• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Quotes from Poch tonight.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jan/21/tottenham-emmanuel-adebayor-sheffield-united

Pochettino, asked what qualities make Adebayor a good captain, said: “A lot of things but I think this is not the moment to explain why. I think when I take a decision I take a decision, but it was seven months ago when I took a decision on Younès Kaboul, Hugo Lloris and Emmanuel Adebayor as our three captains. That was seven months ago.”

its clear that the captain role means nothing to poch then. its just based on seniority or something. at least poch was decisive in making amends and took ade off early. who knows this could be poch's sinister plan to push ade out of the door !

People still seeing something develop with this guy? Not only are we still awful most matches and rely on someone to score a worldy, barely create ANY chances (it's getting silly now), but again his decisions. What is wrong with him?

Making ade captain tonight is a ****ing joke, two fi hers up to jan who's really progressed since the stoke gsme. Two fingers to soldado. It was just disgusting all round. And shoots steffs theory that poch was just letting kaboul and ade bury themsleves. Nope. As soon as ade is back in the team he's made captain. Atrocious decision.

Although we haven't been creating chances, we started to control games with bentaleb and dembele. Mason co es back from injury and walks straight back in the team, gives the ball away every time which then Spreads throughout the whole team. We don't control the game at all.

More bad decisions, kane is on fire. So he plays Soldado against Sunderland up front and drops kane back (even though soldados link up play has been good but his confidence at goal is shot, and kane proceeds to have the worst game of the season for us. Then what does he do? Moves Kane to left ****ing wing giving Davies to cover the whole of the left flank as Kane inevitably drifts in....

I'm deserate for us to turn a cover, start developing, poch to learn. But the guy seems utterly clueless to me.

I do not know why you bother being a Spurs fan, you do nothing but moan.:-k Are you as miserable as this in the real world.

I do not know why you bother being a Spurs fan, you do nothing but moan.:-k Are you as miserable as this in the real world.

What a stupid reply this is. I explain pretty well my feelings and you come up with a childish response... awesome discussion point!!!! I don't agree with someone so I'll try and tackle their points not by debate, but by attempting a demeaning comment about the person instead...

And gale force... how you justify things is mental. Secondary competition? Touching distance of winning a trophy!?!? Only the FA cup at home to a poor team at the weekend and it isn't that important? Okay... And Captaincy isn't important... It's a statement? If it isn't important keep with Jan then rather than ****ing him off the first moment ade comes back. Poch has no bottle as far as I can see. He gave two captaincy positions to two of our worst players, finally drops them (months later then we could all see they needed to be dropped) and then gives it straight back at the first opportunity!?! It's such poor management!

And even if it is a secondary competition, we've been pretty terrible all season. How little we work the goalkeeper in 90% of our games is frightening.

Grimsby, people would probably take you more seriously if you're language wasn't so over the top. Reasonable decisions constantly being described as a '****ing joke' and the general refusal to even consider the other side of the picture lead to people thinking you can't be serious, or probably have a pretty unhappy life generally if this is how angry Spurs makes you. I can see their point.

What a stupid reply this is. I explain pretty well my feelings and you come up with a childish response... awesome discussion point!!!! I don't agree with someone so I'll try and tackle their points not by debate, but by attempting a demeaning comment about the person instead...

And gale force... how you justify things is mental. Secondary competition? Touching distance of winning a trophy!?!? Only the FA cup at home to a poor team at the weekend and it isn't that important? Okay... And Captaincy isn't important... It's a statement? If it isn't important keep with Jan then rather than ****ing him off the first moment ade comes back. Poch has no bottle as far as I can see. He gave two captaincy positions to two of our worst players, finally drops them (months later then we could all see they needed to be dropped) and then gives it straight back at the first opportunity!?! It's such poor management!

And even if it is a secondary competition, we've been pretty terrible all season. How little we work the goalkeeper in 90% of our games is frightening.

Grimsby I take on board some of your points....I agree making Ade Captain was a strange decision from poch. giving our armband to a player who has not been fighting our cause recently does not sit well with me....however I have had time to think about it and I think I can understand his logic....he is trying to get Ade firing and feel part of the squad after recent events......I am not saying I like it but I understand his motives....ostracising Ade would be a bad move for the rest of our season....dont like Ade but I appreciate that.

making that decision to give Ade the armband I don't think we can say he hasn't got any bottle.

It is quite clear that you also have a point with our performances this season...personally I am encouraged that we have still maintained decent results without being a fluent team. Basically Grimsby I would prefer us to turn on the style at the end of the season when it matters though I concede that may or may not happen.
I think we have some very talented young individuals and the nucleus of a good side....I do not rate our senior players bar Hugo.

Poch has loads to do....particularly in the summer....but if we cant offload unwanted players who are on big bucks then we are stuck because we need them off the wage bill before we can revamp the squad.

Stick with it Grimsby and try to find some encouragement that although we might not be playing well we are still getting results...which many people think is the hallmark of a good team.

Grimsby I take on board some of your points....I agree making Ade Captain was a strange decision from poch. giving our armband to a player who has not been fighting our cause recently does not sit well with me....however I have had time to think about it and I think I can understand his logic....he is trying to get Ade firing and feel part of the squad after recent events......I am not saying I like it but I understand his motives....ostracising Ade would be a bad move for the rest of our season....dont like Ade but I appreciate that.

making that decision to give Ade the armband I don't think we can say he hasn't got any bottle.

