• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

What did he say?

090b5b10-437a-467b-9fa1-16808ae8d27c.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur

Posted at18:22
Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino: "First of all I would like to apologise to our fans, I think they don’t deserve all that happened today on the pitch and I apologise. It was a shame and diffcult to understand

"In the last couple of weeks when you do not play with 100 per cent it is impossible to win games and after Chelsea something happened. We cannot manage games in the right way.

"I am very disappointed because our fans don’t deserve it, it is difficult to go tonight and see my boys and my wife. I think it is unbelievable and we are very disappointed.

"We had the possibility to stay second and how we lost and how we gave to the opponent that is relegated, in the first and second half, they score three goals with 10 players it is the worst day as a manager and I feel very disappointed. We need to be sure that never happens again and need to improve our mentality. We were on holiday and that is the reality."

I hope Koch takes the cups seriously next season. He and the players have to get used to winning something, to cross the mental barrier.

Also if I was a player under Koch and I worked my bollox off all season, double training sessions, endless running and effort in games, and at the end of it all finished empty handed and also with an amount of points which is par for the club, well i would question things a little tbh.

We've finished on the same 70pts as 2009/10 and a place higher but somehow I don't think this season will be remembered quite so fondly after the way those last 4 games went...

Good interview by him. No shielding of the players, no defending that performance, fully admitting to a S.p.u.r.s.y collapse. They were weak, they were sh*te, he was sh*te, and he acknowledges that.

Good. First step to improving is to acknowledge our Spursiness.

Good interview by him. No shielding of the players, no defending that performance, fully admitting to a S.p.u.r.s.y collapse. They were weak, they were sh*te, he was sh*te, and he acknowledges that.

Good. First step to improving is to acknowledge our Spursiness.

Indeed. Tragically sexy. I trust him
to sort it out.

Indeed. Tragically sexy. I trust him
to sort it out.

I do too, perhaps in time. But I'm disheartened by the fact that I thought he could do it sooner - he didn't do it this season, although we all believed he did at one point earlier on. This still exists.

And personally, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll *ever* finish above Arsenal again. Surely, if we're leading them in the table with a few games to go, this will play on the players' minds, and will gee theirs up, as the 'Mind the Gap' sh*te did two years ago. Assuming they care about that, of course.

I was certain we would finish above the scum this season. Certain. I dont expect us to ever finish above them now. I just don't see how. We go to brick every time the pressure is on for us to finish above those cnuts. The past few weeks have changed my out look. I was so pumped a few weeks ago, I didn't want the season to end I wanted us to just dive straight into the CL, now I can honestly say I'm so happy to be done with football for a while. Truly happy.

Worst game as a manager, though technically his first with such a title.

Bitter pill to swallow with what happened this season. I'm hoping we will be written off in the press as a result and will be able to go somewhat under the radar again.

We finished third and there is a feeling of disappointment across the board, Arsenal finished second and are celebrating. Compare the final positions to what was expected of either team pre season and we should be more optimistic.

A few tweeks to the squad this summer, manager signed up to stave off interest and hopefully a few more contract extensions for key players and we will be on board for another great season, with the hope of a good European run.

I wonder what Poch knew about our likely performance level and when he knew it. I get the feeling that he knew we were a spent force in advance of at least this game. The downplaying of the importance of our position relative to Arsenal seems, given the poor performance we have seen today, somewhat prescient. If that is the case, was it a physical issue that he could see from the performance stats, or a mental issue? Whatever it was, it must be of concern that despite the deterioration over the last few games, we seemed powerless to arrest the slide. :(

He isn't half following his idol Ferguson's path.

United collapsed and took only 4 points from the last 5 games in the 1991-92 title race, Poch took 5 from 5.
Both lost just 6 league games.
Both lost out to hard working sides who had just been promoted a season ago.
Both Leeds and Leicester won the League watching on TV as their rivals messed up.
TV camera's watching the entire Leeds team celebrate in Lee Chapman's house.

Ferguson went on to finally break his duck the next season and win 7 of the next 9 titles.
Over to you Poch.

He isn't half following his idol Ferguson's path.

United collapsed and took only 4 points from the last 5 games in the 1991-92 title race, Poch took 5 from 5.
Both lost just 6 league games.
Both lost out to hard working sides who had just been promoted a season ago.
Both Leeds and Leicester won the League watching on TV as their rivals messed up.
TV camera's watching the entire Leeds team celebrate in Lee Chapman's house.

Ferguson went on to finally break his duck the next season and win 7 of the next 9 titles.
Over to you Poch.

I cannot like this post enough!!!!! Trust the skipper!!!!!

I hope Koch takes the cups seriously next season. He and the players have to get used to winning something, to cross the mental barrier.

Also if I was a player under Koch and I worked my bollox off all season, double training sessions, endless running and effort in games, and at the end of it all finished empty handed and also with an amount of points which is par for the club, well i would question things a little tbh.

I hope we fudge off the cups, especially the FA cup, and focus on getting more points than this season.

I wonder what Poch knew about our likely performance level and when he knew it. I get the feeling that he knew we were a spent force in advance of at least this game. The downplaying of the importance of our position relative to Arsenal seems, given the poor performance we have seen today, somewhat prescient. If that is the case, was it a physical issue that he could see from the performance stats, or a mental issue? Whatever it was, it must be of concern that despite the deterioration over the last few games, we seemed powerless to arrest the slide. :(

Some great points raised here...I wonder. Last season, Poch clearly realized early-doors that Kaboul/Crapoue/Ade/Lennon/Paulinho were not part of his vision. The first three were dressing power houses. He allowed the squad to pick one as skipper, and then watched us struggle with them until they basically phuqued themselves in the eyes of their peers. This season, the way he ended up losing Alli and then Dembele, I wonder if once he knew group stage CL football was locked up, he decided to take the same general route i.e. here you are, shaft yourself and you will be gone this summer??? Poch might be the first manger who cares about the club enough to think it before himself, and the some very ugly shirt-term steps to address and correct bigger issues...

Injuries permitting, we will win the title next season. A settled side, with high quality additions, who will have raised their expectations - and who will have been raised out of their comfort zone. Of course anything is possible but Poch is hungry to succeed, and with kane, Ali and Dembele, we WILL succeed.

Back