• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

31 years old now, but he’s never been that pacy. Would def be very useful against park the bus teams (esp considering how much possession our rwb gets), but presume he wanted to be up north.

Did he burn his bridges with us? Never found out what his complaints about Poch related to?
Being used when injured but his injury not being made public
So people just thought he was crap basically
Poch used to use him agains5 paid the bus sides specially for his crossing and passing
He okayed Watford away the game game we got a late son winner in about 6 years ago and he was crossing like mad man that day too

I read that wrong and thought 'blimey, Torino is a bit of a step down'. But actually double blimey

Toronto is big market for Italian players - well over half a million here of Italian descent. Over 20,000 season tickets sold, one of the biggest markets in MLS and routinely at the top of player salary charts. They splashed out $14 million year for Juve's Sebastian Giovinco and won an MLS title. For a 30-yr-old player to get a five year deal at €11 per is a bit heavy, they can easily afford it.

Toronto is big market for Italian players - well over half a million here of Italian descent. Over 20,000 season tickets sold, one of the biggest markets in MLS and routinely at the top of player salary charts. They splashed out $14 million year for Juve's Sebastian Giovinco and won an MLS title. For a 30-yr-old player to get a five year deal at €11 per is a bit heavy, they can easily afford it.

Its great for the MLS but I didnt see them with 20k this season and they were total rubbish. Cant see him making all the difference but you never know. It will be like when Defoe went, quality up front without the supporting cast. giving him a 5 year contract must have something else in it. Iike when Beckham went.

Steve Hitchin has been in his ear .... they now both hate the January transfer window and don't know why fans even bother speculating

Jokes aside, I have had and will have a very bad feeling about 'I hate January' Hitchen sticking around, tbh.

He was the one who brought us most of the wasters we have now, from Doherty to Bergwijn to N'dombele to Lo Celso, and that he not only hasn't been sacked for some of those buys but has become the deadweight Paratici has to drag around with him speaks to how much this c*nt has Levy's ear.

Nothing good comes of having this bloke at the club.

One of the long-term internet ITKs (I know, I know) has actually been quite clear in a recent post. Take with salt, but it is, at least, a nice message to read. Nothing earth-shatteringly new.

"Doc, TN, Dele, Rodon, Davinson, Bergwijn are all deemed surplus. There are others we'd accept offers for but they'd have to be above what we consider their value to be. Conte wants 3 in in January, and 3 more in the Summer. It wouldn't be a deal breaker if we only got a couple in now but 6 was what they agreed to be realistic and necessary over the next couple of windows. The priority right now is for a CB that can play left and center, a RWB and an attacking option. I know there will be a plethora of you out there with the opinion that other positions are more important, but Conte would like these first, and it has to be done his way now. As I say things are fluid and if the right player became available in another position we would have course look to bring them in as well.

As I posted yesterday It's always been about being in the right place for the start of next season. This next few months are effectively a huge pre-season where the players are to learn their new roles and ethos of how the manager wants to play. He wants to first be solid defensively, it's his main priority and the hardest part of his system to get across to the players as it's usually a different system to anything they've played before. From what I was told he feels it's for easier for a good AM to slot into any system and find runners, than it is for CB's or WB's to understand how he wants them to play during different phases of play. That's why he wants to get that side of things established and in place first. Like I say, should the right AM become available we'd not turn our noses up but it's not the priority as of right now.

Conte knew exactly what he was getting into when he came in, nothing at all has changed FP has been working on things and I expect us to get at least two and probably the 3 Conte wants this month. I certainly wouldn't rule out more than that if we can get players moved on which again is down to FP now. January as we all know is always difficult but I think FP with all his contacts will find it easier than we've found it in the past."

Key Questions:
  • Can Sessegnon stay fit? If so that's like a new signing
  • Can we raise money by selling anyone? If so then we have a shot at signing an expensive player.
  • Can we unearth some bargain signings? Traore might fit into this category with Wolves keen to take £10m rather than nothing later.

Key Questions:
  • Can Sessegnon stay fit? If so that's like a new signing
  • Can we raise money by selling anyone? If so then we have a shot at signing an expensive player.
  • Can we unearth some bargain signings? Traore might fit into this category with Wolves keen to take £10m rather than nothing later.
Traore has how long left on his contract?

One of the long-term internet ITKs (I know, I know) has actually been quite clear in a recent post. Take with salt, but it is, at least, a nice message to read. Nothing earth-shatteringly new.

"Doc, TN, Dele, Rodon, Davinson, Bergwijn are all deemed surplus. There are others we'd accept offers for but they'd have to be above what we consider their value to be. Conte wants 3 in in January, and 3 more in the Summer. It wouldn't be a deal breaker if we only got a couple in now but 6 was what they agreed to be realistic and necessary over the next couple of windows. The priority right now is for a CB that can play left and center, a RWB and an attacking option. I know there will be a plethora of you out there with the opinion that other positions are more important, but Conte would like these first, and it has to be done his way now. As I say things are fluid and if the right player became available in another position we would have course look to bring them in as well.

As I posted yesterday It's always been about being in the right place for the start of next season. This next few months are effectively a huge pre-season where the players are to learn their new roles and ethos of how the manager wants to play. He wants to first be solid defensively, it's his main priority and the hardest part of his system to get across to the players as it's usually a different system to anything they've played before. From what I was told he feels it's for easier for a good AM to slot into any system and find runners, than it is for CB's or WB's to understand how he wants them to play during different phases of play. That's why he wants to get that side of things established and in place first. Like I say, should the right AM become available we'd not turn our noses up but it's not the priority as of right now.

Conte knew exactly what he was getting into when he came in, nothing at all has changed FP has been working on things and I expect us to get at least two and probably the 3 Conte wants this month. I certainly wouldn't rule out more than that if we can get players moved on which again is down to FP now. January as we all know is always difficult but I think FP with all his contacts will find it easier than we've found it in the past."
Sounds like the usual made up gonads to me.... I reckon any one of us could've come up with the above and tried to pass it off as 'ITK'.... I mean from where exactly do these "ITK's" get their info from?.... Considering those peddling this stuff have remained the same people over several years that only leaves a single potential source at THFC who would have this information and that is Daniel Levy (and can any of you see Levy openly talking about this sort of stuff?)

Traore has how long left on his contract?

RIght, they have this summer so can play hardball, unless they actively want Doherty. Having Sessegnon and Traore would give us an injection of pace and verve down the wings. Neither are polished, both are fast and capable of opening up spaces. Would be exciting at the least, and give us more options. Currently, we have two wingbacks - essentially midfielders who tuck in when we're defending - who are not comfortable attacking and have played as fullbacks all their career. As Hojbjerg and Skipp aren't known for goals and assists either, we lack some spark from the middle.

I'd be very happy with Traore and a forward. Even someone like Temur Pukki. An older player who knows how to finish, wouldn't be so bad.

I'd be very happy with Traore and a forward. Even someone like Temur Pukki. An older player who knows how to finish, wouldn't be so bad.
I wouldn’t say no to Traore
But we would have to accept he isn’t a wing back and isnt creative
He can actually finish ok TBF
And he doesn’t lose the ball

Back