It is quite clear that you also have a point with our performances this season...personally I am encouraged that we have still maintained decent results without being a fluent team. Basically Grimsby I would prefer us to turn on the style at the end of the season when it matters though I concede that may or may not happen.
I think we have some very talented young individuals and the nucleus of a good side....I do not rate our senior players bar Hugo.

Poch has loads to do....particularly in the summer....but if we cant offload unwanted players who are on big bucks then we are stuck because we need them off the wage bill before we can revamp the squad.

Stick with it Grimsby and try to find some encouragement that although we might not be playing well we are still getting results...which many people think is the hallmark of a good team.

He didn't make him captain yesterday, that already happened 7 months ago.

Yes I know that.

in defence of Grimsby he said he was not impressed with the original deciscion to make two of our worst players (in his opinion) captains bar Hugo. That is what he said. I would have given it to Hugo or Jan in the first place ....but I respect Poch knows the squad unlike me so I choose to trust his judgement.....does not mean questions cannot be asked or people being branded as negative just for doing so!

I have already said I understood why he did it which took a lot of bottle so I disagree with Grimsby on that point.

I understand the game being played Jordy.....we are trying to get something out of a player who by all accounts the club want rid of!

Yes I know he was made captain months ago Jordy but in my opinion it was wrong to let him wear the armband last night.....dont care if it doesn't mean jack to most people.....who pulls on our armband is massive to me and who represents us! Ade in no way has merited that privilege this season.

Poch is in his first season at the club.

He has a comparatively young and far from ideal squad at his disposal.

He is trying to establish a very challenging new style of play.

He is trying to get decades of weak club mentality out of our system.

He is having to cope with playing many more games than all but one or two other Premier League teams.

And yet.....

We're within touching distance of third.

We're in the semi final of the League Cup.

We're still in the Europa League and the FA Cup.

.....All in all, given the circumstances, we're not doing too badly.

Yes I know that.

in defence of Grimsby he said he was not impressed with the original deciscion to make two of our worst players (in his opinion) captains bar Hugo. That is what he said. I would have given it to Hugo or Jan in the first place ....but I respect Poch knows the squad unlike me so I choose to trust his judgement.....does not mean questions cannot be asked or people being branded as negative just for doing so!

I have already said I understood why he did it which took a lot of bottle so I disagree with Grimsby on that point.

I understand the game being played Jordy.....we are trying to get something out of a player who by all accounts the club want rid of!

Yes I know he was made captain months ago Jordy but in my opinion it was wrong to let him wear the armband last night.....dont care if it doesn't mean jack to most people.....who pulls on our armband is massive to me and who represents us! Ade in no way has merited that privilege this season.

What Grimsby said was that it was ridiculous to strip it off Jan and give it back at the first opportunity, which is just a ridiculous statement altogether.

What Grimsby said was that it was ridiculous to strip it off Jan and give it back at the first opportunity, which is just a ridiculous statement altogether.

Is it ridiculous though????

Ade did not need the burden of the armband last night.....he should have man managed the situation differently by saying to ade 'look I just want you to concentrate on your game and getting to a decent level of peformance'

Jan has been in the thick of things recently....Ade has not been involved...so personally I do not understand the logic of poch's decision. I think the choice was detrimental to our team....that is just my opinion.

Please dont think I am slamming poch...I have faith in him and am very pleased with him on the whole....I am just saying I disagree with that particular piece of man management.

Poch is in his first season at the club.

He has a comparatively young and far from ideal squad at his disposal.

He is trying to establish a very challenging new style of play.

He is trying to get decades of weak club mentality out of our system.

He is having to cope with playing many more games than all but one or two other Premier League teams.

And yet.....

We're within touching distance of third.

We're in the semi final of the League Cup.

We're still in the Europa League and the FA Cup.

.....All in all, given the circumstances, we're not doing too badly.

Understand & agree with all of this!

I am behind poch.......but some of his choices have been controversial and people have the right to question them imo

people go 'over the top' because they care deeply about our club.....whilst I dont necessarily agree with Grimbsy on all counts I understand he loves the club and that is his way. People need to understand we are all different and react different....if we didnt forum would be boring if full of yes men.

Is it ridiculous though????

Ade did not need the burden of the armband last night.....he should have man managed the situation differently by saying to ade 'look I just want you to concentrate on your game and getting to a decent level of peformance'

Jan has been in the thick of things recently....Ade has not been involved...so personally I do not understand the logic of poch's decision. I think the choice was detrimental to our team....that is just my opinion.

Please dont think I am slamming poch...I have faith in him and am very pleased with him on the whole....I am just saying I disagree with that particular piece of man management.

Media will make a meal out anything and NOT giving him the armband could have resulted in much harder questions and unnecessary scrutiny.

Media will make a meal out anything and NOT giving him the armband could have resulted in much harder questions and unnecessary scrutiny.

Not if he had made that statement that I made in my previous post.

And why should he care what the media think????? what matters is what is best for the team. so in that respect he did what he thought was right...but for reasons I have given I think it was the wrong call.

In terms of keeping players onside I would rather us pander to Jan rather than ade....who would you rather have in our squad next season.....Jan or Ade?

Hopefully I have not made to much of a meal of explaining where I/Grimbsy are coming from.

Back