• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Until I read your post, I honestly thought his name was spelt with a u, and that pouch was a cool abbreviation (as I'm dyslexic and have no chance of actually spelling his name correctly consistantly) but will make an effort to drop the u from now on..... Although I kind of like pouch (I love dogs, so it was no insult)

Pooch is dogs
Pouch is ...er... a pouch
Poch is an Argie coach
:)

Haha that just shows how dyslexic I actually am :)

These posts helped cheer me up on what had been quite a bad day. :D we need the rolling about laughing emotion back!

Reactions: DTA
It depends I think if he had a track record of success then what you are saying would be correct, poch doesn't. I think he has done ok, and hope that next season we should strongly challenge for 4th, and see some improvements in consistency and adaptability, if we have a season such as this one then I wouldn't necessarily want to get rid, but I would explore options to upgrade. As many on here explore options to upgrade good but not great players. why is it that we are told that managers need time, but players are crud after half a season?

do you think it's reasonable to expect a 4th place challenge bearing in mind there are 5 clubs who spend far on more wages than us?

do you think it's reasonable to expect a 4th place challenge bearing in mind there are 5 clubs who spend far on more wages than us?

Well, we actually achived it twice before with redknapp, plus challenged when we didn't. Bale ..... I mean Avb challenged in his first season. I mean it obviously depends if all those those that you mention play to their potential (or bank balance) but recent history has shown that Is rarely the case.

It is more than possible, but to sustain a top four spot over say five years is a daunting thought, Arsenal have done brilliantly imo because over the last few years on paper they have looked no better than us, that's where the manager comes into it and off we go again.

Reactions: DTA
It is more than possible, but to sustain a top four spot over say five years is a daunting thought, Arsenal have done brilliantly imo because over the last few years on paper they have looked no better than us, that's where the manager comes into it and off we go again.

I think this is key.

it's probably more that they have spent 350m more than us on wages/transfer fees over the past 5 seasons

Is this the Goons ? if so I don't think there has been a lot of difference between us over the last five years in general if anything I think we have blown our opportunities to finish above them.

yeah, was posted recently somewhere on here. there hasn't been a lot of difference between us - my point was that it's probably less to do with the managerial differences than the huge amount of money between us. take that financial advantage away from them and we'd most likely have left them for dead

We have fudged it up on at least 3-4 occasions to finish above them in recent seasons . They've become so accustomed to finishing above us that's its now an obsession for their players not to be part of a Goon squad to finish below us. Their supporters also demand it above all else and I really do believe, that had we finished above them just the once in any those seasons we should've, then Wenger could well have been ousted by their ungrateful scum.

We really do need to finish above them, get that monkey off our backs and then the premier league title will surely follow :)

it's almost as if their higher paid players are mentally tougher than ours

Or maybe (to your point I guess), outside of fan opinion, when you look at the top side's player profiles, probably the easiest measurement of player quality is wages (better player tends to earn better salary).

Hence the Scum paying 2X our wages might just indicate their squad is of a better quality than ours, hence it should not be surprising that we haven't managed to finish above them in that timeline. Especially when we consider how consistent they have been with top 4 finishes & club management.

The argument could be that while we have finished above every one else in the PL, when we have done so for the Cheat$ki/Manure/Pool/City, it is typically been when they have slipped, fudged up, had managerial changes, bad seasons ..

Or maybe (to your point I guess), outside of fan opinion, when you look at the top side's player profiles, probably the easiest measurement of player quality is wages (better player tends to earn better salary).

Hence the Scum paying 2X our wages might just indicate their squad is of a better quality than ours, hence it should not be surprising that we haven't managed to finish above them in that timeline. Especially when we consider how consistent they have been with top 4 finishes & club management.

The argument could be that while we have finished above every one else in the PL, when we have done so for the Cheat$ki/Manure/Pool/City, it is typically been when they have slipped, fudgeed up, had managerial changes, bad seasons ..

Basically sums up why modern football's a bit brick really..........

Mauricio.. Is there any specific type of diet you would recommend to players in order to keep up with the high pressing game which you require?

Tottenham HotspurMauricio: No fast food, drink a lot of fruit smoothies, eat lots of vegetables and sleep a lot!! We are always speaking with our nutrionists at the Training Centre.

If you could be any fruit, what fruit would you be and why?

Tottenham HotspurDaniel: A watermelon because it's thick skinned and I need that in this job!
Mauricio: I would be a coconut because I am tough outside, sweet inside and very healthy

What changes are being made so that we are poised to mount a serious challenge for Top 4 every season?

Tottenham HotspurMauricio: We need to create a good environment and the right mentality in the squad. It is important that we improve our consistency and sign players with the right profile to give balance to the team, that is the key.

Poch... What do you think is the most exciting aspect of Tottenham? Since you have been manager

Tottenham HotspurMauricio: The fans and the worldwide appeal of the club. Our supporters travel everywhere to see us home and away which is fantastic

How will you ensure the balance between young academy players and experienced players? Also how can you ensure we do not make the same mistakes as before? Thanks

Tottenham HotspurMauricio: We need to get the balance in the squad through our knowledge, the way we see the squad and what we want from them to deliver the style. You put this all together then you can decide which profile of player you need to fit the style, and this is how you get the right balance in the squad. It is a process, it's not about a mix of youth with experience.

I'm not going to make mine football related as many others will. So what are both of your favourite tv programmes?

Tottenham HotspurDaniel: For me, it's Homeland!

Mauricio: I don’t watch a lot of TV! I prefer films. I watched Ex-machine with my family, it was a silly film but it is good to spend time with the family. I also watched Unbroken with Angelina Jolie as the director.Is Harry Kane staying?

Is Harry Kane staying?

Tottenham HotspurDaniel: Yes!
Mauricio: Yes!

How do you two get along?

Tottenham HotspurDaniel: We get on very well!
Mauricio: We share a mutual respect and some good red wine!!!

To Mr. Pochettino: you are like an inspiration. What would be your message to young footballers of the next generation?

Tottenham HotspurMauricio: Thank you! Today it is very difficult to give advice because the boys nowadays are different to my generation. To give advice, you need to know them because we have don’t have the same value now as we did in the past. It is going to be difficult to general advice because society has changed over the past decade.

Tottenham HotspurMauricio: We need to create a good environment and the right mentality in the squad. It is important that we improve our consistency and sign players with the right profile to give balance to the team, that is the key.

Some nice answer in there, cheers for post Jordinho.

This one struck me the most as a very good answer. This is key for me too going into the transfer market. More than anything we need more players that fit in with the right mentality and approach under Pochettino. We do not need any "well he's quite good and cheap" signings. We need players willing to go the extra mile and work extremely hard throughout the season on the pitch and on the training ground. Try to create the environment Pochettino wants and talks about, the kind of environment that gets players improving step by step.

Notwithstanding President James Pallotta's statements that current Coach Rudi Garcia won't leave the club, many feel that the Frenchman's role with the Giallorossi is no longer as secure as it was.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the alternatives touted for Roma's bench include Sevilla's Unai Emery, Fiorentina's Vincenzo Montella, Tottenham Hotspur's Mauricio Pochettino, and Walter Mazzarri, who is currently a free agent.

The publication reports that Emery is currently the hottest name for a contract in Italy, while sporting director Walter Sabatini has some doubts about former Inter and Napoli Coach Mazzarri.

http://app.football-italia.net/?ref...pare-coach-list?#article/footballitalia-67374

Back