• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

League Cup or NLD?

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
What should we prioritise over the next few days?

The League Cup is really opening up. Only City, Chelsea and possibly Liverpool (still playing extra time) of the other big 7 left in the competition before we've kicked a ball. An easy route back into Europe. Our first silverware in 7 years.

Or a game about local bragging rights in a competition we are likely to end up 15-18 points off the pace anyway

Heart or head?

Last edited:
What should we prioritise over the next few days?

The League Cup is really opening up. Only City and possibly Liverpool (still playing extra time) of the other big 7 left in the competition before we've kicked a ball. An easy route back into Europe. Our first silverware in 7 years.

Or a game about local bragging rights in a competition we are likely to end up 15-18 points off the pace anyway

Heart or head?

What is this arrogance based on?
We rightly lost to West Brom on Sunday at WHL.
The likes of Southampton and Stoke would fancy their chances against us in the next round.

What is this arrogance based on?
We rightly lost to West Brom on Sunday at WHL.
The likes of Southampton and Stoke would fancy their chances against us in the next round.

We get a supportive crowd in the cups, so we'll be as strong at home as we are away.

If you mean just the match v Forest, then I would rather win the NLD, we could quite easily get drawn at City or Chelsea in the next round anyway

If you mean winning the League Cup itself or winning the NLD, I would take the trophy win hands down

league cup, we have half a chance of a result against Forest, arsenal are gonna ****ing murder us

no point resting players for a guaranteed spanking

Play full strength side for both, Fcuk it we are gonna lose anyway might as well try and field our strongest side and say, hey, we lost fielding our best possible side and we are still ****.

Play full strength side for both, Fcuk it we are gonna lose anyway might as well try and field our strongest side and say, hey, we lost fielding our best possible side and we are still ****.

I think I'm coming around to this point of view. Put out our best XI, beat Forest and get the fans back onside, then go to Arsenal and kick f**k out of them and try and battle to a result.

Wow talk about pessimism re the **** game on Saturday. I really hope our players dont take that approach into the game on Saturday.

Wow talk about pessimism re the **** game on Saturday. I really hope our players dont take that approach into the game on Saturday.

saddening isnt it?

sure,arsenal are still unbeaten in the league but other than villa they havnt looked very convincing. plus its a derby and anything can happen? do I think we'll win? not really but i dont think itll be a drubbing.

i'll be absolutely delighted if they change their approach to the NLD from the half arsed one they have shown thus far this season

We should have a strong enough squad to taken on both challenges but I doubt it.

Pre loaded excuses at the ready, if we play fulll strength tomorrow the players will be tired for NLD, if we play a mixed team the horror show on Saturday will be because there's been too much tinkering and no consistency, time for the players to gel and whatnot.

Are you surprised DFS? I for one, will not be surprised if our players **** themselves and let themselves and us down once again, and issue a half arsed "Bad day but we'll learn from this" statement and crack on being quite average and stealing a living.

To me the League Cup is more important, we have a more realistic chance of winning that than the Prem. Of course if we hadn't foolishly left two HG spots unfilled, we'd have a better chance of competing in both. Not that that would have made us realistic Prem contenders, but maybe now we'd be 3rd had we bought say Welbeck and Lescott, and at least still in contention for the fabled fourth place, which I'm now convinced is beyond us once again.

To lose to Forest would be even more shameful and embarrassing than the WBA fiasco. The manager and players just have to get this one right, or we'll be continuing on our path to joining West Ham as one of London's top comedy clubs.

With only 9/16 PL teams being left for the last 16, its defo a good chance to do well if we progress tonight

Back