• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

Look at how Kane developed physically between when he first came into adult football in 2011 (18YO) vs when he broke our first team in 2014 (21YO). He went from slow, slight and weak, to a complete beast of an alround #9.

Even if your size doesn't increase, your strength certainly does - see Modric when he arrived vs seasons 3 and 4 with us

i agree about strength, i made that point. My concern is not to bulk up too much.

i agree about strength, i made that point. My concern is not to bulk up too much.

It can work for a creative AM too

IIRC Juve deliberately sent Del Piero away on national service for a year when he was 18 or 19 (when they could have got an exemption) to bulk himself up physically.

Chrissy Waddle also went back to the carpet warehouse for a year after initially struggling as at academy level.

I'm far from a scout and obviously haven't seen him play that much, but when I've watched him, I actually worry less about his physical strength and more about his true pace. Though he's obviously not a super strong player, his low center of gravity makes him seem fairly tough to knock off the ball (he reminds me of someone like Mo Salah) and he seems to be able to ride challenges. However, I wonder if he currently has the burst to get away from senior pros, after he uses his incredible feet or clever passing to beat a man. Obviously, you can work on quick bursts (i.e. Harry Kane in the last couple years), but to get to a level where you are consistently breaking defenses in the Prem, it seems to me like he needs to work on that.

I could be totally wrong, and would be curious if others who have seen him more agree.

Amazing first touch and good composure to round the keeper before finishing.
Agreed. That first touch was a beauty. Made a fairly poor pass look good.With most players that pass kills the move and at best you end up with a half chance. Lovely little skip past the keeper too as you say.

No. I think you mean was not impressed. You need to be careful what you say. Note this bit

"Pochettino's thoughts on Edwards during a period in October 2016 in his new book"

I saw that

He is still far from the first team squad. It looks like he is having to work doubly hard to prove Poch wrong.

No. I think you mean was not impressed. You need to be careful what you say. Note this bit

"Pochettino's thoughts on Edwards during a period in October 2016 in his new book"
I can't wait to read this book, it seems to be answering every behind the scenes question we have! Seriously though I do hope Edwards applies himself, hopefully he recognizes that he will get chances if he does as a player like him would give us a really direct option from the bench.

Back