a revitalized Sissoko, Winks and Dier for holding midfield. We have Dele Alli now able to play deeper, ditto Eriksen who has always been able to. Something is working. Despite the injuries we are flying.

When Poch spoke about “being brave” he spoke as much about the bravery in keeping your powder dry as using it. Arguably the two players who have cost us the most over time have been NKoudou and Janssen (with Njies and Stamboulis in there too). We simply do not need middling players as they take up massive squad resources.

I think that if you see incomings this window, they will be young players that the manager/scouting team have identified for some time. And trust me, they have a few in mind. Again, the suggestion that the club are not onto these things is weird to me.

From memory there was quite a few people that cited the fitness of both those two as a reason for signing someone in that position in the summer and the whole "cant improve the starting 11" as nonsense as a squad just dont work like that.

I agree with the Nkoudou/Janssen - the amount we have wasted on these players would see 2 decent players come in.

We should use this window to get everything lined up for the summer as I feel it is going to be a big one for us - ins and outs

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply.

I can't speak for other posters but I've been saying since last season that Dembele is not the player he was and he has very rarely (if ever) managed a full 38 league games in a season, he hasn't managed more than 40 in total for a few year IIRC? I will admit I was all for keeping Wanyama this summer but sadly he can't seem to regain fitness for a sustained period of time. Even when he has played his form hasn't been good enough.

I don't behave like anything and I acknowledge the club will be identifying players that we intend to buy but I can only go on what I see in terms of incomings and outgoings in the last transfer window as no one really knows which players the club have shortlisted, unless you have some inner knowledge of the club.

I take no issue that something is working and yes we are flying, I just believe we could be even better if we improve in certain areas, mainly CM and right back as I believe these are the two weakest areas in the team. Winks and Sissoko have done a fantastic job and it's great that Eriksen and Alli CAN play there but we have top class players in pretty much every other position, definitely in the spine of the team. We have Lloris, one of the top 10 keepers in the world. Toby and Verts, two of the best centre halves in Europe. Eriksen, one of the best playmakers in Europe and Kane, one of the best strikers in the world. Sissoko has been brilliant and I really like Winks but I believe we are crying out for a top class CM to play alongside Winks who again I think is going to be a top player but isn't quite there yet.

Back