• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lionel Messi

Just checked he got 21 goals in a season at Barca. He'd need a fair few penalties to come close! lol

It would be interesting to see Messi in the PL, of course, and I don't think he'd get that many goals playing there. He also benefits a lot from playing for one of the best club sides ever, but I'd still bet good money on him for PL top goalscorer, provided he played for a decent team (obviously excludes the likes of Chelski and Stoke).

It would be interesting to see Messi in the PL, of course, and I don't think he'd get that many goals playing there. He also benefits a lot from playing for one of the best club sides ever, but I'd still bet good money on him for PL top goalscorer, provided he played for a decent team (obviously excludes the likes of Chelski and Stoke).

Why would be not get many goals playing in the premiership?

Why would be not get many goals playing in the premiership?

Because I think the general level of the opposition is higher in England than in Spain, where the gap between the two (three this season) top teams and the rest is bigger. Admittedly I don't watch that much La Liga football, so that's just an assumption from my part. But I don't think he'd get that many goalscoring opportunities in the PL as opposed to La Liga.

Because I think the general level of the opposition is higher in England than in Spain, where the gap between the two (three this season) top teams and the rest is bigger. Admittedly I don't watch that much La Liga football, so that's just an assumption from my part. But I don't think he'd get that many goalscoring opportunities in the PL as opposed to La Liga.

He'd comfortably score 30 prem goals a season, but I agree that I don't think he would get 80+ in a calendar year if he was at a Prem club. I mean Ronaldo only got 30 league goals once in the Prem.

Probably because there are more than 4 teams in the PL

I think its fair to say there are more than 4 good teams in spain. All you have to look at is the fact that the 10th best team in Spain (Athletic B) schooled the 2nd best team in England both home and away.

Fair enough mate!

I think its fair to say there are more than 4 good teams in spain. All you have to look at is the fact that the 10th best team in Spain (Athletic B) schooled the 2nd best team in England both home and away.

Blackburn Rovers also beat Manchester United at OT last season

Bilbao have been in near relegation form this season, btw

Blackburn Rovers also beat Manchester United at OT last season

Bilbao have been in near relegation form this season, btw

Sorry i was going by standings last year. So you're saying a (near) relegation team in Spain caned the top team in England, twice?

I'm saying the overall PL quality is considerably higher - as outlined by others as well

Blackburn also 'caned' the top team in England last year - just for some perspective

I personally think the standard of the Premier League has gone way down since Ronaldo left.

I'm saying the overall PL quality is considerably higher - as outlined by others as well

Blackburn also 'caned' the top team in England last year - just for some perspective

'Caned'?

Is caned just a synonym for 'beat'?

Don't think I watched the Manu-Blackburn game last season and probably I wouldn't have remembered it if I did. Had a look at the BBC site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16324998

Going by the stats it was less of a 'caning' and more of a lucky win despite being outplayed. Completely different from what Bilbao did against Manu last season in games that I do remember.

I'll always found arguments about how superior our defences are to Spanish defences hilarious. You'd think all 20 teams were fielding 4 Maldinis every game.

Look at our defending as an example of the outstanding standards you get here and we're apparently the 4th best team in the country.

And Zlatan was there for a season. Scored 21 goals (do Barcelona get 60 penalties a season) and was then promptly moved on because he was brick.

Just reading this. LOL. Caned? Just checked it was 58% possession to Blackburns 42%. United had 28 shots to Blackburns 10. Hardly a 'caning'.

Just reading this. LOL. Caned? Just checked it was 58% possession to Blackburns 42%. United had 28 shots to Blackburns 10. Hardly a 'caning'.

Stats mean very little in such arguments of 'dominance'. I watched that game and Utd didn't deserve to win

Please don't deviate from the original point with an off-topic argument - do you really think La Liga contains a stronger array of teams than the PL?

Last edited:
2iv1hxf.png

Back