• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

He really is tiny isn't he! I know that doesn't preclude him from being a success but can you imagine him receiving some treatment from Jones or Cahill.

We are so devoid of true creativity if Eriksen is off form

I know Edwards is a kid, but he is one of very few at the club that can do something a bit different to unlock a packed defence

Poch should have him as an option on the bench at least.

Come on Poch, get him into the squad and give him a go

We are so devoid of true creativity if Eriksen is off form

I know Edwards is a kid, but he is one of very few at the club that can do something a bit different to unlock a packed defence

Poch should have him as an option on the bench at least.

Come on Poch, get him into the squad and give him a go

I agree

Kid he may be but he is different and a dribbler too

Against buses you need a way to get round them

That's right.....even the fact he can dribble would bring something different to our attack. No-one else can do that.
We are very predictable
Not sure it's wise to put so much expectation on young, inexperienced shoulders. He needs to be introduced say in the early rounds of the FA Cup, and even then only if/when we're coasting.

Sure he is mighty talented but watching him against BVB U19s for example he did show a tendency to take on one more player rather than release the ball early.

The Premier League is far less forgiving, defences are usually that much more organised and difficult to break down. It's not as though he is gifted with exceptional speed, he relies on close ball control and the ability to feint and shimmy his way through a ruck of players but unless he learns when to release the ball against teams like WBA a talent like his is always going to find there's yet one more player to beat.

Then If it all starts to come unstuck it would not be long before fans were getting on his back - with the potentially damaging knock to his confidence.

I prefer to trust in Poch. He got it spot on with Alli and Winks and I believe he'll do the same with the likes of Edwards, KWP, Shashoua, Oakley-Boothe and all our emerging young talent.

I thought the same watching today and other games the last couple of years, we need a dribbler, a wild card, maybe this guy is it?

Our bench looks devoid of creativity too. Sissoko and Dembele do a job, but really Son and Eriksen are our only two creators. We need someone new, something fresh.

To me I dont see that we need 3 defenders on the bench - a RB, CB and LB. With the versatility of Verts, Dier, KWP and even Trippier cover both full back roles at a push, I think we could get away with two defenders on the bench and not regret it for say 36 league games per season.

I think therefore we can include a wildcard on the bench, whether thats Edwards or Sterling or whoever. If Lamela was available you'd obviously chose him instead, but I dont see why we needed Aurier on the bench today given that KWP could cover both full back positions

I agree

Kid he may be but he is different and a dribbler too

Against buses you need a way to get round them

He could probably dibble round the wheel arch, and under a bus.

But Poch has his reasons Edwards needs to be ready. I hope he makes the bench this season though. He will make things happen and win fouls. A perfect sub.

http://www.football.london/tottenha...u-marcus-edwards-sterling-pochettino-13996922

Marcus Edwards still isn't ready yet then?

Yes, we have plenty of players in the academy, not only him, plenty of players that need to work hard and wait for their opportunity when we decide maybe to give them the opportunity.

What's happened with Marcus Edwards then - you were comparing him to Messi last year?

It’s about performance. Maybe I made a mistake because I believed it was positive and he was going to take it in a positive way. It’s about performance. When you’re young, sometimes you need more time.

Sometimes it looks like it’s time to have the possibility to play, or sometimes you stop your evolution. We still trust in him, that he can be important. Of course it’s up to him after that to show us and everyone here at Tottenham that he deserves to be in the first team and deserves to have the possibility.

Is his attitude a problem?

No I’m not going to talk about that. It’s about performance. Of course he needs to work hard like different players that we have in the academy, and wait for the opportunity. It’s never easy, the last step, to join the first team from the academy.

Reads to me like he has an attitude problem but Poch isn't gonna say that outright.

I think a taste of first team action might have been another way of motivating the kid i.e. this is what you are missing, work harder kid. Sometimes a bit of carrot works better than the stick.

I think a taste of first team action might have been another way of motivating the kid i.e. this is what you are missing, work harder kid. Sometimes a bit of carrot works better than the stick.

Conversely giving him some first team action could in effect be the stick!

If he comes in and has a knightmare, finds himself out of his depth, freezes on the stage... Its not necessarily a positive experience.

Though I do accept, that it can still be a valuable experience.

It’s clear Edwards has decided he was way better than his team mates in the academy. Poch is saying it there - he’s reaffirming he isn’t any more special than the others.

Somehow, Edwards has demonstrated that he believes his own hype and has stopped working as hard. And because of that, Poch is right to leave him out. You don’t get chances in a first team like ours to motivate you. If you can’t show the right work ethic when we have one of the most willing managers ever to give young players a chance, then something is wrong with you. He has all the opportunity in the world here but he needs to change his behaviour.

Back