• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Bergvall

That sort of performance is exactly why the 'Get Maddison out and Bergvall in' comments were so stupid, and just the usual fan comment that can be said without any repercussions, unlike the managers actions. 1) Maddison is a far superior player, he just needed time to play back into form 2) Bergvall is a talented player, but not yet ready for the pressure and rigours of PL football week in week out.

Not a slight on the player at all - He needs time, to mature and acclimatise to the PL and funnily enough that is exactly what Ange is giving him.....

Nail on the h ead, he is a kid who has a lot of talent but he will make mistakes and i hope some fans will give him time to grow into the team. Sadly i guess there will be some who are more impatient then others.

I dont agree, the last 20min of the game it was all about control. He had a good corner that gave 3-0 and did well in two atacks. Who could blame him for trying a shot from 20meters

It's finding the right time to take that speculative shot. For Bergvall's I think it was genuinely a 4 on 3/4 situation and the way to get the maximum gain from that isn't by trying to score a worldy - It's by using the runs of the players around you in space quickly as to not let the opposing team get back in to shape. Moore's shot was a bit more reasonable given the circumstances, but as always it's always easy to analyze watching the game on tele as if it's as simple as a game of FIFA.

It's early days for the young Swede and he probably just wanted to make a big impact after the frustration of his midweek game getting cut short it's understandable. Ange definitely gave him the what for and why is and hopefully he'll take the information on board moving forwards.

I haven't seen a whole lot of Bergvall but there was plenty to like, some good moments and he didn't look overwhelmed by the occasion at all. Looks promising, maybe not quite ready to be starting in the league for now, not out of choice anyways but we'll see if it comes to it.

Back